Having trouble on the moon

Tdkeenan

So I made it to the moon and built a compound running on solar power. Great idea I thought until the sun went down and never came back up... I'm hosting my own server and running the lastest stable tekkit builds. Any ideas on how to either change the time (/time set 0 does nothing along with the utility to change it to dawn). Thank you.

Could it be that the moon day/night cycle is about 30 MC days, sort of like real life.

I recently got to the moon myself and it was daylight when I arrived. I did not even notice the hostile mobs there until I went underground, and later nightfall on the surface. I am powering oxygen collectors and bubble thing with redstone energy cell for now, but will not know if or how solar can charge that until I can figure out when it is daylight on the moon. It was dark when I visited it several times with a linking book. I am guessing that can be determined by the phase of the moon, but that may depend upon where you are on the surface. Certainly it would be daylight on the moon during full moon, since you can see earth from there.

I am also curious if meteorites are dynamic (more falling over time) because I found a meteorite in a crater with broken block entities lying around (like when there is a creeper explosion). I am the only person who has been on the moon on that server except someone who tp'd to me (without oxygen gear) while I was there the first time. I did find a moon village and what I think is a dungeon down a deep hole (looks like vanilla chest guarded by creeper and double bow skeleton), but it was night, so I just marked waypoints (using MapWriter included with opis instead of Rei's Minimap) and got out of there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By stonergirl
      Addicticraft Tekkit Server
      We are a Survival Tekkit Server but we have many other servers in Progress. On Top of having to survive the outside against the mobs, you are able to build with friends. We have plenty in store for the server and to make a place where players can have a challenge with mobs, craft Tekkit Items and go to the Moon.
      The owners Bruce and I have previously owned/ran minecraft servers in the past and know the ropes and experienced minecraft/tekkit server owners. We do our best to ensure our players can play somewhere where theres friendly players, helpful staff members, fun events and as well as pvp.    We have an effective protection system for blocks placed as well as your stuff.
      Come join us in the Tekkit server by using the technic launcher and using the bluerocket picture for Technic. IP: 192.99.222.59

Rules:
      1. Placing blocks to cover people is bannable.
      2. No spamming or advertising
      3. No hacking/ exploiting/ cheating of any kind
      4. If you find any exploits, tell a staff member
      5. No griefing.
      6. Dont ask for staff position.
      7. Respect both staff and the players on the server
      Some items are banned due to the issue they are used to dupe items or cause major destruction to a server. Dont have a complete list but there are some items listed on our enjin site. We are currently still going through all the items. Some are: Turtles, matter cannons, needleguns, SPAMR launcher, sacred rubber tree, plastic bag, florb, confiscate module, anti personal module, descinagration module, sponge module, block breaker, minecart tnt, plasma, trade booth, and drums.
      Disabled Mods:
      Balkons Weapons, Inv tweaks, redstone in motion and more.

Message me or join in the server at IP: 192.99.222.59
      We also are almost done with our MOB ARENA!!! We have been big before and are working our way back up!!
    • By TheEpicModPack
      Welcome to the official TerrorCraft thread!

Description:
      TerrorCraft is one of the longest running, widely played, and customization-ally advanced servers there is. The server has been around for nearly 3 years so far, and has seen over 11,000 players log in and try it out so far. The setting is a world filled with horrors and darkness, which you wake up in with no memory. By completing quests, gaining power, fighting bosses, and exploring huge cities and dungeons, you can slowly piece together the story of the strange world, and change yourself from being a victim to a hero.

