My Mod Pack (Let me ask for permission from modders then try to sell it!)

punker180

*snip*

:siren: KAKERMIX POST EDITING GO :siren:

I bet you are wondering what happened? Well I shall tell you.

The pack is fully ready including installer AND download. If I can raise the funds for the server I will Post names of donors and how much and will receive special permissions in server. 40 US dollars pays for 1 month. so when I hit the mark it will be released! For every dollar more it will go to the next month to come. If ALOT is donated it will go to an even BIGGER minecraft server. (it will be a bukkit server)

DONATE HERE!!!

This was in a now-deleted thread over on the Avant Garde Arena. Selling a modpack (or holding it hostage, as it were) is not cool. I don't think I need to explain why it isn't cool, nor allowed here.

I'm setting up a mod pack called Punker180's Mod pack. in this pack I have

JAR MODS

ModLoader No copyright License

ModloaderMP since no mirror on its own is offered this one is allowed!

Minecraft Forge Open Sourced!

4096 fix. Open Sourced!

CodeChickenCore Permission!

AudioMod No copyright License

GuiAPI Open Sourced!

Not Enough Items Permission!

NEI Patch (For Crafting Table III) Open Sourced! (No license)

Single Player Commands

FBL - flat bedrock layer No copyright license

Somnia

Rei's Minimap No copyright License

Custom Mob Spawner Open Sourced!

Inventory Tweaks Open Sourced! MIT License

NEI Railcraft Pugin Permission!

NEI RedPower Plugin Permission!

Mods Folder Mods

BuildCraft Open Sourced! (MMPL License)

Additional Pipes Open Sourced!

ComputerCraft Notified!

Crafting Table III Open Sourced! (No license)

Starting Inventory CCL License!

Dynamic Elevators

Equivalent Exchange 2 Permission!

Ender Storage Permission!

Forestry

IndustrialCraft2

Laser mod. No copyright license

Millénaire Permission!

Iron Chests. Open Sourced!

Zeppelin Seeming as we didn't modify it its allowed!

Nether Ores Open Sourced!

Portal Gun

Railcraft

RedPower

ThaumCraft 2

Tree Capitator CCL License!

Balkon's WeaponMod No copyright license

Wireless Redstone - Chickenbones Edition Permission!

Additional Buildcraft Objects Open Sourced!

MAtmos THE COLA-WARE LICENSE (Useable)

Compact Solars No copyright license

Logistics Pipes Open Sourced! (MMPL License)

OptiFine No copyright license

Note Block Display With GUI No copyright license

Steve's Carts Open Sourced!

Better Dungeons! Allowed If I link to its site =)

BCIC2 Crossover Just need IC2 permssions

Power Converters for BC 3.X!!!

More Pistons. Permission!

SO please leave any suggestions for the pack and if it matches with the packs setup it might go in! [considering how many ID's I have to work with!

(please keep in mind I do not own any of this material and have Manually changed the ID's on most of these mods and there configurations{NEIsubsets and tree capitator axe usage and more})

Please post suggestions in following manner:

Mod:

Author:

Block IDs:

(If you do not know the amount of ID's sometimes i am willing to research it myself)

Description:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so, I'm gonna punt this over to avante garde because it's a creative project.

Be wary about including things without permission given that you're setting this up as a public modpack. Remember all the drama and shit the technic team has dealt with (and will probably continue to have to deal with) and learn from their mistakes.

Other than that, good luck, and i hope you do something good and unique enough to one day be included in the launcher.

Okay, so, I'm gonna punt this over to avante garde because it's a creative project.

Be wary about including things without permission given that you're setting this up as a public modpack. Remember all the drama and shit the technic team has dealt with (and will probably continue to have to deal with) and learn from their mistakes.

Other than that, good luck, and i hope you do something good and unique enough to one day be included in the launcher.

