Sign in to follow this  
Silmenume

Am I an idiot or are the ME Fluid Level Emitters not working right?

Here we see the amount of Destabilized Redstone I have in store in the ME Network.

L6HdIaV.png

If I am reading this correct I have 32,000 mb of Destabilized Redstone.

Here are the settings in the Extra Cells Fluid Level Emitter GUI

c7WZA0D.png

The trigger amount is, if I understand this correctly, is 20,000 mb.  The monitored fluid is Destabilized Redstone.  The action is set so that a Redstone Signal is emitted when the ME storage system show LESS than 20,000 mb.  As shown in the first pic I have 32,000+ mb in storage.  By rights I should not be getting a Redstone signal becaue I am above the cut off value, yes?

But in this last pic we see that the emitter is giving off a Redstone signal.  I know this to be true because the export bus responds as if it receiving a Redstone signal.

iKXfJML.png

Am I misunderstanding something?  It would be good if I was because that would be easily corrected when someone here tells me where I am wrong!

HALP!!

Best,

Jay

Edit - oops!  I realized I made a mistake with the title line - I know its the Extra Cells mod!

Edited by Silmenume

I'm still learning about them myself. It looks like your emitter is not connected to anything. Doesn't it have to connect to other ME cable and also point at a fluid bus?

Edited by AetherPirate

As AetherPirate said you need to have the emitter connected to an ME network that contains the fluid/item (standard emitter works the same way) you want to monitor. If it's not hooked to a network then it will just keep the signal active, which shouldn't hurt anything unless you're using the emitter to turn on a machine. I typically use them to switch export buses on/off but that's me. It doesn't have to be pointed at anything in order to function though, it just won't be sending a redstone signal to anything if it's not :)

Edited by Digdug83

OK.  I am an idiot!

In ANY other direction the Fluid Level Emitter was attached to the Export Bus below.  But in the one direction I needed it, pointing down, it was not connected as you both pointed out.  I just assumed (and the bad joke applies) that since the FLE was connected in all 8 (as pointed out by HeatHunter below this value should be all 5) other directions it must be "considered connected" in the 9th (same mistake here - the correct phrase is "the 6th") (pointing down) direction.

Thanks for the heads up!

I got another problem that I'll be asking for help on in another thread!

Best,

Jay

edit - because as it turns out I am truly an idiot!  Corrections to the numerical values.

Edited by Silmenume

OK.  I am an idiot!

In ANY other direction the Fluid Level Emitter was attached to the Export Bus below.  But in the one direction I needed it, pointing down, it was not connected as you both pointed out.  I just assumed (and the bad joke applies) that since the FLE was connected in all 8 other directions it must be "considered connected" in the 9th (pointing down) direction.

Thanks for the heads up!

I got another problem that I'll be asking for help on in another thread!

Best,

Jay

now you have to explain what directions you mean, as far as I know there are only 6 possible directions on a cube (of which minecraft consists)

Edit:

what you see in the fluid Terminal are rounded values (not sure if theres a tooltip on the fluid that tells you the exact value) on the cell itself, theres an exact value (works if you have formatted for one fluid per cell)

For the calculation, you're right (1B = 1000mB)

Edited by HeatHunter

now you have to explain what directions you mean, as far as I know there are only 6 possible directions on a cube (of which minecraft consists)

You are correct sir.  There ARE only 6 possible directions, but as you will note above there are truly only 6 possible directions.  When one is tired and make mental calculations like - we start off with 3 dimensions and there are 2 directions per dimension and then in one's exhaustion do the calculation as 3^2 = 9 instead of the right way 3*2 = 6 we end up looking more like an idiot on a public forum!

I'll make the corrections in my post so as to not confuse others.

Thanks!

Best,

Jay

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Alistair Heath
      Welcome to Eclecticraft, the server with an eclectic assortment of handpicked mods and quaint architecture but currently in need of inhabitants of this boundless wilderness.
      Semi-roleplaying, we don't take ourselves too seriously but we like to have some semblance of realism. The Land is a vast untouched wilderness dotted with large medieval settlements themed after Norse/Viking, Far eastern and Central European Architecture. Skirmishes between groups occasionally occur as set piece battles that break up the normally peaceful realm. Ideal for players looking for a friendly community to explore the wonders of survival in this modded world.
      Biomes'o'plenty ensures that exploring this world will always be varied and the collection of utility and technical mods ensures for sustainability of resources once you find a place to settle down. Use FTB-utilities to stake your claim on land to prevent griefing, then plant expansive plains of magical crops or begin lazer drilling into bedrock to secure a steady supply of resources. Utilise Ancient warfare to populate your kingdoms then exploit the secrets of thaumcraft to further your domination of the land or proceed down mekanism's techtree to create evermore powerful machines.
      The servers current community, though small, organise special events that all are welcome to including battles, group buildings at Christmas, Halloween etc and competitions. Trading systems are in place to allow autonomous offline trading of resources and the bank at the spawn means that player levels can be exchanged for currencies of increasing denominations.
      So Join Now! we've got a facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1785817171650172/
      Server IP is: alistairheath.ddns.net
      On from about 09:00 till 22:00 depending on how many people are going on regularly
      Main mods are: applied energistics 2, ancient warfare 2, big reactors, biomesofplenty, buildcraft, chicken chunks, chisel 2, minefactory reloaded, extrautilities, FTB utilities, journeymap, magical crops, mekanism, galacticraft, nether ores, thaumcraft, thermal expansion, tradebooth, veinminer and treecapitator 

• By iDarper
      Greetings fellow Minecrafters,
       We at Wirenut, are looking for fun friendly and enthusiastic beta testers for our modpack! Wirenut is a fun all around modpack, that has a great balance of both tech and magic mods. We would love to invite some new players to our private whitelisted server, to help test the limits of the pack, and also test the limits of our VPS. If you are interested in joining us, Please reply to this thread, answering the following questions.

1. What is your In Game Name?
      2. What is your age?
      3. What country are you from? (We have a nice balance of players from all over the world)
      4. What abilities and qualities can you bring to the Wirenut community?
      5. Can we expect you to have a good time, and not be disruptive to others on the server? (we like to have fun, but in a mature way)
      6. How often do you play minecraft during the week?
      7. Do you have any building skills we should be aware of? For the public release, we will need help with building a nice spawn area, and such)
      9. How long have you been playing Modded Minecraft?
      10. Any other fun or interesting things you'd like to share about yourself?
      and lastly, 11. Have you ever been banned from a server for stealing or griefing?

We are excited to hear from all those interested in testing this pack for us!
      If selected, you will be notified via private message, and the server info will be given out at that time.

Thanks for you interest, and we look foreward to hearing from you!

bcbuckles (owner)
      Siriuo (co-owner)
      and iDarper (head Admin)

• By Onetimetwotimes
      The Summist pack includes over 80 mods. Some mods have redundant uses, so you can choose which mods you would rather use for whatever purpose. The pack offers a mix of adventure and technology. 
      Here is a short list of a few of the included mods.
      -Applied Energistics 2
      -Tinker's Construct
      -Thaumcraft
      -Thermal Expansion
      -Minecraft Comes Alive
      -Extra Utilities
      -More!

Get the modpack at: http://technicpack.net/modpack/erivunt-tek.595760

Screenshots:

• By Minecrafter805
      How do i make it so the encoded patterns i make in an ME Pattern Encoder get automatically transferred to the Molecular Assembler Chamber(MAC) ? The way my base is setup is, i have my ME drive, terminal, controller and monitors on one floor, then another floor for some machines then a huge area below that with my huge reactor and MAC and instead of having to go back and fourth putting the encoded patterns in, is there a way to use pipes or export buses or something? Someone said i could use an ME Fuzzy export bus but for the life of me, i could not figure out how to do it and i thought i had it hooked up right but i didn't obviously..So if someone could tell me how to do it and what to connect what to and all, it'd be greatly appreciated.
    • By S0u13at3r
      Hey, 

is there a way of combining those two mods? Would really like to hide a bit of my cables in small rooms, but microblocks has other plans ^^ Is there some kind of trick or patch? 
      Didn´t find any info on the internet, the only thing you find out is a battle between some guys who thinks microblocks are working with every mod and the opposide side of cause.