ZTamelessCreeper

I'm on a 64 bit PC but the Technic Launcher thinks it's a 32 bit!?!?

Okay so here is my annoying situation!!

So I was trying to load a modpack and it wouldn't respond and never loaded and just came back to the launcher.  So I went to the modpack page to see what was wrong.  It said that the modpack needed 2 GB of ram to load so I went to change it.  Then when I did it said I could only go up to 1 GB!  I'm on a 64 bit x64 system and I'm 99% positive I don't have a 32 bit java installed anywhere.......

PLEASE HELP!!!!  THIS IS A REALLY ANNOYING SITUATION SINCE I'VE BEEN WAITING TO PLAY THIS MODPACK FOREVER!!

Edited by ZTamelessCreeper

If you are on a 64bit OS with 4G+ of RAM and the launcher only lets you select a max of 1G allocation then the launcher is only seeing 32bit Java. Uninstall all Java entries in your Programs and Features then re-install the latest Java 7 JRE.

This has been reported numerous times, on Common Fix-threads and on the Tracker. You have a 32-bit installed, uninstall all javas, restart your PC and reinstall the 64-bit.

Post future issues on the Tracker and follow the Tracker Rules

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Marller
      I updated a modpack last night and lost everything. Most of the mods that were in the pack I use all the time and they were removed. I tried to reinstall them, got Needs Newest Forge Update, tried to install that and nothing. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the modpack several times. When I load the game it just loads the vanilla version. I asked for help in their Discord but there was nothing that they could really do. I've tried a few modpacks and they all load just fine. Is there a away to fix this?
    • By Yamiash101
      Howdy, I'm trying to set up a dumb little modpack for me to screw around with using the technic launcher, mostly so I can still use client-side mods on my main client without having to switch the mod folders constantly. Anyways, as the title suggests, it's opening up in vanilla. I understand this is a relatively common issue, and have spent the last 2 or more hours looking at other members' help requests to little avail. As far as I can tell, everything has been done correctly.

The modpack is unceremoniously called Dat Survivor Boi, since Survivor was taken and I didn't feel like making something serious, as this was supposed to be a relatively private thing at first. Any help would be appreciated. I suspect it might have something to do with "coremods", but I haven't really screwed around with mods later than 1.7.10 before, so I am very unfamiliar with it. It's never been an issue in my past, and I'm doubtful it is now, but that's the only thing I can tell could be wrong.

Thank you for reading.
    • By Superskillz69
      I've played tekkit for a couple thousand hours now and never once encountered the battle I'm going through now. I haven't played in about 6 months or so.
      Some things to note:
      - I have both java 32 bit and 64 bit  runtime environments and I have experimented with a variety of different versions (many recommended on this forum)
      -I have 16Gb of RAM, a dedicated GPU and my nVidia driver is up to date. I have also rolled back to previous versions and encountered the same issues.
      -With any 64 bit java installed on the PC, Technic Launcher will not launch.
      -When I uninstall 64 bit java, launcher starts (in 32 bit) but obviously ram cannot be changed etc... However whilst running, I can install 64 bit java and then change ram settings.
      -Packs will download in this case however will not launch even when RAM is set below 6GB. I get a little java pop-up window saying "Hello".
      -https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/5MGrYNsP44/

Please please please provide any assistance as I'm not ready to give up just yet!
    • By KingVolts
      so guys i was doing a cool modpack to play with the boys but it doesn't open it ,it just pops the minecraft 1.12.2 vanilla screen 
      i did exactly as the tutorials said over and over and nothing changes 
      can someone help??

modpack below
      https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/uskorno-brazzers.1640370
      obs(dont mind name or ricardo at icon) kkkkkk
    • By aaronthebigdino
      Type of Bug: In Game Bug: Crashes while trying to load mods
      Problem: Technic Launcher/Forge crashes while loading mods, or loads mods but is unable to create or join a world without crashing.

Modpack: Tekxit 3, Version 1.12.2
      Game Log: http://batman.gyptis.org/zerobin/?d721831b40c2244d#tNvBcsEp8AIcpu3DOnAa0pg6y0cmhivU6EihgKUD9gw=
      Crash Log: http://batman.gyptis.org/zerobin/?7716be1e3120b2fc#DpfgKpZVoxIti+naxx3fa2P2ggxwSMQQDheO/UNHf8w=

Attempts to fix:
      -Upped allocated RAM to Minecraft
      -Changed client from Technic Launcher to Forge, problem persisted
      -Deleting mods and reinstalling
      -Removing all mods to see if it was a problem w/ forge; it was not the problem; forge loaded perfectly fine

Any help would be appreciated!