How To Change The Name Of My Modpack

Hi, i'm trying to change the name of my modpack but, although i am able to do this to some extent, the modpack directory name doesnt change, or the name of the pack during download. Does anyone know if there is a way to get around this, if this is a bug or simply if im doing something plain wrong??? Any help would be appreciated.

• Discord Moderator

You should be able to change the name of your pack archive ZIP file, make sure it's publicly published and put that in your pack settings (might want to increment your version number when you do). However, the "modpack directory name" you refer to is likely your pack "slug" which is created when you make your pack. There is no practical way to change this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By YTDannydan
      So i made a modpack, and i have tried linking my file on several different websites, dropbox, MediaFire and Google Drive. but the modpack settings keep saying: "The modpack location you specified is not a valid zip file." can someone please help me? i want to make a server of this modpack in future but for the last couple days i have been struggling!
    • By seraphicsong
      I have a folder, inside are config, mods, and bin folders. The mods are in the mods folder, I have a forge installer renamed to modpack.jar inside the bin folder. I zip the config, mods, and bin folder and then upload them to dropbox. I take the download link from dropbox, and change the end number from 0 to 1. I put it in the modpack location of the edit modpack on the technic website. However, when i try to install the modpack from technic launcher, I get vanilla Minecraft when it opens. Please help!
    • By Capio13
      A journey with next to no end!
       Modpack link:https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/edges-of-infinity.1770571
      Discord link:https://discord.gg/uCscFpNNkk
      Welcome to the Edge of Infinity, impossible you might think, but when you step into our modpack, it will seem all too real. Enjoy adventuring in the overworld finding unique biomes, dungeons, or go down below into the Nether which is more vibrant than ever, even The End is much more involved now.

But The End isn't the end of the story, enjoy going to whole new dimensions, becoming a master at a certain skill, or even just becoming familiar with your class, which includes custom skills and spells for you to experiment with!
      This is a modpack for those people who feel tired of always hitting the endgame of modpacks and getting bored with them, but also don't have a lot of processing power for those huge kitchen sink modpacks.
      This includes famous mods such as Ice and Fire, Doomlike Dungeons, DivineRpg, and even AoA(Nevermine)!
      This modpack was also designed to help encourage exploration with mods such as Dungeontactics, Journeymap, and even Enchantingplus to disenchant all the items you find to make your current gear even better with unique enchantments!
      The main highlight of this modpack is the class system introduced by MKultra! Which lets you play classes such as being a Druid, a ranger, or even a nether mage! There are even more classes to play as and explore during your time exploring the realms!
      We have a full list of mods on the modpack listing above, and we even have a discord where you can report bugs and suggest features to be featured in future updates!
    • By Dent2
      Decided to make a custom modpack, with mods my friends and I wanted to play with. But when i open the modpack it won't loade the mods, it opens vanilla minecraft. 
      Here's the link to the pack: https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/langemann-lurer-alle.1769069
      And here are the link to the dropbox location: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rc8x6u15brrxnv0/gurn.zip?dl=0
      I edited the dl=0 to dl=1
      I think i have the right .jar file and the right version of the mods

Lode*
      Again I mean load*

• By aguamieles
      Hey everyone! I'm relatively new to Technic, and I'm having some problems launching modpacks. Whenever I run a modpack, the Minecraft window gets stuck on a white screen. I am running on a Macbook Pro on Mojave 10.14.4. Any advice on how to fix this? If needed, I can post a pastebin from my Technic console. Thank you!