HOW do you mod?

KakerMix

• Forum Administrators

Hell if I know! I do know this is the place to ask it. Keep in mind that you don't get to come in here and go

'helo i want to make a mod how do i do it'

Its more of a

"I can't get this function to do what I want, can someone tell me what is wrong?"

Hell if I know! I do know this is the place to ask it. Keep in mind that you don't get to come in here and go

'helo i want to make a mod how do i do it'

Its more of a

"I can't get this function to do what I want, can someone tell me what is wrong?"

I can't get KakerMix and Cheap Shot to love me, can someone tell me what is wrong?

Seriously though, thanks for this section. I'll be all over these tutorials and ready to be terrible at this in the summer!

I can't get KakerMix and Cheap Shot to love me, can someone tell me what is wrong?

Seriously though, thanks for this section. I'll be all over these tutorials and ready to be terrible at this in the summer!

I'm gonna be modding in the summer as well! I love you guys! <3

• 1 month later...

As am I. Since my mod is going to be centered around Tekkit (and require it to run), I'm going to be harassing asking questions to KakerMix and Cheap Shot a lot. Sorry in advance for all the trouble I will cause you in this board :) I'll add you in the thank you section of my mod for tolerating me.

• 6 months later...

Oh, you meant modding environment. I'll even translate for you.

ccould i get help moding ecwetment recemandastions please

Translation: "Could anyone please give me their recommendations on a coding environment that I could use for modding?"

i need stuff to modwith enyone i have mcp

please help

Translation: "Please, I really need a program to mod with"

Oh, you meant modding environment. I'll even translate for you.

Translation: "Could anyone please give me their recommendations on a coding environment that I could use for modding?"

Translation: "Please, I really need a program to mod with"

Little did the people of the Technic Forums know that nedned2k was actually a secret government program adept in translating all languages and hacking into security systems. He was merely 8 days away from completion, at which time he would be released and wreak havoc on the world by initiating the launch sequence of every active nuclear weapon on Earth simultaneously.

Little did the people of the Technic Forums know that nedned2k was actually a secret government program adept in translating all languages and hacking into security systems. He was merely 8 days away from completion, at which time he would be released and wreak havoc on the world by initiating the launch sequence of every active nuclear weapon on Earth simultaneously.

Oh, noes! You've figured me out! And I was so close to proving the mayans right. And I would have done it, too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a question. yesterday I completed my first mod (Just a simple sword, block and item of which the block consists), it worked all fine etc. but when I today started work on something more complicated, and checked how I did the other mod and ran Minecraft, Forge gave an error that my custom block is missing and indeed, when I tried to craft it/spawn it my came crashed. However, I don't see any errors in my code and as I said, it worked perfectly yesterday...

Main Class

@Mod(modid = "MarkarthiansMod", name = "MarkarthiansMod", version = "1.0")

@NetworkMod(clientSideRequired = true, serverSideRequired = false)

public class MarkarthiansMod

{

public static final Block Blargblock = new BlockBlargblock(3000, 0).setHardness(3F).setStepSound(Block.soundStoneFootstep).setBlockName("Blargblock");

public static final Item Blarg = new ItemBlarg(3100).setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabMaterials).setIconCoord(0, 0).setItemName("Blarg");

@Init

public void load(FMLInitializationEvent event){

GameRegistry.addRecipe(new ItemStack(Blargblock, 1),

"BBB", "BBB", "BBB",

'B', Blarg

);

LanguageRegistry.addName(Blargblock, "Block of Blarg");

LanguageRegistry.addName(Blarg, "Blarg");

}

@PreInit

public void init(FMLPreInitializationEvent preEvent){

}

}

Secondary classes

public class ItemBlarg extends Item {

public ItemBlarg(int par1) {

super(par1);

}

public String getTextureFile(){

return "/Markarthians_Mod/Item.png";

}

}

And

public class BlockBlargblock extends Block {

public BlockBlargblock(int par1, int par2) {

super(par1, par2, Material.rock);

setCreativeTab(CreativeTabs.tabBlock);

}

public String getTextureFile(){

return "/Markarthians_Mod/Blocks.png";

}

}

Could someone please tell me what's going on?

Edit: Don't mind the names :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, can anyone please tell me where to change some code inside a decompiled Minecraft Jar that allows me to make more than 256 blocks without getting a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 257 or higher errors???

I mean, just look at Tekkit, Tekkit has like 300+ new blocks if not even a hell lot more. But how come that the modders of Tekkit didn't get this ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException error?

I'm assuming you aren't using Forge if you get ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException at 256. Forge comes with the 4095 Block ID fix, which allows blocks to be up to the ID of 4095. I would really recommend Forge, since it does do a lot to help when it comes to modding.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently working on adding a new sword "A God-Sword" which will pretty much one shot anything. It runs fine when I test it, but when I install in on my client it crashes my minecraft. I use forge btw. Is there a common issue that may be causing this?

I'm currently working on adding a new sword "A God-Sword" which will pretty much one shot anything. It runs fine when I test it, but when I install in on my client it crashes my minecraft. I use forge btw. Is there a common issue that may be causing this?

Mostly people install it in the wrong folder, is it in the mods folder? (At least, depends on whether you extended the sword.class or edited it)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Forgive my squirrely ignorance, but I'm getting stuck at the gate. I'm trying to make an add-on mod for Hexxit (specifically Project Zulu to start with) and I've been using the MinecraftForge tutorials to some success to date (nothing worth releasing, though). Unfortunately, at this point, I'm getting jammed up since the link to "Decompile the mod" instructions are, of course, missing. A nudge in the right direction should be all I need.

Update: So I've found BON, but when I try to use it to decompile the mods as zip/jar, I get a file (when I think I should be getting a directory), and when I decompress the zip/jar ahead of time and try to deob an individual class directly, I'm not getting source code.

Update 2: Derp... My insufficiently decaffeinated brain was combining "decompiling" and deobfuscating. Unsurprisingly, the latter doesn't work well without doing the former first.