planetWayne

Creating a flashing billboard with the Programmable Rednet Controller

Hi All,

Thought I would share a quick video on how I used the Programmable Rednet Controller to create a flashing Billboard Sign with 'walking ant' lights around the outside.

Thanks

Edited by planetWayne

I prefer the precision sledgehammer since it is meant for MFR RedNet, and it wont turn a lot of blocks that get turned by the crescent hammer.

Also, watched the video in 1.5 time, since it felt dragging on for the building portion, though i stopped to jot down the slot information once the PRC came around, in the event someone came here just for the PRC logic (like i did, just to see how it was done compared to the way i would have done it)

Slot 1: Wave (Sqr), Pd=CNST 5, Q=VAR 0
Slot 2: Counter, INC=VAR 0, DEC=CNST 0, PRE=CNST 4, R=CNST 0, Q=VAR 2, V=VAR 1
Slot 3: DeMux 16 (Analog), I=I/O L WHITE, S=VAR 1, Q0=I/O U WHITE, Q1=I/O U ORANGE, Q2=I/O U MAGENTA, Q3=I/O U L.BLUE
Slot 4: T-FlipFlop, T=CNST 1, CLK=VAR 2, Q=VAR 3
Slot 5: And (2), I0=I/O L YELLOW, I1=VAR 3, O=I/O U YELLOW
Slot 6: Rnd (Digital), O=VAR 4
Slot 7: And (2), I0=VAR 4, I1=I/O L YELLOW, O=I/O U LIME

Few things that werent mentioned in the video: Slot 3 limits the number of "Walking Ant" lights to 16, due to the DeMux being a 16 output, and would take additional work to get more than 16. And the name of the card to expand the PRC wasn't mentioned.

Edited by Kalbintion

Thanks all for the replies.

Still learning the ropes but hopefully going in the right direction.

Kalbintion - thanks for the critique - noted. There was another version I was going to use that made use one of the passthroughs to get the same effect but by the time I added on separate controls to turn off each of the illuminations - took up more slots. And yes - this is limited to the 16 channels. Was trying to keep this within the 6 slots on the basic PRC although by adding in the 'faulty lamps' does take it over the limit. Wanted to do something that didn't take up shed loads of slots this time round (25 so far is my record for the shooting range controller)

Edited by planetWayne

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By planetWayne
      Hi All,

Thought I would share another way of using the Programmable Rednet Controller in MineFactory Reloaded, this time to create a starting line with 'Ready Set Go' lights as well as False Start detection.

Thanks

• By planetWayne
      Hi All,

Thought I would share this video on how to create a combination lock with the programable rednet controller.

• By planetWayne
      Hi Everyone,

I just thought I would share a couple of videos on building a working target range I created based on the Programmable Rednet Controller and the Openblocks Target.

These were inspired from the Pungence / Keralis shooting range build off in their Attack of the B-Teams channels.

The first two videos go through the process on how to create a single shooting range. They are constructed to let you create each lane side by side so to let you build a row of ranges for friendly competition.

Hope you like the idea!

Thanks
      Wayne.

Working Target Range - Part 1 - Building Lane Basics

Working Target Range - Part 2 - Program Logic

• By Silmenume
      So were playing 1.2.7b on a world created in 1.2.6.

For fun we thought we would set up some flashing red lights around the NASA Work Bench for some flavor using some of the new lighting options contained in ProjectRed: Illumination.  The quick choice was to use a Programmable Red-net Controller.  What a nightmare!  Two players on the server spent time over 2 days to figure out the problem.

Currently the I/O indicators in the GUI do NOT show which side they are set to.  The button just shows "I/O", but as the player eventually figured out sides do matter - they just aren't indicated on the GUI.  He's what he discovered -

The I/O "direction" starts off facing "N" by default - even if the PRC's open side if facing north. (Nothing can be connected to the PRC on its open side that we were able to determine.) The I/O "direction" can be changed by left clicking on the "I/O" button.  This applies whether the button is on the input or output side. The sequence of directions is DUNSWE. There is no direct way to determine which direction the I/O is set to.  So if you walk away and come back some time later and can't remember what direction the I/O is set to - you're out of luck.  Testing seems the only way to know - which under allot of circumstance might be anywhere from extremely difficult to impossible.

Does anyone else have any notes to share on this topic?
    • By NyxMulder
      Hi,

I have been trying to set up an air lock using rednet and pistons instead of Galacticraft air lock because I simply don't like the idea of a door just appearing in an empty space.

The idea is that it would consist of 2 doors and 3 buttons as shown below:
      (Button) - <Door1> - (Button) - <Door2> - (Button).
      When a button is pressed one door with close instantly and another will open after a short delay, about 2 seconds should be enough to seal the room.

I have played around for quiet a bit with PRC and managed to figure out a way that should theoretically work, but doesn't.

Here is what I did:
      Variable 0 - Output: T-FlipFlop Door1
      Variable 1 - Output: T-FlipFlop Door2(Inverted)

Button (AND) Door2 - Output: Variable 0
      Button (AND) Door2 - Output: Variable 2
      Variable 2 - Output: Delay (40), Variable 1

Button (AND) Door1 - Output: Variable 1
      Button (AND) Door1 - Output: Variable 3
      Variable 3 - Output: Delay (40), Variable 0

I think it gets stuck in some sort of loop, can't figure out why.

Really need help with this one.

Thanks in advance.