[1.7.10] Apocalyptic Gaming Network: APOC Tech & RPG Modpack & Server - All of technic in one pack! (240 mods) | Dedicated Server | Economy/Shops/Plots/Rewards/Keys | PVP & PVE Worlds (3 Overworlds, 100+ Modded Worlds) | 10+ Custom Plugins!

All Technic modpacks in one? Why the hell didn't anyone think of this before? Congratulations to you Mr PhoenixTalon!

Thanks, update is delayed due to major site renovations but it will be released soon.

Want to help APOC?

Apply for staff on our site! All positions open!

Love the modpack. The server, however, is plugin-hell. I use ./world and fall through it. That's okay, I didn't need all my starter stuff. I guess I'll just try again in 3 minutes. <<<< even happens if you try going to an invalid world. So, let's read the help pages, see what commands we can do! gotta wait half a minute before you can read page 2. Why. Between the lag, the timers, and the massive coloured "buy this and we'll make you OP" spam, your server is very dissapointing. Great idea for a modpack, but this server sucks.

Love the modpack. The server, however, is plugin-hell. I use ./world and fall through it. That's okay, I didn't need all my starter stuff. I guess I'll just try again in 3 minutes. <<<< even happens if you try going to an invalid world. So, let's read the help pages, see what commands we can do! gotta wait half a minute before you can read page 2. Why. Between the lag, the timers, and the massive coloured "buy this and we'll make you OP" spam, your server is very dissapointing. Great idea for a modpack, but this server sucks.

LMFAO!?

Your post is absolutely hilarious!

We have it send you to the nether when you do /world cause you obviously did not read the signs on how to exit spawn.

To exit spawn you need to type in the NAMES of the worlds properly as stated on the signs in the room you spawn in.

If you cannot spend 2 minutes of your time to read a few damn signs why do you even join servers?

Also "Buy this and we will make you OP"? Are you kidding me? There is not s single staff member who has "bought" their rank.

Our staff earned their place after hard work and activity on our network not buying their way in.

And lag? Excuse me but um its not our problem your computer cannot handle 166 mods in a single pack. Your FPS lag has nothing to do with our server.

FPS is your system your computer your problems. If your FPS is low blame you, yourself, and your computer. Not us. We have no affiliation with your computer or any connection to your performance of your computer.

Me and my staff and old players on APOC can play on Tech & RPG at around 200-1300 FPS at all times because we have good computers. Our server is custom coded and is multi-core and multi-threaded. It does not lag!

If you come onto servers forums to just yell at them for your own problems of not being able to read some signs and having a low performance computer and you want to take out your hatred on the people who actually do their jobs and make a high performance no lag server and detailed information for you to play on said server then we are happy you are no longer playing on our network.

LMFAO!?

Your post is absolutely hilarious!

We have it send you to the nether when you do /world cause you obviously did not read the signs on how to exit spawn.

To exit spawn you need to type in the NAMES of the worlds properly as stated on the signs in the room you spawn in.

If you cannot spend 2 minutes of your time to read a few damn signs why do you even join servers?

Also "Buy this and we will make you OP"? Are you kidding me? There is not s single staff member who has "bought" their rank.

Our staff earned their place after hard work and activity on our network not buying their way in.

And lag? Excuse me but um its not our problem your computer cannot handle 166 mods in a single pack. Your FPS lag has nothing to do with our server.

FPS is your system your computer your problems. If your FPS is low blame you, yourself, and your computer. Not us. We have no affiliation with your computer or any connection to your performance of your computer.

Me and my staff and old players on APOC can play on Tech & RPG at around 200-1300 FPS at all times because we have good computers. Our server is custom coded and is multi-core and multi-threaded. It does not lag!

If you come onto servers forums to just yell at them for your own problems of not being able to read some signs and having a low performance computer and you want to take out your hatred on the people who actually do their jobs and make a high performance no lag server and detailed information for you to play on said server then we are happy you are no longer playing on our network.

1: He said lag, not FPS. Lag can be a catch all term to some, but most players use lag to refer to TPS and bandwidth issues.

2: OP has two meanings. OPerator or OverPowered. My money is he was complaining about constant reminders to purchase memberships for ingame boosts.

