[64X] Sphax PureBDcraft [Tekkit 3.1/Technic 7.2] (Balkoon's weapons)

leddy231

Re: Texture Pack [128x] Sphax PureBDcraft [(REAL)Technic 6.0.7 / Tekkit 2.1]

Hi guys, so I heard that some people wanted a 32x version of this pack. I've written a little bash script to convert texture pack in lower resolution ( or higher but it would be kind of ugly ). It work almost right. There are some glicth with the "special" texture like torches and sappling. I'll put a download link a bit further in my post so if somebody want to fix it we could all have a nice 32x32 Sphax.

I am no expert in texture pack and I don't really know what should be the resolution of all the file so I've just shrinked them all with the same ratio. That result in some of the icon being a bit blury ( the pointer, NIE icons, etc.).Most of the work is done but there is still a bit of manual adjustement to do that is over my capacity

http://www.mediafire.com/?1f2xgduuie968i3

good luck :)

Thanks for the idea but... the file structure inside the archive is wrong, it has the root folder up front and it makes the game think that it's the default pack. Also, the fonts are busted (I attached a screenshot).

PS: Another thing I noticed. The torches have a whitish box around them in every placement and in my inventory for no apparent reason.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Millénare

Are you still having problems with Millénare? I run the Soartex Fanver texture packs and have what few textures that have been made functioning as they should in Technic.

From what I have seen, Technic is currently using a slightly older version of Millenare that has a different path for the sprite sheet than in recent versions. You will need to trace the path for the textures used in Millenare Technic differently than how you would in the standalone mod.

Forgive me for not having the exact names of folders in the path. Go into the .techniclauncher directory, the same way you would with the .minecraft directory. Then open technicssp/mods/Millénare.zip. In recent versions Millénare has a 16x sprite sheet as well as a 64x sprite sheet with the 64_ prefix before it, whereas the name of the texture is different in Technic.

Kinniken, creator of Millénare, has set up his mod to use the texture sheet with the 64_ prefix when the vanilla textures are HD.

Now understand that Kinniken is a Soartex fan and is shipping the 64_ texture sheets reminiscent of the soartex style. Here is where things get very frustrating for you. As I complete villager skins for Millenare he will add them with the 64_ prefix and accompanying texture switching code. This means the paths for those textures will gradually change as the folks over at soartex.org make textures for them.

I hope this helps you, and let me know if you have any other questions!

--------------------------

Just so those of you here at technic know, Soartex Fanver is on its way to support Technic! Fanver is still in the early stages of support for this mod pack but the efforts of many people are behind it.

http://soartex.net/forums/technic-mods.25/

Hopefully Soartex can offer you some competition in the coming months.

Why would you post links to a competing texture pack in this thread?

alright, pol time!

do you want the defult computercraft texture:http://www.eclipse-project.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=329

or the new one: http://www.eclipse-project.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=482 (there is not pic for this, you have to download it to see it)

tell me!

when i install this texture and run it on the launcher, it only puts textures on vanilla items... all the technic items have their default skins. How do i make it so that the textures are applied to all items?

Hi Guys,

I've spend the whole night figuring out to get this texture pack working for Tekkit without much success.

I mean I know how to get to my library and know that I need to put a zip-file in the texture pack folder of tekkit of the technic-launcher. I also followed duncan's (of the yogscast) video once, when he shows how to merge a tekkit smp with the purebdcraft tp.

What surprises me is that the texture pack of the yogbox works fine both for the yogbox and for tekkit. I can't seem to find the difference between this pack and the purebdcraft pack.

I know about patching, this works fine for the normal minecraft game, there I got the purebdcraft pack working.

But for the technic-launcher I need something extra it seems.

I've tried a lot, probably I'm missing something.

I run Lion on my mac.

Here are two screenshots. The second one shows the gray image of the texture pack which is not selectable.

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

It would be nice if someone could help me.