Features:
      100% original soundtrack, with a different background track for every town, dungeon floor, and boss fight Completely custom world, designed to play like an RPG. There are over 100 game areas to explore on your journey Over 100 quests to complete, with bonuses for completing all of the content in each zone as you go along A story-rich world. There are over 1000 NPCs to talk to, each with their own special dialogue, shops, and quests Tons of epic weapons and armor. You will rarely go unrewarded for the battles you fight! Extremely dynamic environment. This is a horror RPG after all! Lighting and sound effects are used to create an immersive environment Highly customized plugins and mod configurations, to ensure a completely unique experience with minimal load on the server and your client Custom textures. The primary texture pack is not original, but many textures and skins have been developed for new content unique to the server Survival mode areas! You can still collect blocks, break stuff, and build stuff outside of story areas! You can even protect what you create, lock chests and doors, etc. No whitelist! Updates! New content from balancing fixes, bug fixes, quality of life updates, and whole expansions are always being developed and released! Earn custom titles as you complete game content to show off your achievements! 24/7 uptime! Server has auto restarts, and has been around long enough for all the bugs to be worked out. Seasonal events Much, much more! How to play:
      Just add our pack, found HERE
      Once you have installed the pack, just click on the multiplayer option and connect! The server is already included in the server list when you install the pack.
      Rules:
      Basically, just be nice to each other! The server is extremely self sufficient, as there is no way to grief other players, and PVP is turned off. The only rule you can break is to be offensive etc. in chat, which will get you a warning and potentially a permanent mute. Players caught exploiting bugs without reporting them will be permanently banned (don;t even try, it is very easy for me to see when someone manages to do this).
      Screenshots:

Videos:
      http://www.youtube.com/embed/K2FfDIDoKm4

http://www.tinyurl.com/terrorsite

If you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback, feel free to post here and I will answer you personally! I hope to see you online soon!
    • By SeanBod
      Ok well hello to whoever comes along to help,
      My name is SeanBod and I'm just an average college student and streamer. I am brand new to the scene of modpack making and I'm coming a cross with some problems...of course that's why I decided to make this post to see if someone could guide me in the right direction. So I don't know much more than what I have researched and online or have watched on youtube. Here is the set up of the mod folder which everyone says to set up (https://gyazo.com/a4a748524411b4be6fe3aab09a1cc85c) it has the bin folder with my selected 1.7.10 forge universal file renamed as modpack. The mods folder has all the mods that I got downloaded from (http://mod-minecraft.net/) this website. Most files are in executable jar files and some are in winrar zip archive files as seen in this picture (https://gyazo.com/80d606298662a0b95fdbcf1bc156bab6). My first thought is I can't have winrar zip archive files in there or it would be messed up, but maybe you can answer that. Then my next thing is no one ever does more then not enough items in there actual videos.
      So do I need to add each mod one at a time and get the config files or is the config files supposed to be empty until that person launches the modpack?
      Also I am using media fire as my direct download because dropbox doesn't have a free share file, and copy is going down in May. I have also changed the url a couple of times to quote on quote fix it so it is a direct link for download.
      And then the other question is after I zip the entire modpack am I just uploading the zipped file?
      Because that is what I have done, I uploaded the entire zip file which included zipping the bin, config, and modpack all at once. Or am I just missing something?
      Also something to keep in mind this is just some of the mods that I'm looking to put into my pack, this is just the first 43. Also that there are some 1.7.2 mods in there but some people have said that they would or could work fine with the 1.7.10 modpack that I'm making. And I also have attached this picture of all details on mods (https://gyazo.com/d13c4e58f30d29605caeda68a3542c39) for those who would like to take a look at it if it does help with seeing file types and size. Thank you for your time for reading this and taking your time to answer if you do have any tips or solutions for me.
    • By cooliosauce
      My friend and I have been working on a modpack in the regular Minecraft launcher and everything was working just fine. So we compiled it into the Technic modpack format and posted it to the Technic Platform to download it. We installed it and pressed play, but nothing happened... The launcher would disappear like the game is launching, but then it would pop back up immediately and no trace of Minecraft could be found in my processes. Please help me, I'm so confused because it worked fine on the vanilla launcher.
      Technic Link: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/darke-magyk.775028#
      Technic Install Link: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/darke-magyk
      Raw Files: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7pwd8jha77zl0kj/darke-magyk-1.0.zip?dl=1
      Thanks in advance.
    • By Dperilli21
      I'm just looking to see if anyone has found a fix for waypoints not saving on the moon, obviously I could manually write down the waypoints. But that is too easy.