Jump to content

Recommended Posts

For a while, I've been bothered by incorrect item/block names in NEI (not a bug, but just stuff not properly identified in the 'en_US.lang' file, I believe).  For example: in Natura, the Blaze Hopper from the most recent Tekkit version (1.2.8e at the moment) shows up in-game as 'tile.nether.hopper.name'.  I'm currently in the process of trying to make some additions to the 'en_US.lang' file, because it just keeps bugging me when things don't properly identify in NEI or WAILA.

 

BUT...  while looking up item IDs in Natura, I came across the Flint and Blaze.  The in-game ID is 12715 (I can 'give' myself that item in Creative) and yet the ID in the config is 12459.  Guess I've never needed to know this before, but how does that happen?  What's going on?

 

Ultimately, that may not even affect what I'm trying to do, as it appears the .lang files only create 'nicknames' for the underlying block/item identifiers, so IDs aren't important for what I'm trying to do.  I just was completely befuddled that an ID number could change like that.

 

I might have thought that somehow another mod was automatically correcting an ID conflict, but there appears to be no other item in-game with and ID of 12459...  so there's no reason for it to have been changed.

 

Am I just losing my mind?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Content

    • By Mysticdz
      so this is my 1st modpack, a list of the mods in it are https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/europa-odyssey.1185384
      Aether II Applied Energistics Baubles Better Storage Big Reactors Buildcraft Ender IO Mo' Creatures Extra Planets Fossil & Archeology Galacticraft Industrial Craft Iron Chests Legend Gear MCA Natura Tinkers' Construct Camping Mod Weeping Angels Witchery  
      there is also a server that has just been opened  EuropaOdyssey.mcserver.ws
       
      I tried to include something for everyone so I hope you enjoy!
       
      If anyone has any advice or tips please let me know =)
    • By ReCast Productions
      This modpack contains all your favorite mods from Tekkit, Voltz, Tekkit Legends and more.. Download now to create the perfect world.
      You can also download the modpack server, this includes mods and plugin functionality for things like world edit, world gaurd etc.
      Note: The server requires Java 7, it does not work with Java 8
      Technic Modpack Page
    • By ShrillBear52
      Hi! Me and my friends started a server for 2 months ago, one of my friend is the host and we disabled the dolphins spawning in the server config files (Mo'Creatures).However,now they started to spwan on one specific place (at my friend's house) and they make lagging the server if we are on the nearby and make us dropping out from the server,we couldn't realy find any commands that would help us to kill those buggers,(we're on 1.7.10) and tried the" /cofh killall [entity] " command,(CoFH mod) but this is only kills the hostile mobs, and the only solution what we can do is take out the Mo'Creatures mod what I realy don't want,so please if someone know what can we do then please reply to this topic !!! THX!!!
    • By Nukious
      Hi, I'd like to know how I can change the terminal width and size via the ComputerCraft config for my Tekkit Classic server.
      I've tried changing terminal_width and terminal_height, but they only seem to work on singleplayer and if I edit them on the server's config, nobody is affected.
      Here is my config...
      #MLProperties: name (type:default) min:max -- information #MLProp : computerBlockID (int:207) #MLProp : diskDriveBlockID (int:208) #MLProp : diskItemID (int:4000) #MLProp : diskDriveGUIID (int:100) #MLProp : enableAPI_http (int:0) #MLProp : modem_range (int:64) #MLProp : modem_rangeDuringStorm (int:1) # #Fri Jul 22 00:59:10 CEST 2016 terminal_width=100 terminal_textColour_g=255 modem_rangeDuringStorm=16 computerBlockID=207 diskItemID=4000 diskDriveBlockID=208 enableAPI_http=1 terminal_textColour_b=0 checksum=440 terminal_textColour_r=0 modem_range=64 diskDriveGUIID=100 terminal_height=36 What do I do? As you can see I've set terminal_height and terminal_width to twice the default, however, only the HTTP API setting seems to actually change something in this config file.
      I'm quite stumped here, my singleplayer configuration has no effect on servers too!
      If possible, I'd like to make the default text colour green as well, to make the ComputerCraft terminals on my server look like the RedPower computers.
    • By Hague
      The microblocks.cfg for Blightfall has a simple typo that prevents Underground Biomes Constructs stone brick blocks from being used with saws in microblock recipes. The bugged line is numbered 11 and reads: "UndergroundBiomes:metamorphicStoneBricks":0-15
       
      Using NEI to dump blocks.csv the relevant id for UBC stone brick is: "UndergroundBiomes:metamorphicStoneBrick"
       
      Removing the s fixes the problem. The problem is identical in the igneous rock entry as well.
×
×
  • Create New...