At the moment it is looking for public suggestions. for the time being it is still private (to play suggestions still open) because i do still want to try and get author authorization. the mods listed in my pack are named but i do not have a download link only the links to the author themselves.

My statement still holds true. You clearly sound like you want to eventually release this, so be careful not to step on too many toes.

Thats true thanks for the input and im working on it now (only time will tell what will be allowed. if anything and i CANT get authorization i can just do it Direwolf20 style and just put links and show you how to install all the mods on a youtube video with my configuration files for proper block ids and all

Let's get this thread back on track. If people want to keep discussing the ethos of modding or the bigger issue of distribution of intellectual property, then please do it elsewhere*. Otherwise, this is about this guy's modpack!

*and even then I suggest you do not do it on our forums. Because opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one. And we have enough assholes over here. Looks at himself.

I just removed a big stupid argument from this thread. Don't have any stupid arguments here unless they're about whether OP should include SparkleFarts mods in his pack.

I keep suggesting the sparklefarts mod, but no one takes me seriously.

http://code.google.com/p/mc-now-mod-installer/

There's the old installer Technic and the Yogbox both used to use. I've never used it to make my own custom modpack but it should work.

sorry I asked for help on the installer thing as i was driving to another state lol ok so i have an installer now (not the one you linked) and as the fact that i do no have full author permissions yet (yet to do but in progress) and was also wondering if a moderator can tell me if this is out of line and against anything (will i step on toes) if i ask here for testers. as in right now im looking for some testers for the pack and am I able to distribute the pack to them but on a private basis (a.k.a. no public link only for the people i deem fit to test it?) plz let me no if that is out of line in any way and if its not, looking for testers! please PM me and list your name, age, and why you should be a tester. (will reply back with a deny or accept on requests)

Just got EE permission to use there mod in this pack (not to mention the ones in the pack the are usable without need for permission as long as u link to there site and give them credit) Also messing with some mods right now in the pack like ExtrabiomesXL , Additional Buildcraft Objects , MAtmos , Compact Solars , Logistics Pipes , and Nether Harvest I put them in the pack and am messing with them, i need permission from the authors still before i can release them publicly. Also still wondering if i should add Minions , Twilight Forest , Castle Defenders , Craftable Mob Eggs , Note Block Display With GUI , Ropes+(obviously needs the other ropes mods which are listed on its page)

Permission to do this pack is slowly rolling in and bug fixing is a slow process but is coming along nicely. And i am prepared to remove any material an author says i may not use or by the time of release still do not have a reply

Well I just added Better Dungeons and we COMPLETELY redid all the block ID's and all mods are working well with each other (small bug here and there but we are working on it) Its almost completely ready but we really would like to wait for author permission. I don't want people to (no offense) look at us like some look badly on the technic crew. I really love what technic has done I've followed them since the beginning. And what theyve done for the community by simply sharing all the mods they do for the community and not even using an adfly is inspiring! They are doing the same thing trying to get author permissions now. Im actually hoping that after all the work we are putting into this they will consider adding us to there launcher! Some mods in the pack on the minecraft forums they state that they dont allow any more modpacks or some dont allow them at all. but I still bothered to ask because all my team and I are trying to do is release this for the community. No profit. No claiming anything as ours. Just to help out fellow Minecraft players. I list all permissions next to each mod links and as i get more permissions I post them. So it's kind of like a progress bar. I'm always looking for more mods that fit so please let me know your suggestions. =)

Remove IndustrialCraft2 and put in Better Than Wolves (BTW(or something else)) and also add Risugami's Death Chest and Elemental arrows, SDK's mods,

xSmallDeadGuyx's Elemental Creepers (maybe)

That's my suggestion, hope you liked it!

PS: I think you should remove IC2 so it's not so much like the Technic Pack

a bit incompatible

That term is one of those "almost infinite" terms. There is no "kind of" "almost" "mostly" or "a little bit" incompatible. It's either compatible or it is not.

Better than wolves is incompatible with almost everything.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons