Sign in to follow this  
SpellKaster4

Work around to get Mo Creatures

So I'm using Tekkit 1.2.9 and I was really missing the Mo Creatures mod. I did some research and found how to get it to run within Tekkit but I found a few compatibility issues. The video I watched said that mysticraft caused issues so you had to delete it and change some values in the Mo Creatures settings. Here's that video by the way:  http://youtu.be/DVyrW9Xqo1M

After I did that I was able to get Mo Creatures working but I ran into another, kinda weird, issue. I killed a wolf and instead of getting fur from it I got an upgrade manager from logistic pipes. Turns out that those two mods use the same item IDs so the game was getting them mixed up. I don't really have much interest in logistic pipes right now so I just deleted it. After doing that it seems that Mo Creatures is running just fine with the rest of Tekkit.

I just wanted to share that in case anyone else wanted to get Mo Creatures in their game. Also, has anyone found a better way of getting Tekkit and Mo Creatures to get along? I'm sure my fix is sub par.

What you experienced is an item ID conflict. The solution isn't to delete mods. In your modpack folder under .technicmodpacks you will find a file named ForgeModLoader-client-0.log. Search inside this file for the word CONFLICT and it will show you exactly which mods have item ID conflicts. You just need to change the item IDs (in the Mo' Creatures config file) to an unused number. You can get a complete list of used and unused IDs by opening your inventory in game, clicking the "Options" button in the bottom left of your screen, click "Tools", set the block/item ID option to All and dump the IDs. You will get a CSV file in your .technicmodpacks<your modpack>dumps folder which will have a full list of IDs used by your client. Keep in mind that most mods have their item IDs up-shifted by 256 from what is listed in the config files when looking at the contents of the CSV file.

Very cool, thanks for the info. I knew I was just missing something simple. I added Millénaire tonight and ran into a similar problem but I was able to figure that out.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Mysticdz
      so this is my 1st modpack, a list of the mods in it are https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/europa-odyssey.1185384
      Aether II Applied Energistics Baubles Better Storage Big Reactors Buildcraft Ender IO Mo' Creatures Extra Planets Fossil & Archeology Galacticraft Industrial Craft Iron Chests Legend Gear MCA Natura Tinkers' Construct Camping Mod Weeping Angels Witchery  
      there is also a server that has just been opened  EuropaOdyssey.mcserver.ws

I tried to include something for everyone so I hope you enjoy!

If anyone has any advice or tips please let me know =)
    • By Minibeast10
      So, I've been using Technic since around I believe middlish of 2013. And I've been looking and looking and decided, tonights final. I'm signing up and asking for help. I should've done this years ago. But I've been so willing to try myself to find the modpack I want but nope, isn't going to happen.
      So, like Yogbox. It has the old Mo Creatures, I believe 3.3.0? Well, I've been trying to find a seperate creation of that which actually works... All the others say they either failed installing or the game is just normal vanilla minecraft. In other words, clickbait. The reason is I just adore the old horses and how you have to wait for them to breed.
      Also the Pokemon mod, also more known as Pixelmon. However, back before I used to play a mod like it that did have the gyms and the health centres and towns along with the mod itself. Is that a different type of Pokemon mod?
      I'm also looking for a working Minecraft comes Alive as thats an old favourite of mine from a couple of years back. (I've been playing since 2009)

Many thanks!
      Oops! Sorry, I'm not on the right topic. I am new to the forums only... >.< I apologise a lot... I just realised this is for Tekkit not Technic Launcher.
    • By jerkyjosh
      Mod Pack Link: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/devotedcraft.716873
      Server ip: devotedgaming.net

Thermal Expansion Tinker's Construct Immersive Engineering Decocraft and Little Tiles Pam's HarvestCraft Train and Railcraft! Galactic Craft! And many more amazing mods!
      Expected uptime of 99% 7 days a week!
      The server is professionally hosted by OVH.

On DevotedCraft we strive to make a well balanced game-play experience! We try to keep things simple but innovative. We only add things to our pack/server that fit in to the minecraft theme! We are a mature server/community who only wish to have adventures together! So join us today! p.s This server will be around for a very long time so feel free to make this server your home! Your time and work will be well spent here as it will always be up and ready to play!

Absolutley not! 100+ hours have gone into the making and optimization of the server! The creator of this server/modpack has been playing and running servers for more than 7 years! I personally promise you that if you give this server a try, you will find yourself enjoying minecraft again like you never have before! There is so much to do and every type of player will find endless hours of fun! Unlike most servers that try to force you to play a certain way, we encourage you to get out there and create your own adventure!

• By Sass_Master720
      Hey guys! So my modpack contains various mods including Mr Crayfish's furniture mod, carpenters blocks, forestry, mo creatures, custom NPCs and more! An official server is currently being worked on. The pack is mainly PvE but back be PvP as there's many weapons and such.
      You can install it HERE!
    • By Hoodeeney
      This is the server for A wanderers Tale so that you don't have to adventure alone, there are many other lost wanderers out there searching for there destiny
      You can get the modpack here: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/a-wanderers-tale.622581
      The ip is: 109.169.58.120:25565
      This pack also has a few plugins including: Grief prevention, clearlag, buycraft, essentials(Economy).
      We are looking for mature/friendly players, No griefing allowed and No PVP, it is a 24/7 server and help will be available when needed, Also a possibility of future staff applications.
      Hope to cross paths on your journey