Dynmap for Singleplayer Game?

DicheBach

I suppose I could weigh in since this is my modpack (and server). :)

Diche: Here is a download link for the Current (1.0.5) JCLite packaged as a server with you configured to be OP and permissions group "Owner", as well as DynMap configured to work the way it does on my server.

https://copy.com/p177RU8RWpqC?download=1

Simply extract it and run the startserver.bat file and you should be good to go.

Thanks Plow. That is very kind of you :)

I created a new directory in my jclite directory: C:Technicmodpacksjcliteserver

put the zip file there and extracted it there then ran the startserver.bat file as administrator. Saw a command window flash momentarily, and it seems to have created those additional folders that Kal had mentioned are created after the first launch of the server (plugins, etc.)

As far as the error: what I gather from what you are saying Plow is that I did everything right previously, EXCEPT I didn't need to install Cauldron and replace the jclite.jar file with the server version.

Not to revisit the issues of configuring Dynmap, getting my old save game to work, etc. :)

Now that I have a functioning server (thanks a ton for doing that Plow!) this doesn't seem so daunting

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1286593-dynmap-dynamic-web-based-maps-for-minecraft

Installation For Minecraft Server with Minecraft Forge, including MCPC-Plus/Cauldron:

Download the latest recommended version which comes packaged as a JAR file. Copy the JAR file to the minecraft_server/mods directory. If an older Dynmap-*.jar or Dynmap-*.zip file is present in the mods/ directory, delete it (you do NOT need to delete older dynmap/ directories or their content). [i'll assume thepreceding is already done for me, thanks plow!] Start the server, and allow the plugin to initialize. Open browser, go to http://localhost:8123/ or http://ip-address-of-server:8123/. Check the minecraft_server/dynmap/ directory for the configuration files and one of the links below on how to further customize your settings.

Edited by DicheBach

Should I know follow the steps outlined in points 2.2 through 2.4 here: Tutorials/Setting up a server

Oh crap, I might as well just admit it

3-54_.jpg

I put that zip folder in the

C:Technicmodpacksjcliteserver

and extracted it (as I described in the previous post). I rclicked and ran as administrator the: C:Technicmodpacksjcliteserverstartserver.bat (actually a couple of times now).

I created

C:TechnicmodpacksjcliteserverJCLitesaves

Copied my "Karma Noredus" world folder from:

C:Technicmodpacksjclitesaves and pasted a copy of it to the new directory above.

The server seems to launch (I think) and I can also launch the game via my Technic launcher and everything is running fine. But opening the old save _via_ the server, or else launching the technic pack via the server is not immediately obvious to me, nor is how I get the world's map linked to a dynmap web page.

I'm trying to make sense of the "configuration" directions for dynmap (not seeing how to find out what the url for my world(s)will be) as well as the minecraft.wiki directions for configuring a server and I'm probably making it way more complicated than it actually is.

But basically, yeah I have no idea what I'm doing.

Sorry this is turning out to be a major PITA for you guys; I can see now why my queries about doing this were basically ignored in the Dynmap thread on the Minecraft forums. It is not a process for a noob like me.

Edited by DicheBach

• Discord Moderator

The server ZIP I provided is self contained and complete. However, I did forget to change a Dynmap setting which will prevent it from rendering properly. I will address that shortly.

Using my 1.0.5 server ZIP:

• Extract ZIP to new folder we'll refer to as SERVER.
  • Download this file and extract it (overwrite any existing files) into SERVERdynmap : https://copy.com/FIcXK3V1WRYj?download=1
  • Run "startserver.bat"

That's it. You shouldn't have to change anything else at all.

Thanks Plow.

I did that (DLed that zip and overwrote the files) and Ran the startserver.bat file as Administrator. Got a command window that flashed and then, nothing.

Do I know run the Technic Launcher? Or do I now run the minecraft server. jar?

I don't get how having installed this server stuff will now result in my singleplayer worlds being rendered up to a web page nor how I'll know how to navigate to that webpage.

Sorry to be such a bonehead on this stuff.

If the server is running (ie you ran the startserver.bat file) you will need to connect to it via the modpack from the technic launcher. You will also need to connect to the server using the IP 127.0.0.1 or "localhost" (either or works) - and if the port was changed, make sure to attach that all (and if you dont know what this means, chances are its the default port and you dont need to attach it anyway)

I think perhaps the server is not actually running. When I run the .bat file there is a flash of the command window, then nothing else. I tried inserting a line at the top of the .bat file and putting in "pause."

This did pause the console for the server, but only option was "press any key to continue." Which then closed the window and nothing else.