3: Your tone borderlines hysteria. As if you're trying to desperately to make sure this guy is seen as a hateful troll loser, even if you have to put words in his mouth.

4: I noticed you didn't respond to his complaint about the help system having a cooldown timer.

World should take me to the nether. I knew that when I used it. It took me to the nether, and it just dropped me into the void. Like Neowolf's first two points, I meant server lag and overpowered. I don't know anything about hosting servers, but I'm pretty sure having a half-a-minute wait for block update constitutes as lag. I'm not saying that your server is trash. If I wanted to make a post that solely insulted it, I would've stopped at "plugin hell".

1: He said lag, not FPS. Lag can be a catch all term to some, but most players use lag to refer to TPS and bandwidth issues.

2: OP has two meanings. OPerator or OverPowered. My money is he was complaining about constant reminders to purchase memberships for ingame boosts.

3: Your tone borderlines hysteria. As if you're trying to desperately to make sure this guy is seen as a hateful troll loser, even if you have to put words in his mouth.

4: I noticed you didn't respond to his complaint about the help system having a cooldown timer.

There is a cooldown on a lot of commands cause of people spamming them and flooding the console.

Every single "package" for donators are Pay-2-Shortcut. Everything can be purchased for free if players vote on our website.

And everything purchased can be easily earned in game with time. (Economy earned from digging, mining, killing mobs and players, being online for long periods, voting), mcmmo levels level fast so +50 from supporters is not all that much.

Pretty much the only "OverPowered" thing supporters have is the /feed command and no item/xp loss on death.

And to my defense "to my tone" i have had people like him troll or make my servers look like shit on ALL of my posts here on technic, even to the point of private messaging me.

We have a support and suggestions forum on our website, if people are having issues they ask for help. Not come onto another website and say THIS THIS THIS THIS AND THIS IS WRONG AND I DIED AND THIS SERVER SUCKS!

When something wrong is brought up to my attention i act on it. But just screaming "LAG" when our servers have never seen anything below 20 TPS and their ping to our servers never go over 200ms there is nothing I or my staff can do about this "LAG" they speak of.

World should take me to the nether. I knew that when I used it. It took me to the nether, and it just dropped me into the void. Like Neowolf's first two points, I meant server lag and overpowered. I don't know anything about hosting servers, but I'm pretty sure having a half-a-minute wait for block update constitutes as lag. I'm not saying that your server is trash. If I wanted to make a post that solely insulted it, I would've stopped at "plugin hell".

Our server unloads entire worlds when no one is in them. It keeps portal locations cached in memory to load it up quickly, it does not keep the area you do /world at loaded.

It takes an average of 1 minutes for the world to reload and start loading the chunks around you from an unloaded world.

If you ask "Why do you unload worlds" or "Why does it take 1 minute to reload?"

The modpack server has over 30 worlds. If it had all of them loaded all the time the server would in fact start lagging.

I don't think there is any server that can handle 30 worlds with over 20 players online accessing all those worlds.

This is why many servers create "hubs" and bungeecord server setups by starting up multiple servers for each world and linking them together.

We have found ways to not do that and that's to unload things not in use, clear entities every 15 mins, lower tick rates on mostly everything, etc. In the end our servers can handle 300 players online without "lagging" or falling below 20 TPS.

And yes this was tested publicly back last year when Hexxit first came out and we were one of the only servers that started up a hexxit server. We were bombed with hundreds of players back then and our server held up with all those people running around and playing.

Edited by Zilacon

I understand your timers have purpose. I was simply saying that they're irrationally long. 20 people can't all be on 30 worlds at once. L2math. Last paragraph is barely relevant, if that. Pay2Shortcut = Pay2GetOPFaster.

And to my defense "to my tone" i have had people like him troll or make my servers look like shit on ALL of my posts here on technic, even to the point of private messaging me.

We have a support and suggestions forum on our website, if people are having issues they ask for help. Not come onto another website and say THIS THIS THIS THIS AND THIS IS WRONG AND I DIED AND THIS SERVER SUCKS!

