Sign in to follow this  
mini_fitzy

Quarries and a list of everything they will pick up

So I am making a sorting room/storage room made from obsidian chests and dsu's, i need a list of everything a quarry will pick up so i can get all the stuff and sort it so i can start my quarry, thanks!

I think it's everything. Lava and oil (sludge?)make them stop, otherwise they'll just plow along.

I use an AE system and just shove it all in. Not an early game solution, but it's awesome.

Edited by AetherPirate

I think it's everything. Lava and oil (sludge?)make them stop, otherwise they'll just plow along.

I use an AE system and just shove it all in. Not an early game solution, but it's awesome.

i meant what ores and regular blocks, just a list of all of the regular stuff, ill just make the extra stuff go to a chest, right now im just worried about things like, tin ore, copper ore, dirt, cobblestone, sand, etc

Are you using item ducts or transport pipes, tesseracts, or something else?

Might be easier to filter the bad out.

Edited by AetherPirate

A Buildcraft Quarry will break any placeable block in its path, even machines. As for sorting, I recommend using a buffer chest at the Quarry and whitelist-pumping out the stuff that arrives, as it arrives. You will eventually get everything listed in your sorting queue, although it may take a while for rare stuff to show up first.

My early game quarry had a buffer chest going to a diamond sorting pipe. Crap went to a nullifier, and the rest to the base. Much easier to list what is bad than to list the good.

Later when I had item ducts, I used servos to whitelist / blacklist.

Endgame, when I run a quarry, I use a tesseract and dump it all into the AE system.

Edited by AetherPirate

nah, I just stored everything in dsu's connected to my AE network using storagebuses...

you can use e.g. cobblestone to create singularities if you don't need it (or compress it)

but to the OP question:

the quarry just picks up everything!

So hard to make a list, but you can look into the wiki for blocks...

quarrys break blocks, so diamond ore will get diamonds and redstone ore will get redstone directly...

the most common blocks/items are:

cobblestone,

sand,

dirt,

marble,

gravel,

flint,

obsidian (if you flood your quarrys)

these should definately go into a dsu

then all ores that you can find in the overworld ;)

simplest solution for these:

put them into AE Storage and create DSU's for them when you have set up a processing chain for them ;) (pulverizer, redstone furnace)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By EpicrafterHD
      hello,
      EpicrafterHD here
      I have some problems with my tekkit server...
      I have been looking on google for days...
      Problem 1:
      When i add any plugin(does not matter wihich plugin) my quarry stop working...
      Problem 2
      my console is spamming slotchanging...
      even if I have not added a plugin.
      (Some of the console log)
      01.03 18:42:24 [Server] INFO slotChanging(21)
      01.03 18:42:20 [Server] INFO slotChanging(19)
      01.03 18:42:19 [Server] INFO slotChanging(0)
      01.03 18:42:19 [Server] INFO slotChanging(22)
      01.03 18:42:18 [Server] INFO slotChanging(21)
      01.03 18:42:17 [Server] INFO slotChanging(20)
      01.03 18:42:15 [Server] INFO slotChanging(0)
      01.03 18:42:14 [Server] INFO slotChanging(0)
      01.03 18:42:13 [Server] INFO slotChanging(0)
      01.03 18:42:12 [Server] INFO slotChanging(0)
      01.03 18:42:11 [Server] INFO slotChanging(30)
      01.03 18:40:01 [Server] INFO slotChanging(28)
      I hope some one can help my!
      You can give a feedback on this form or you can add my on skype: EpicrafterHD HD

Thanks!
    • By LordFlowerpot
      Upon opening my technic launcher a couple of minutes ago, i noticed Tekkit Classic had deleted itself?! So I redownloaded it, my worlds still seemed to exist. But when I opened one I noticed half of my house ( which is built inside a hill) was dirt and stone again. So half of my house glitched away. Can anyone help me out please? 
    • By ajent1202
      I have no idea what I am doing wrong here. In the first image, I am inside my base/factory/building; whatever you want to call it. EU should be flowing from a full MFE into the Big Flux Generator, and from the Big Flux Generator into the Wooden Kinesis Pipe and finally into the Power Teleport Pipe. The Power Teleport Pipe is linked to the quarry shown in the second picture, which also has an Item Transport Pipe (the Item Transport Pipes are not yet linked). I previously tried to use Power Converters, but my High Voltage EU Consumer exploded as soon as I plugged it into the system. EDIT: I have also tried not using a Wooden Kinesis Pipe whatsoever.
      Please help me!
      P.S. Sorry about the image quality, I had to keep scaling each of them down until I was allowed to upload them both.

SOLVED: I was using a Big Flux Generator, and not a Big Electric Flux Generator. Silly mistake, sorry everyone.
    • By amar97
      Hi guys,
      does anyone know if chisel is compatible with the current version of tekkit? I know its included in other packs but it would be nice to pop it into my tekkit world so I could have more decorative blocks and such. If so, what version is compatible?
    • By RockyHaugen
      Hello,
      So, I haven't played tekkit in a while(A few years), and last I played I did not have this issue.
      When trying to power my quarry, using three Stirling Engines, I get one engine holding a steady green with 10 RF/t output, but the two others quickly turn read and break down, while only outputting 3RF/t.
      The quarry also mines increadibly slow, I do not know whether this is because of the engines ouput or because I placed it in a body of water.
      Is there a cap on how much the quarry can take at once, or is my setup wrong?
      All response is greatly appreciated.