Launch JCLite via the Technic launcher, go into Multiplayer: Direct Connect and paste in "localhost" I get this:

8vZTY.jpg

Same thing for "127.0.0.1"

If the window doesnt stay up, then the server isnt running. Shift-right-click in the folder, click "Open command window here", then type startserver, hit enter. it should run the batch file. this way youll be able to see what it outputs so quickly. Chances are though it sounds like itd be complaining about java not being a recognizable command, but instead of my assumption of this, let us know what it says.

Okee dokee. Appreciate you guys sticking it through till the bitter end on me! :) When I get this thing running, I'll see if I can put together an "Idiot's Guide to Setting Up a Private SMP Server" to try to give back a bit ;)

I'll have a crack at what you are suggesting tomorrow. For now . . . time for beddie bye.

Okay, I right-clicked the actual server folder in:

C:Technicmodpacksjcliteserver

and selected Open Command Window here. I then typed in startserver. It produced a large volume of output. I'm seeing neither a spoiler bbc syntax, nor an attach. so I'll just put it in a quote with tiny text, then it can be copied and pasted into notepad where it can be read.

11:45:47 [iNFO] [Modifyworld] Enabling Modifyworld v1.19.7
11:45:47 [iNFO] [Modifyworld] Modifyworld enabled!
11:45:47 [iNFO] [PermissionsEx] Enabling PermissionsEx v1.20.4
11:45:47 [iNFO] WEPIF: PermissionsEx detected! Using PermissionsEx for permissio
ns.
11:45:47 [iNFO] [GriefPrevention] Enabling GriefPrevention v7.8
11:45:47 [iNFO] [GriefPrevention] Grief Prevention enabled.
11:45:47 [iNFO] [GriefPrevention] Grief Prevention Running for Minecraft 1.6.x
11:45:47 [iNFO] [GriefPrevention] Reading dataconfiguration from pluginsGriefPr
eventiondataconfig.yml
11:45:47 [iNFO] [GriefPrevention] Debug Message Granularity set to None
11:45:47 [iNFO] [GriefPrevention] To change Debug Message granularity, edit the
"GriefPrevention.DebugLevel" Setting in config.yml.
11:45:48 [iNFO] [GriefPrevention] SingleWorld Configuration Mode Enabled. File "
plugins/GriefPrevention/WorldConfigs/JCLite.yml" will be used for all worlds.
11:45:48 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] Enabling WorldGuard v5.8.1-SNAPSHOT:1264-ffda88f,ma
ster
11:45:48 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (JCLite) TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
11:45:48 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (JCLite) Lighters are PERMITTED.
11:45:48 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (JCLite) Lava fire is blocked.
11:45:48 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (JCLite) All fire spread is disabled.
11:45:48 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] Loaded configuration for world 'JCLite'
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM-23) TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM-23) Lighters are PERMITTED.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM-23) Lava fire is blocked.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM-23) All fire spread is disabled.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] Loaded configuration for world 'DIM-23'
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM1) TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM1) Lighters are PERMITTED.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM1) Lava fire is blocked.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM1) All fire spread is disabled.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] Loaded configuration for world 'DIM1'
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM-1) TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM-1) Lighters are PERMITTED.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM-1) Lava fire is blocked.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] (DIM-1) All fire spread is disabled.
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] Loaded configuration for world 'DIM-1'
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] 0 regions loaded for 'JCLite'
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] 0 regions loaded for 'DIM-23'
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] 0 regions loaded for 'DIM1'
11:45:49 [iNFO] [WorldGuard] 0 regions loaded for 'DIM-1'
11:45:49 [iNFO] [banItem] Enabling BanItem v2.7
11:45:49 [iNFO] [banItem] BanItem is now Enabled!
11:45:49 [iNFO] [banItem]  made by: [abcalvin]
11:45:49 [iNFO] BanItem's config.yml detected
11:45:49 [iNFO] [dynmap] Enabling dynmap v1.9.2-46
11:45:49 [iNFO] [dynmap] Dynmap CraftBukkit-to_Forge Bridge, version 1.9.2-46
11:45:49 [iNFO] [dynmap] Using PermissionsEx 1.20.4 for access control
11:45:49 [iNFO] [dynmap] DynmapCBBridge enabled
11:45:49 [iNFO] [Essentials] Enabling Essentials v2.12.2
11:45:49 [iNFO] Bukkit version format changed. Version not checked.
11:45:49 [iNFO] git-Cauldron-MCPC-Plus1.6.4-1.965.21.199 (MC: 1.6.4)
11:45:49 [iNFO] 1.6.4-R2.1-SNAPSHOT
11:45:50 [iNFO] Essentials: Using PermissionsEx based permissions.
11:45:50 [iNFO] [DynmapIRC] Enabling DynmapIRC v2.0.2
11:45:50 [iNFO] [DynmapIRC] Disabling DynmapIRC v2.0.2
11:45:50 [sEVERE] Error occurred while disabling DynmapIRC v2.0.2 (Is it up to d
ate?)
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at ca.celticminstrel.irc.DynmapIRC.onDisable(DynmapIRC.java:22)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:219)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.disablePlugin(JavaPluginLoade
r.java:499)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.disablePlugin(SimplePluginManag
er.java:402)
        at ca.celticminstrel.irc.DynmapIRC.onEnable(DynmapIRC.java:33)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:217)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
.java:475)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
r.java:383)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R3.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.jav
a:277)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_6_R3.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.
java:259)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71243_i(MinecraftServer.jav
a:518)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.jav
