[1.7.10] Apocalyptic Gaming Network: APOC Tech & RPG Modpack & Server - All of technic in one pack! (240 mods) | Dedicated Server | Economy/Shops/Plots/Rewards/Keys | PVP & PVE Worlds (3 Overworlds, 100+ Modded Worlds) | 10+ Custom Plugins!

I've been playing on the TPPI server and it is by far my favourite(I've tried out may). It has a nice friendly community and good staff. I do have a suggestion tho. I think when you spawn you should start with a golden shovel for claiming but it's not really a big deal. And another thing i think that the basic player with out donating should get more than one /set home maybe 3 but other than that I have really enjoyed playing and I think I will for a long time.

The APOC Tech/RPG server is one of the best I've seen. The modpack is one of the biggest community-made stable packs around, and the server built around it is extensive, and yet not so much that it's stupid. The community is wonderful, and Zilacon's staff are always ready to give you a hand. All in all, this small modded server is better than some of the supermassive vanilla servers I've seen, and I've seen quite a few. I love this server, and it's community, and the folks behind it that make it all tick. Bugs are fixed quickly, and lag is resolved by staff themselves going into the lag sites and fixing it, rather than restarting the thing. Wonderful server, wonderful people, wonderful modpack 100/10.

• 2 weeks later...

Tons of changes lately to our server and pack, lets begin with the modpack.

• Removed Galacticraft from the pack. This was causing a lot of issues with our multi world setup, we dont know what GC has against other worlds but it forces all player entities to be GCPlayerEntity instead of PlayerEntity messing up plugins on the server. We believe it would be best to just remove it until we make a 1.7.10 version of the pack.
  • Removed Jabba from the pack. This i did not want to do until i found out what it can do to the server when someone hooks up EnderIO to it. Wow that lag! It brought the server to its knees with a flip of the switch. There are many alternatives to this such as DeepStorageUnits, Bins, and Barrels.
  • Removed GregsLighting from the pack. While this is a useful mod to provide lighting it created a tile entity beam across 98 blocks generating hundreds of tile entities on the server from one flood light. The Arcane Lamp which lights a 64x64 area does not do this so this would be the best alternative to this mod.
  • Removed Energy Manipulation from the pack. While this mod was a cool idea and also a alternative to power flowers from EE2 on Tekkit Classic. It had over 5 exploits and dupe glitches that we could not ignore. Players could get infinite energy on it and pretty much get infinite items.

Now for the server plugin changes:

• Chat format completely changed.
  • Ranks and formatting for ranks changed.
  • All scheduled messages changed. They are now more detailed with links to our website for everything.
  • PVP messages are now much more cleaner and more professional looking.
  • PVE messages are now much more cleaner and more professional looking. Before we have jokes added to the messages like "Player was infected by the T-Virus" and things like that when killed by mobs. This confused a lot of people but humored some who got the references to movies and games. But now its a pretty standard message for all deaths.
  • All death messages now show what world you died in.
  • Mini-Game arenas still being built. So far we got 2 Spleef arenas, Mob Arena, CTF Arena finished.
  • Spawn design completely redone.
  • Spawn room is now a lot more cleaner and the information signs are more about the server and how to play then about rules. All of the rules were moved to /RULES along with staff being on /STAFF and banned items on /BANNED and voting on /VOTE. While giving warp signs to pretty much every place and world you could think of in a single room.
  • Towny has been added to the server and a world has been created just for towny. The world is pre-generated and ready to be played on!
  • Creative Plots are almost done with the plugin PlotME. While we made our own creative plot world instead of using the generator with the plugin we still need to mark the plots and set them up for purchase with economy.
  • Supporter world is setup for supporters, this is a private world for those who want to just play or build alone.
  • A lot of the old plugins have been trashed and replaced with new, more lightweight, and up to date plugins.
  • Player ranks are in the works where we will unlock bonuses for ranks such as increased claim blocks, level caps on mcmmo, more homes, etc. These will be basically supporter benefits for free by simply playing on the server for long periods of time.
  • Per world inventories are in the works to prevent people from abusing our multi world system. People would go raid and grief in factions and go to sanctuary and store their loot in their un raidable or un griefable home. This is a exploit we intend to fix.
  • All modded worlds now have a border of 10000x10000. Before they had no border which prevented us from pre-generating the worlds to help with chunk loading.
  • Resource, NewSanctuary, Factions, Towny, Creative, Spawn, Twilight Forest are all pre-generated worlds. There is no server generation required when exploring.
  • We fixed the lag spikes/freezes when exploring chunks on the servers. This was a major issue when exploring your client would freeze for 15 to 45 seconds. This was due to forge not sending chunk packets to the client fast enough. But it is now fixed.
  • Fixed energy systems going haywire which was caused by TE liquiducts. This is due to us using a server wrapper called TickThreading which messes with some mods functionality.
  • Added a plugin called Forge Permittor created by one of my friends and is constantly fixing and improving it based on my input. This plugin will tell all protection plugins to protect all modded blocks. It even prevents turtles from griefing claims!