Thanks, Bart

@prinsbart I think I can help you, hit command-shift-g. Type in "~/library/application support/techniclauncher/tekkit/texturepacks" then make sure its in there. You don't need to to anything to the download just put the thing in the texture folder. Also you don't patch it opitfine does that.

@xxmikegigsxx thanks, I appreciate your post, however it was already in there.

Before I deleted everything (also the bin etc. everything..), downloaded the latest techniclauncher, ran it, quit it. Then downloaded the pack from the post here and I had put the zip file in the folder you suggested me. Then I ran it again (I did nothing else), the same response as the 2nd screenshot depicts.

Again, when I take the extra texture pack that comes with the yogbox, and put it in the texturepack folder of Tekkit, it works. It is not gray as shown in my screenshot and is selectable.

?? :)

Hmm I just tried it with the almost identical set up (lion on a mac), and it worked fine. The only thing I could suggest would be to start it with the texture pack not in the folder, then once it is started put the zip in the folder and that may work.

Well that doesn't sound encouraging. Not on your behalf I mean, but if it works just fine with you running the same OS and the same settings, it might be a difficult case to solve. I tried what you said without success.

Then, I guess, it's just a matter of accepting or stumble upon an answer some time..

What do you think about what the difference could be between the purebdcraft tp and the painterly pack tp (from the yogbox)? It somehow works. See my screenshot.

Thanks for your help anyway ;)

screenshot3.png

Well that doesn't sound encouraging. Not on your behalf I mean, but if it works just fine with you running the same OS and the same settings, it might be a difficult case to solve. I tried what you said without success.

Then, I guess, it's just a matter of accepting or stumble upon an answer some time..

What do you think about what the difference could be between the purebdcraft tp and the painterly pack tp (from the yogbox)? It somehow works. See my screenshot.

Thanks for your help anyway ;)

I'm not too familiar with macs, but whenever stuff doesn't work for me like this, I try a) re-downloading to see if it got scrambled during download and B) downloading something slightly different, in this case a different HD texture pack.

Another idea would be to go to bdcraft.net, download the version there, and go through the forums to get the individual patches.

Hope that helps!

I wanted to put together a version of PureBDcraft for when I'm using my version of Minecraft with different mods, but for some reason, the site you linked to for the majority of the texturepack additions doesn't work for me (http://www.eclipse-project.de/forum/) Is it just on my end, or are other people having problems too?

I wanted to put together a version of PureBDcraft for when I'm using my version of Minecraft with different mods, but for some reason, the site you linked to for the majority of the texturepack additions doesn't work for me (http://www.eclipse-project.de/forum/) Is it just on my end, or are other people having problems too?

My Tekkit pack patch for purebdcraft 64 works for me. I got it from the eclipse-project site before with no problem... but it seems the link you posted won't respond. :/

the forums is down for the moment, dont know why.

has anyone had problems getting onto the addon forums i keep getting google cannot find the page your looking for :/

Read the post above yours, please and thank you.

And no, as far as I have found, no one knows why yet.

Read the post above yours, please and thank you.

And no, as far as I have found, no one knows why yet.

yeah i noticed once i posted it but i couldnt find the delete button

Hello guys, i am having some problems with the texture pack provided here. Some blocks from the 1.2.5 Minecraft (Vanila) are with texture problems (Wooden Planks 5:2 and Sandstone 24:2 are with text on them) and some others are transparents (like Weed-EX and Coffee Beans) What i do?

OBs: I am using Tekkit.

And how i can i update it for 1.2.5?

If you're lazy/busy like me, wait for Technic/Tekkit to come out with an official (recommended) update, then wait for the maker of this texture pack to update it, then install the updated version. Until then, use default texturepack.

Otherwise, go into the texture pack and move the textures around as needed, but remember that the new wood colors, as well as new items in the mods, don't have textures yet, so you'll have to make your own. Oh, and use the vanilla texture file for reference.

how do i make the textures apply to the technic items? so far the technic items have stayed with their vanilla textures... do i need mcpatcher?

hmmm... try redownloading it again, cant seam to re-create the bug