People like me? It must be a conspiracy! I can't tell what's going through your head, phoenix, but I don't agree that my 1st post was trolling. The second anyone makes a negative comment about your server, attacking them doesn't clear anything up. If you were worried about your threads looking bad, you wouldn't get all hysterical, even if I were a troll. I never said that you're doing it wrong. I never "screamed" anything, and had I it would've been useless. If you call caps screaming, you're the only one who's done it so far. I did say your server sucks and I meant it. If you can't handle people giving you criticism, get a forum staff member to lock your thread.

But pls. Calm down kid. <<< = trolling. Not ^^^^^

Edited by jbrown

It's funny, these people posting how good the server is. Their acc creation date isn't recent, but their only posts are on APOC servers within like 10 minutes of eachother, saying that each is the best. Almost makes you think it's just spam to bump the topic....

It's funny, these people posting how good the server is. Their acc creation date isn't recent, but their only posts are on APOC servers within like 10 minutes of eachother, saying that each is the best. Almost makes you think it's just spam to bump the topic....

Funny the same could be said about you.

Mr i made an account to post on this thread multiple times and only this very thread since Aug 17th of 2014.

You want to go and say "its just spam to bump the topic" go talk to these guys over here: http://forums.technicpack.net/topic/62179-1012a-endercraft-network-attack-of-the-b-team-towny-no-pvp-few-banned-items-low-lag-teamspeak/

They seem to got that whole spamming to bump their topic strategy down pat.

Eh no different that a whitelist.

Now unlike the constant bumping you used to do until I warned you about it, these astroturf reviews aren't technically against the rules.

Though bald faced lies like mr snarkstomper's >post in the ag skies thread I could easily use as justification to slap someone around.

Bottom line, if you're going to astroturf for bumps, atleast take the effort to make it believable.

Eh no different that a whitelist.

Now unlike the constant bumping you used to do until I warned you about it, these astroturf reviews aren't technically against the rules.

Though bald faced lies like mr snarkstomper's >post in the ag skies thread I could easily use as justification to slap someone around.

Bottom line, if you're going to astroturf for bumps, atleast take the effort to make it believable.

We do have minigames...

And our AGS server does not lag. Trust me ive been on some other AGS servers and its horrible... I don't know how it can lag when your worlds have no world generation to them at all...

Besides i don't tell them what to type i tell them to vote for our servers to get more people on and they post on here as well.

And no sir that IS NOT a whitelist. I joined that server it is very much public.

Our servers are also public. None of their servers have ever been whitelisted.

Mine however i had my B-Team whitelisted for a time but that's about it.

We do have minigames...

Where? I just sat through the couple minutes of wasted time waiting for the help command cooldowns and I see no mention of any minigame plugins. And spawn has nothing about minigames.

Not that it would matter, the server is so low pop you couldn't get a game going anyway. But as someone who has spent two weeks trying the server out, I'm going to have to stick with "It's a lie"

And our AGS server does not lag. Trust me ive been on some other AGS servers and its horrible... I don't know how it can lag when your worlds have no world generation to them at all...

Ooo, swing and a miss. You may be less laggy than some of the popular ag skies servers (barely), but that doesn't make you lag free. 

One major issue is every other ag skies server bans fluids flowing into the void, but the apoc server doesn't. I asked one of the staff how they made the fluid thing a non issue and all I got was "LOL i dunno".

Now considering every other server tracks down and bans people for a single column of water into the void, and they can do it via lag meters, it doesn't surprise me things slow down when a couple people are all on and loading 9 islands each because everything is so crowded.

Also, worldgen isn't all lag is.

Besides i don't tell them what to type i tell them to vote for our servers to get more people on and they post on here as well.

So add a warning that spam bumping will become counter productive.

And no sir that IS NOT a whitelist. I joined that server it is very much public.

Our servers are also public. None of their servers have ever been whitelisted.

Mine however i had my B-Team whitelisted for a time but that's about it.

Did I say it was a whitelist?

What they've got there is considered a grey list. You can log on and play to a certain degree, but full 100% only unlocks when you apply. Sure the 100% is just starting kit, but it counts and is perfectly legal around here.

You on the other hand have over 1000 bump posts thinly disguised as status updates.

I get it, you're defensive about your servers. Granted I'm guessing because you're trying to defend a revenue stream, which is why there's a constant stream of reminders to pay you money, plus half the links in the MOTD are adfly links, but that's not against the rules here.