a:482)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.jav
a:442)
        at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(Dedicated
Server.java:226)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:637)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)
11:45:50 [iNFO] [DynmapIRC] No IRC plugin found, so I can't run!
11:45:50 [iNFO] [EssentialsProtect] Enabling EssentialsProtect v2.12.2
11:45:50 [iNFO] [EssentialsSpawn] Enabling EssentialsSpawn v2.12.2
11:45:50 [iNFO] [Dynmap-GriefPrevention] Enabling Dynmap-GriefPrevention v0.60
11:45:50 [iNFO] [Dynmap-GriefPrevention] initializing
11:45:50 [iNFO] [Dynmap-GriefPrevention] version 0.60 is activated
11:45:50 [iNFO] [EssentialsChat] Enabling EssentialsChat v2.12.2
11:45:50 [iNFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
11:45:50 [iNFO] Done (10.426s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command forge with permission node net.minecraftforge
.server.command.ForgeCommand
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command bs with permission node bspkrs.bspkrscore.fml
.CommandBS
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command buildcraft with permission node buildcraft.co
re.CommandBuildCraft
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command cofh with permission node cofh.command.Comman
dHandler
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command scan with permission node ic2.core.command.Co
mmandScan
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command tps with permission node ic2.core.command.Com
mandTps
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command tps with permission node mods.immibis.core.co
mmands.TPSCommand
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command chunkloaders with permission node codechicken
.chunkloader.CommandChunkLoaders
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command ccdebug with permission node codechicken.chun
kloader.CommandDebugInfo
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command dimanc with permission node mods.immibis.chun
kloader.DimensionalAnchors$1
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command dd-resetdungeons with permission node StevenD
imDoors.mod_pocketDim.commands.CommandResetDungeons
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command dd-rift with permission node StevenDimDoors.m
od_pocketDim.commands.CommandCreateDungeonRift
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command dd-list with permission node StevenDimDoors.m
od_pocketDim.commands.CommandListDungeons
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command dd-random with permission node StevenDimDoors
.mod_pocketDim.commands.CommandCreateRandomRift
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command dd-deleterifts with permission node StevenDim
Doors.mod_pocketDim.commands.CommandDeleteRifts
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command dd-export with permission node StevenDimDoors
.mod_pocketDim.commands.CommandExportDungeon
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command dd-create with permission node StevenDimDoors
.mod_pocketDim.commands.CommandCreatePocket
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command dd-tp with permission node StevenDimDoors.mod
_pocketDim.commands.CommandTeleportPlayer
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command enderstorage with permission node codechicken
.enderstorage.storage.item.CommandEnderStorage
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command ee3 with permission node com.pahimar.ee3.comm
and.CommandEE
11:45:50 [iNFO] --------------------
11:45:50 [iNFO] [CoreProtect] Version 2.0.9 now available.
11:45:50 [iNFO] [CoreProtect] Download: Type "/co version" in-game.
11:45:50 [iNFO] [sponsor] Unlimited MC Hosting: www.hosthorde.com
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command logisticspipes with permission node logistics
pipes.commands.LogisticsPipesCommand
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command mutter with permission node factorization.not
ify.NotifyImplementation$1
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command tpx with permission node com.xcompwiz.mystcra
ft.command.CommandTPX
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command myst-create with permission node com.xcompwiz
.mystcraft.command.CommandCreateDim
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command myst-agebook with permission node com.xcompwi
z.mystcraft.command.CommandCreateAgebook
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command myst-toggleworldinstability with permission n
ode com.xcompwiz.mystcraft.command.CommandToggleWorldInstability
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command toggledownfall with permission node com.xcomp
wiz.mystcraft.command.CommandToggleDownfall
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command time with permission node com.xcompwiz.mystcr
aft.command.CommandTime
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command myst-permissions with permission node com.xco
mpwiz.mystcraft.command.CommandMystPermissions
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command myst-regenchunk with permission node com.xcom
pwiz.mystcraft.command.CommandRegenerateChunk
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command prdebug with permission node mrtjp.projectred
.core.CommandDebug
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command om_config_s with permission node openmods.con
fig.CommandConfig
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_chunk with permission node mcp.mobius.op
is.commands.server.CommandChunkList
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_delay with permission node mcp.mobius.op
is.commands.server.CommandFrequency
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_start with permission node mcp.mobius.op
is.commands.server.CommandStart
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_stop with permission node mcp.mobius.opi
s.commands.server.CommandStop
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_te with permission node mcp.mobius.opis.
commands.server.CommandTimingTileEntities
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_ticks with permission node mcp.mobius.op
is.commands.server.CommandTicks
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_ent with permission node mcp.mobius.opis
.commands.server.CommandTimingEntities
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_nent with permission node mcp.mobius.opi
s.commands.server.CommandAmountEntities
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_kill with permission node mcp.mobius.opi
s.commands.server.CommandKill
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_killall with permission node mcp.mobius.
opis.commands.server.CommandKillAll
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_reset with permission node mcp.mobius.op
is.commands.server.CommandReset
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_handler with permission node mcp.mobius.
opis.commands.server.CommandHandler
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_enttrace with permission node mcp.mobius
.opis.commands.server.CommandEntityCreate
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis with permission node mcp.mobius.opis.com
mands.client.CommandOpis
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_addpriv with permission node mcp.mobius.
opis.commands.server.CommandAddPrivileged
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_rmpriv with permission node mcp.mobius.o
pis.commands.server.CommandRmPrivileged
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command opis_help with permission node mcp.mobius.opi
s.commands.server.CommandHelp
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command freq with permission node codechicken.wireles
sredstone.core.CommandFreq
11:45:50 [iNFO] Registered command nick with permission node net.machinemuse.num
ina.command.CommandNick$
11:45:50 [iNFO] Loading NEI
11:45:50 [iNFO] Accepted EditSessionFactory of type net.coreprotect.worldedit.Co
reProtectEditSessionFactory from net.coreprotect.worldedit
11:45:51 [iNFO] World 'DIM-23' disabled
11:45:51 [iNFO] World 'DIM1' disabled
11:45:51 [iNFO] World 'DIM-1' disabled
11:45:51 [iNFO] Loaded 28 pending tile renders for world 'JCLite'
11:45:51 [iNFO] Reading chunks without loading/activating
11:45:51 [iNFO] Loading resource pack standard
11:45:56 [WARNING] Resource assets/powerconverters/textures/blocks/tile.powercon
verters.bc.consumer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
11:45:56 [WARNING] Resource assets/powerconverters/textures/blocks/tile.powercon
verters.bc.producer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.common.bridge.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.common.charger.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.ic2.ev.consumer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.ic2.ev.producer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.ic2.hv.consumer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.ic2.hv.producer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.ic2.lv.consumer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.ic2.lv.producer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.ic2.mv.consumer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.ic2.mv.producer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.steam.consumer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.steam.producer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.te.consumer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
verters.te.producer.off.png for mod PowerConverters not found
11:45:56 [WARNING] Resource assets/computercraft/textures/blocks/blink.png for m
od ComputerCraft not found
11:45:56 [WARNING] Resource assets/computercraft/textures/blocks/diskDrive.png f
or mod ComputerCraft not found
11:45:56 [WARNING] Resource assets/computercraft/textures/blocks/printerEmpty.pn
g for mod ComputerCraft not found
11:45:56 [WARNING] Resource assets/minefactoryreloaded/textures/blocks/tile.mfr.
conveyor.stopped.lightblue.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
11:45:56 [WARNING] Resource assets/minefactoryreloaded/textures/blocks/tile.mfr.
conveyor.stopped.orange.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.green.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.white.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.black.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/minefactoryreloaded/textures/blocks/tile.mfr.
conveyor.stopped.red.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/minefactoryreloaded/textures/blocks/tile.mfr.
conveyor.stopped.magenta.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.purple.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.lime.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.pink.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.lightgray.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.blue.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.brown.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.cyan.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.gray.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
conveyor.stopped.yellow.png for mod MineFactoryReloaded not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/advancedmachines/textures/blocks/bottom.png f
or mod AdvancedMachines not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/advancedmachines/textures/blocks/frontCompres
sorOFF.png for mod AdvancedMachines not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/advancedmachines/textures/blocks/frontExtract
orOFF.png for mod AdvancedMachines not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/advancedmachines/textures/blocks/frontMacerat
orOFF.png for mod AdvancedMachines not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/advancedmachines/textures/blocks/sideExtracto
rOFF.png for mod AdvancedMachines not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/advancedmachines/textures/blocks/sideplate.pn
g for mod AdvancedMachines not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/advancedmachines/textures/blocks/topCompresso
rOFF.png for mod AdvancedMachines not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/advancedmachines/textures/blocks/topExtractor
OFF.png for mod AdvancedMachines not found
11:45:57 [WARNING] Resource assets/advancedmachines/textures/blocks/topMacerator
OFF.png for mod AdvancedMachines not found
>

