• Moderators

I believe this user needs to wake up and find facts before posting this kind of thread. EE2 is gone, the former mod author, xenophobe, stopped developing it.

Pahimar is in charge of the mod and is developing EE3

any complaints you may have on his decisions should be brought to Pahimar, not us

It probably has not been iterated enough yet.

Equivalent Exchange 2 has been a mod for Minecraft 1.2.5 and cannot be used on anything more recent. Tekkit needed to drop it in order to migrate to newer Minecraft versions. Tekkit devs have been nice enough to create Tekkit Classic, which is somewhat frozen in amber and retains EE2 (among other things) to this day. Of course, it is a dead end.

Xenophobe stopped all Equivalent Exchange development and chose to not open-source his code, which makes it impossible to adapt and upgrade it. This is his prerogative as the author and owner of the code. He wanted it to die, so it died.

He did allow Pahimar to start from scratch and use the name to make a new, open-sourced mod. This has become EE3, and it is still largely a work in progress. But Pahimar, being a clever fellow, took the criticism about old EE2 to heart and decided not to recreate everything as it was. Rather, he shrunk the concept back to size and made it a cute little alchemy mod that is mostly about matter conversion, not generation.

The very things people are wishing back, namely Condensers and the other overpowered stuff, were huge server breakers and griefer tools. Many servers had to clamp down heavily on EE2 back in the day, and some disabled it entirely. It was just too powerful and broke the game in several ways. EE3, on the other hand, is much more of a teamplayer as mods go. It will not create the gameplay "black hole" that turned all progress into how far you were along the Condenser chain. It will not give players the tools to destroy in seconds what others built in days.

EE3 is of course incomplete and I do miss some of the low-key features of old EE. But Pahimar promised to finish it, and it is also open-sourced (or will be?), to enable others to take over this time. So, good things will come to those who wait. Don't bother poor Pahimar about it, just allow him to finish his work. In the meantime, you may want to explore a few of the other 100+ mods in current Tekkit. Have fun doing that.

Edited by Curunir
  • Forum Administrators

If you're able to use a custom pack (perhaps based on Tekkit), you might enjoy adding AetherCraft. It feels a lot like EE2, and is still actively maintained and expanded.

Same thing can be achieved with Blood Magic + Jaded's Blood but needs Life Essence and some configs.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Himbithious
      I remember when Tekkit Lite first came out, and everyone was sketchy about it because it had no EE2, but it had EE3, which was basically nothing. I remember being told that they were planning to fix it and bring it out on the next version of Tekkit (> . <). Although when Tekkit (Space) came out, most of the gaming community that I knew were extremely disappointed, not only because they didn't include a fix for EE2 to be in the next upgrade after TL like they promised, but they removed IC2 as well. 

So my question to you is, after the developers saying one thing but doing another, as well as removing mods like EE2 and IC2 Which were in it from day one, Do you think Tekkit as a whole is in decline and ready to be buried?
    • By MaRk124
      Welcome to TekkPack! Here you will experience almost all the stuff from Tekkit Classic

Some mods might be different, but they are just to improve your gameplay.

This pack was made in order to update Tekkit Classic as seen above.

- So basicly the reason of doing this is because we all liked the old times playing Tekkit, but we simply feel that we need an upgrade...

- Best mods should be Industrial Craft 2 and Project-E, there is a bunch of new updates which should be cool to experience

- Power Red is being outdated and never updated from 1.4.6 version of minecraft, so there is a new mod called "Project: Red" which has almost every single thing that Power Red had

- Equivalent Exchange 2 so we all know this mod is never been updated from 1.2.6 what is slightly sad. So after that happened someone said okay, i know the basics of code, this should be easy and coded a mod called Project E which has literally everything that EE2 had

Many thanks to Sleazy Networks for hosting our official TekkPack server! Wouldn't make it without you
      Link: http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/tekkpack-1710.589766
    • By Zilacon
      SERVER IP -> MC.APOCGAMING.ORG:2096 <-

Server Information:
      Access: Public, There is no whitelist on this server. Server Host Type: Dedicated Server Hosting Overworld Size: 300,000 blocks N/S/E/W (1,200,000 blocks from spawn center in total in all directions) Modded World Size: No limit. Banned Mods: Dimensional Doors, Railcraft (Prevents server from starting) Banned Items: EE2 Items that destroy blocks or bypass claims. The majority of EE2 is unbanned. Server Difficulty: Normal Server IP: mc.apocgaming.org:2096 Server Rules:
      Do not harass, mistreat, threaten, make racial remarks or slurs, insult religion, etc to any player or staff. Do not hack, exploit, xray, duplicate, etc in any way. Do not advertise! If you want to share a server to a friend share it via skype or some other form of external communication. Do not impersonate staff or any community staff member such as Planet Minecraft, Enjin, Technic, etc. Do not raid/grief unless your factions are at war and the land is claimed by the warring factions. Be friendly to all players, we want everyone to enjoy their time and have fun. Thats it! Follow these rules and there shouldnt ever be a problem.  
      Get a free starter kit:
      Login to our server. Go to our enjin website here: http://apocgaming.org Join the website Click on Server Shop Select the server you are playing on Scroll down to the bottom where it says FREE STARTER KITS and claim your kit. The free starter kit comes with: 32 Spruce/Birch/Oak/Jungle logs, 1 Bed, Full Chainmail, All iron tools & weapons, Bow, 64 Arrows. We have a teamspeak server for the public to use, it uses virtually no internet bandwidth unlike skype and helps stop internet lag when gaming.
      Connect to our teamspeak server at ts.apocgaming.org

Dont forget to checkout our other servers, websites, forums, etc below!
      Enjin Website: http://apocgaming.org Teamspeak Server: ts.apocgaming.org APOC Modpack: http://tinyurl.com/AGNModpack If you find a problem however please report it to us immediately, we fix server & plugin problems on a daily basis.
    • By ImaTimelord7
      So, Tekkit Classic, one of the most buggy but still popular modpacks out there, almost everyone knows that this pack will never be updated again, due to some of the major mods like RP2 being discontinued and EE2 completely redone. Which is fine, I don't have a problem with Pahimar restarting EE, its probably the best thing for it. But Tekkit Classic just worked as a modpack, if you excuse all the bugs and banned items.

As you can see from the title, I want Tekkit Classic to be updated, yes, right to 1.8 However, rather than it being 'updated' or even remaining as a modpack, I see it working incredibly well to turn this into a minecraft 1.8 plugin.
      I personally have some exams coming up soon with school, so I will be getting busier within the next 2 months, however whats good about this is that once they are done I can focus more on bringing back Classic Tekkit for minecraft 1.8.

So, between me and some of my friends, we can host the server 24/7 fine, and sort out more or less everything that side, but we are missing at least a few staff but mainly the cost involved of hiring a professional developer to make this plugin.

We have no idea what its going to cost to get a developer to do this, but I have asked for some quotes so will find out soon and set a target! The developer will be the main cost, and after that should only be the monthly cost for a server host. Although I am going to use a dedicated computer until we have lag problems and/or we have the money for speedy internet hosts!

So let me know below if you can help out in any way (although it might be better to Skype me, we need some good builders, probably some staff, money, and any ideas you guys might have regarding changing features of items and adding new ones.

Feel free to add me on Skype, my Skype is ImaTimelord7, the one with the ImaTimelord7 Logo, I am on Skype almost everyday and my timezone is GMT+12.

I think that's everything! I cannot wait!