But if you can't defend against a bad review without coming off as a maniac to the readers then maybe you should put someone else in charge of public relations.

Where? I just sat through the couple minutes of wasted time waiting for the help command cooldowns and I see no mention of any minigame plugins. And spawn has nothing about minigames.

Not that it would matter, the server is so low pop you couldn't get a game going anyway. But as someone who has spent two weeks trying the server out, I'm going to have to stick with "It's a lie"

Minigames are on a seperate world which is being worked on globally. If you came onto our hexxit server you will see what we have been building for the last 2 weeks.

Mini-Games is the last thing to finish in our new spawn and we are working on them as we speak. CTF arena was finished today.

I advertise we have mini-games because WE DID until i spawned in our universal spawn into all our servers and asked my staff to build them.

Biggest mistake i ever did. They never did it, which is why half my staff have been demoted this month, thinning the herd.

Also UltimateArena is installed on every single one of my servers, even my tekkit classic. Not sure why you could not find it but it is most definitely there.

Ooo, swing and a miss. You may be less laggy than some of the popular ag skies servers (barely), but that doesn't make you lag free. 

One major issue is every other ag skies server bans fluids flowing into the void, but the apoc server doesn't. I asked one of the staff how they made the fluid thing a non issue and all I got was "LOL i dunno".

Now considering every other server tracks down and bans people for a single column of water into the void, and they can do it via lag meters, it doesn't surprise me things slow down when a couple people are all on and loading 9 islands each because everything is so crowded.

Also, worldgen isn't all lag is.

Sorry fluid issue? Kinda hard to call that a issue when we are running on 8 cores.

One of the benefits of not running a standard MCPC setup using a single core.

Our servers use custom jars made from projects like TickThreading, MineTick, and our own programmers. Giving us a multi-threaded and multi-core server.

So fluids going into the void seriously does not lag our server in the slightest. When we first launched the AGS server we had around 21 people online and our server load was at 3% at 20 TPS.

So until i find it to be a problem im not going swinging a ban hammer around for flowing water. However i will take this as a suggestion as i am a fanatic at doing anything that will optimize my servers in the slightest.

Also our AGS server is just going on a month old, its actually my first FTB server i have ever started.

So my knowledge on AGS or running a AGS server is very "minimal" to say the least.

I get it, you're defensive about your servers. Granted I'm guessing because you're trying to defend a revenue stream, which is why there's a constant stream of reminders to pay you money, plus half the links in the MOTD are adfly links, but that's not against the rules here.

But if you can't defend against a bad review without coming off as a maniac to the readers then maybe you should put someone else in charge of public relations.

Theres like... 1? 5 minute message telling players about supporter packages?

And um... All of our "donation packages" you can get for free. And no that is not a lie.

You vote you get $0.10. Vote for a week you get 3 months of supporter for free.

You can buy it with real money or you can earn every single thing over time by voting.

I know a lot of kids do not have money to spend on donating to a server so i want to make it so that everyone has a chance to get supporter packages, kits, home packs, w/e.

I work all day everyday on my server network Neowulf. I will tell you right now it is not by far the best network.

But for a one man operation running all these servers, website, advertisements, teamspeak, making graphics, social media, etc.

I think i am doing a pretty decent job.

As of late i have been demoting abusive staff or lazy staff like candy. I have tried to push things into their hands when it came to projects like building spawn while i work on configurations with plugins and mods and maintaining the servers and building the website and advertising the network. That was a mistake. Because of my staff not doing anything they were told from helping players to even placing a sign on a wall to setup a shop. We have lost players. My new spawn in hexxit that will be placed onto all of my servers soon will fix all of the "laziness" of my former staff. And i am approving many new staff to take their places.

I am working as hard as i can on my network. While i work on everything alone. On 11 servers.

This is why i am defensive over my network, because it is my hard work. Thousands of hours of hard work.

And i would appreciate people more if they would bring issues to my attention on my forums, or in a private message, or on teamspeak so it can be resolved.

Before resorting to posting flame posts on another website.

As for finding someone for public relations, lol i have been looking for one for a loooong time.

No luck in that category.

Minigames are on a seperate world which is being worked on globally. If you came onto our hexxit server you will see what we have been building for the last 2 weeks.