A lot more where this came from, stay up to date on our website at http://apocgaming.org and checkout the change log on the front page every now and then and look for changes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Massive Update!

• Over 40 plugins updated and changed.
  • Spawn room and shops changes.
  • Spawn player shop plots updated.
  • New chat/text format
  • New ranks and rank tags.
  • New death messages for pvp and pve
  • New towny world with the towny plugin
  • Player names above heads and in tablist show rank color
  • Player pings in tablist are now fixed
  • Login cooldown reduced down to 5 seconds from 30
  • And much more!

Some stuff is still being work on in our Tech & RPG server including mini game arenas, more admin shops (modded), and a new ranking system for players to rank up and earn supporter privileges for free.

Come check it out on our TRPG server or checkout the changes network wide listed above on any server on our network!

• 3 weeks later...

I've playing on this server for a few weeks now and have found it to be easily the most stable server i've played on for many years. Virtually ALL Technic/ Tekkit mods are combined into one pack which simply, works.

I had gravitated more towards FTB/ ATL in recent times but this pack has brought me back to Tekkit.

Large community and attentive staff, where there is ALWAYS someone available via their TeamSpeak to discuss any issues which may arise.

I've playing on this server for a few weeks now and have found it to be easily the most stable server i've played on for many years. Virtually ALL Technic/ Tekkit mods are combined into one pack which simply, works.

I had gravitated more towards FTB/ ATL in recent times but this pack has brought me back to Tekkit.

Large community and attentive staff, where there is ALWAYS someone available via their TeamSpeak to discuss any issues which may arise.

​Glad your enjoying the server :)

As you said if you got any issues feel free to contact us on teamspeak or our website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The modpack is beginning its beta testing into 1.7.10!

So far we have released 8 1.7.10 updates and we are still working on it.

Testers are needed! Please test the pack and report any issues small and large on this topic.

An official server is not yet setup however the modpack does come with its soon to be IP pre-installed which will log you into our hub.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Working on a new spawn, admin shop, player shop plots, player ranking system, and more.

We need staff to finish these and players willing to test things out!

Apply for staff on our website at: http://apocgaming.org

Thanks to everyone who volunteers!
We are also working on another update for TRPG which should be done by the end of this week. This should fix multiple client crashes due to MRTJP Core & Optifine & Forge Relocation (those 3 are cancer...). Probably be trimming out a few mods to reduce the modpack size. And we will be adding Ancient Warfare in as well.

TRPG Version 4.3.0:
One of the biggest updates yet, over half the pack has been updated to the most recent versions of all mods.

Updated... Well pretty much everything...
+ Added Magical Crops
+ Added Hexxit Gear by Kloud
+ Added Ancient Warfare

It does make you wonder when theres at least 6 people in this thread all posted on only APOC threads about the servers being great all within the same days, sorta fishy, and then when you read the part about him running 8 cores at 7.2GHz? That's impossible unless he disables cores and used liquid nitrogen to cool it. Ive wanted to like this APOC thing, I've seen it around for a while and have always meant to try it out, but it seems maybe I shouldn't, is it legit?

• 3 weeks later...

@PavilonDev this is what im talking about, you posted literally the same sentence in all 5 APOC server post within 3 minutes, are they legit reviews of the server or are you just an alt account/getting paid with rewards for posting that because there have been like 6 other people who have done the same exact thing

@PavilonDev this is what im talking about, you posted literally the same sentence in all 5 APOC server post within 3 minutes, are they legit reviews of the server or are you just an alt account/getting paid with rewards for posting that because there have been like 6 other people who have done the same exact thing

We cannot control where people post. We have a "reward" for reviewing our servers on here and many think they can get multiple rewards if they post on every server even the ones they do not play on. Which it says right on the review page that it does not work that way.

True, almost all members felt that this post have only 1 or 2 total posts

Farming Rank?

We do not "farm" accounts.

I was disappointed because it looked really cool and I wanted to play until I noticed that going on :(

Try playing our pack and server network before judging us on false accusations.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm currently working on getting my base started on this pack, and with all the mods i'm definitely going to have to make plenty of room lol. That's one of my favorite things about this modpack and server is the unique experience it give, along with the smoothly running server and helpful staff. ^^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...