There is of course no way, on my own, I'd be able to make sense of that. But it does seem to end with some warnings about not finding needed resources which would seem to suggest that I do not have the server files properly installed where it can find the jclite files?

That output (btw use the <> tag for quoting console info, And you need to manually do the spoiler tags, theres no button for it) indicates that the server is actually running. Which means it should of produced the ForgeModLoader-server-0.log for its contents of what you saw in the console.

Perhaps plow can come better explain why his batch file isnt staying open since he's the one who made it. And just to clarify - you didnt X out of the console window after it opened right?

That output (btw use the <> tag for quoting console info, And you need to manually do the spoiler tags, theres no button for it) indicates that the server is actually running. Which means it should of produced the ForgeModLoader-server-0.log for its contents of what you saw in the console.

Perhaps plow can come better explain why his batch file isnt staying open since he's the one who made it. And just to clarify - you didnt X out of the console window after it opened right?

No I left the console window open. It is still sitting there on my sys tray. . . quick glance in my task manager . . . I got two things running one a "java.exe" the other a "javaw.exe" and I have NOT launched vanilla minecraft, nor the technic launcher, nor anything else that would launch Java.

So it appears my server is running.

I meant the console window when ran from the batch file - because it shouldve kept open the console window when ran from the batch, as it does appear from the console window method i had you do to see what it was outputting. If you left it running through my console method to run the batch file, then yeah it is still running, if you want to stop it properly just enter in "stop" into the console, think of it as the usual in-game commands at that point.

Haahahha! Whoo hoo hoo!

So, I launched the server using the "right-click the entire folder" method described above, gave it plenty of time to get running. Then launched Technic launcher and then jclite. I then opened a multiplayer game, and chose "localhost" and voila! I'm in!

This appears to be a completely new randomly generated world. Couple more questions:

1. How do I resume my preceding "Karma Noredus" world?

2. How do I find out the url for the dynmap page where the map being played on the server is rendered?

If you copied the worlds folder over entirely, even the name, you would need to edit the server.properties file to reflect the world name. Alternatively, go inside the world folder, copy all of its contents over to the world folder that was generated where the server is ran.

From http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/dynmap/ - in regards to how to see it.

First time use

When you start CraftBukkit, you should be able to navigate to http://yourserverip:8123/ in your browser. In case you are running CraftBukkit on the PC you are currently working on, you can navigate to http://localhost:8123/. You should be able to see the players who are in-game. Note that the map is not yet rendered, therefore the background will be black.

If you are planning on using the HD renderer, now would be a good time to do so. Enable 'deftemplatesuffix: hires' in the top of configuration.txt. More information about deftemplatesuffix is available at Base plugin settings.

If you just want to see Dynmap work, use the following command in-game: /dynmap fullrender. The wiki contains more information about commands and permissions. The map should reveal itself gradually in the browser, give it some time. Progress messages indicate that Dynmap is working and will show when the render is completed.

Edit: Looked at it info provided, the one youll want is the localhost one. Alternatively http://127.0.0.1:8123 would work as well for the URL.

Edited by Kalbintion

Holy Mother of Pearl!! IT WORKED!!! :q:

You guys did it! You walked me through the valley of shadow leading to the bright pinnacle of private serverdom!

I simply used a copy of the world folder "Karma Noredus" moved all the subfolders and files in that into the

C:TechnicmodpacksjcliteserverJCLite

overwriting everything that was already there, launched the server, waited for it to fully boot, launched technic and JCLite: multiplayer localhost, and after a few minutes pointed a Nightly (firefox 65-bit) tab at: http://localhost:8123/

and voila!

The server does shut off after a while when it cannot find startup script  './startup.sh' so I reckon I must have copied over the file that had that from the zip that plow gave me. But I guess it should be fairly easy to identify that in the zip and put it into the files from the karma noredus that I wrote into the serverjclite directory.

Edited by DicheBach