Mini-Games is the last thing to finish in our new spawn and we are working on them as we speak. CTF arena was finished today.

I advertise we have mini-games because WE DID until i spawned in our universal spawn into all our servers and asked my staff to build them.

Biggest mistake i ever did. They never did it, which is why half my staff have been demoted this month, thinning the herd.

Also UltimateArena is installed on every single one of my servers, even my tekkit classic. Not sure why you could not find it but it is most definitely there.

So one of your servers actually has minigames. How exactly does that affect the other servers? Should does not equal does.

And the post I linked to started off with "The minigames are so cool! Was doing it for hours! Man it was cool." How exactly is that not a bald faced lie if he's talking about hours of playing minigames that don't exist?

Sorry fluid issue? Kinda hard to call that a issue when we are running on 8 cores.

One of the benefits of not running a standard MCPC setup using a single core.

Our servers use custom jars made from projects like TickThreading, MineTick, and our own programmers. Giving us a multi-threaded and multi-core server.

So fluids going into the void seriously does not lag our server in the slightest. When we first launched the AGS server we had around 21 people online and our server load was at 3% at 20 TPS.

So until i find it to be a problem im not going swinging a ban hammer around for flowing water. However i will take this as a suggestion as i am a fanatic at doing anything that will optimize my servers in the slightest.

Also our AGS server is just going on a month old, its actually my first FTB server i have ever started.

So my knowledge on AGS or running a AGS server is very "minimal" to say the least.

Neat trick for players. Setup a simple 20 tick clock connected to a lamp. Count the pulses over a minute and you know the heartrate of the server without having admin access.

There's an entire 99-block long edge of my island I can't go near without that heartrate dropping a few TPS. Which is odd because all I see are normal abandoned starter islands.

If your knowledge of AG skies is so limited, then why are you claiming all other servers are horrible?

The only reason I tried yours out is the server I was playing self destructed, and all the other servers are either running old versions or have annoying rules. But none of them have a problem with TE fluid/item ducts and energy conduits glitching out and completely jamming your entire automation setup.

Theres like... 1? 5 minute message telling players about supporter packages?

And um... All of our "donation packages" you can get for free. And no that is not a lie.

You vote you get $0.10. Vote for a week you get 3 months of supporter for free.

You can buy it with real money or you can earn every single thing over time by voting.

I know a lot of kids do not have money to spend on donating to a server so i want to make it so that everyone has a chance to get supporter packages, kits, home packs, w/e.

I work all day everyday on my server network Neowulf. I will tell you right now it is not by far the best network.

But for a one man operation running all these servers, website, advertisements, teamspeak, making graphics, social media, etc.

I think i am doing a pretty decent job.

As of late i have been demoting abusive staff or lazy staff like candy. I have tried to push things into their hands when it came to projects like building spawn while i work on configurations with plugins and mods and maintaining the servers and building the website and advertising the network. That was a mistake. Because of my staff not doing anything they were told from helping players to even placing a sign on a wall to setup a shop. We have lost players. My new spawn in hexxit that will be placed onto all of my servers soon will fix all of the "laziness" of my former staff. And i am approving many new staff to take their places.

I am working as hard as i can on my network. While i work on everything alone. On 11 servers.

This is why i am defensive over my network, because it is my hard work. Thousands of hours of hard work.

And i would appreciate people more if they would bring issues to my attention on my forums, or in a private message, or on teamspeak so it can be resolved.

Before resorting to posting flame posts on another website.

As for finding someone for public relations, lol i have been looking for one for a loooong time.

No luck in that category.

I'm not going to go into the psychology of advertising here, but your raw number of "1 message every 5 minutes" doesn't even begin to take into account perception weighting or message dilution.

Short explanation is when that message is pretty much all you get to break the monotony of an empty chat, plus it contains an eye grabbing character, then it becomes more prominent than raw numbers would suggest.

jbrown's post wasn't flaming, it was a pretty standard criticism post pointing out both good and bad parts.

Your reply to it was maniac dismissal of points he didn't make in his comment. Which suggests that if he had done this via PM then you would have dismissed and ignored it anyway.

All in all I'd say you really should take some time and find a PR person. Someone who won't come off as a postal worker who is one bureaucratic day away from coming to work with a high velocity resignation letter.