Let's Test Hexxit for Minecraft 1.7.10!

Skuli

Just food for thought; as a new player I don't feel the ore mobs are that difficult to deal with.. The first time it happens is a bit of a surprise, but I find taking them out with a stone sword, no armor, and a 2-block tall shelter in a cave wall is an easy way to deal with them. They drop pretty good loot as well.

Edited by antikas

when you are done crying like a baby you can take a few seconds to read the original post that Skuli posted

Apologies if I sounded whiny, I'm just saying I don't like a lot of what has happened to Hexxit. I appreciate you, and I appreciate Skuli for filling me in on missing details and things that I don't understand.

IF it makes you feel any better, Zelda Sword Skills is out in the next major update now that Legendgear has been updated; since there was no updated Legendgear until fairly recently, I stuck ZSS in to try to fill the Magic Boomerang/heart container gap, but it adds too much stuff I have no interest in, and is a MASSIVE memory hog. 

Lycanites' Mobs is still being evaluated, to be honest.  I'm doing the serious behind-the-scenes stuff now, like altering spawn rates and biomes, the hard boring stuff.  I enjoy the additional difficulty this mod adds, but I agree the overland spawns just feel weird and out of place.  It could be relegated to underground mobs and nether, we'll see.  I really don't like the ore mobs, they are just too much for new players.

I think you misunderstand the purpose of Ancient Warfare; it's far more an NPC-based automation mod than any sort of pvp thing.  The thought of having Buildcraft, Forestry, or Thermal Expansion in Hexxit makes my skin crawl, but with Ancient Warfare you can have a couple of NPC couriers running around carrying ore from your storage chest to your furnace, and carrying ingots back, or sorting your loot into their massive warehouse structure, while having to manage your NPC guards to keep the monsters from slaughtering all your helpless citizens.  It's been a lot of fun in my experience, and delightfully complicated, I'd recommend looking more closely at it...

But am I getting this right? Legend Gear has been updated and ZSS is being taken out? If that is so, my only very large complaint left is Lycanites Mobs. Even though a few of the other additions make me feel uneasy, ZSS and Lycanites Mobs are my two main complaints.

Again, sorry for sounding so butthurt, thanks to you both for responding, I really appreciate it. If at all possible, please return at least Asgard Shields and Immibis Microblocks. Those are both wonderful mods that really compliment Hexxit.

Thanks again guys, and I'll keep an eye on 3.0 builds as you say Skuli.

P.S. Skuli.. that name sounds familiar. Didn't you moderate The Mining Dead? I played that for a while. You're alright Skuli :P

Apologies if I sounded whiny, I'm just saying I don't like a lot of what has happened to Hexxit. I appreciate you, and I appreciate Skuli for filling me in on missing details and things that I don't understand.

But am I getting this right? Legend Gear has been updated and ZSS is being taken out? If that is so, my only very large complaint left is Lycanites Mobs. Even though a few of the other additions make me feel uneasy, ZSS and Lycanites Mobs are my two main complaints.

Again, sorry for sounding so butthurt, thanks to you both for responding, I really appreciate it. If at all possible, please return at least Asgard Shields and Immibis Microblocks. Those are both wonderful mods that really compliment Hexxit.

Thanks again guys, and I'll keep an eye on 3.0 builds as you say Skuli.

P.S. Skuli.. that name sounds familiar. Didn't you moderate The Mining Dead? I played that for a while. You're alright Skuli :P

Asgard Shield won't be updated until 1.8, according to the minecraftforum link. Mine and Blade has been added, which is quite a lot of fun in a similar vein.

I also didn't realize Immibis was not added to the betas, I'll rectify that with the next update! I have a few more of the old mods to add, like offlawn and hexxitgear that need to be pushed also.

And yes, The Mining Dead was my server that I started in 2011, glad you liked it! Hope the zombies didn't kill you too much!

The additional resources for the ruins mod appear to be mostly in the old format, so will just leave an empty space/hole. The templates need changing to the newer block id system to work. Would be handy if someone could script a template converter if one doesn't already exist... ;)

mr4ffe, on 16 Oct 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

My cousin refuse to play any modpack without Thaumcraft... Why can't it be added to Hexxit?

Because it doesnt fit in the theme of Hexxit; thaumcraft is about doing research in your base, hexxit is about exploring and getting phat lootz.

And because you can add it yourself.

Really looking forward to the next update Skuli, especially after reading your thoughts on what should and shouldn't be added.

Great to hear that Legend Gear will be back in.

Any memory hogs that get culled can only be a good thing. I'm pretty sure I speak for most Hexxit fans when I say thanks for putting in the hard yards so that we can adventure in 1.7.10land. I get the sense that you are a Hexxit fan too and that you are doing your best to retain as much as possible of the original. Kudos to you.

oh, and the ore mobs, they aren't too tough at all, and kinda fun, breaking up the monotony of mining.

Edited by krebsmotin

I did encounter massive lag on entering the Twilight Forest, accompanied by server console spam...

No such biome in enum: Twilight Forest

No such biome in enum: Twilight Forest...etc

I googled it, and found this forum thread...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/1284684-v1-0-5-butterfly-mania-150-unique-butterflies?page=25

It seems that the butterflymania coder has patched it, so the latest version might cure this issue.

I have started porting More Bows to version 1.7.10. It only includes teh reinforced, the iron, the gold and the crystal bow but everything else as well as some new content is following. 

Here is a link to the minecraft forums thread but i will probably create a new one here to let more people know.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2246038-beta-more-bows-2

Edited by ShinyMew1256

I have started porting More Bows to version 1.7.10. It only includes teh reinforced, the iron, the gold and the crystal bow but everything else as well as some new content is following. 

Here is a link to the minecraft forums thread but i will probably create a new one here to let more people know.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/2246038-beta-more-bows-2

Holy crapbaskets batman!!! You sir are amazingly awesome! *throws hands up and starts bowing* We're not worthy!

Hi,

maybe a stupid question from noob, but anyway. I installed all and got it running .. after patching Java etc.

NOW .. the server (started launch.bat in dos-window) stays at:

21:43:38] [Server thread/INFO] [com.github.abrarsyed.secretroomsmod.common.OwnershipManager]: Saving ownership data for dimension -1 to .worldDIM-1SecretRooms-ownership.dat
21:43:38] [Server thread/INFO] [com.github.abrarsyed.secretroomsmod.common.OwnershipManager]: Saving ownership data for dimension 1 to .worldDIM1SecretRooms-ownership.dat
21:43:38] [Server thread/INFO] [com.github.abrarsyed.secretroomsmod.common.OwnershipManager]: Saving ownership data for dimension 7 to .worldDIM7SecretRooms-ownership.dat

is that done for all the 607-Ruin-Chunks ?!

Since I cannot connect to the server I come to the second question ... how do I connect :)

If I use the launcher from Technicpack it load the 1.5.2-Version of minecraft ?! So I connect useing the usual (unmodded) minecraft-client ?!

Thx in advance

... I have let it run for the night .. and it still only gives the feedback as seen above and I am unable to connect. :(

Abu

Edited by AbuTarynnia

Hey Skuli,

Is there something we can do to fix Waila locally while we wait for the next update? I never realized how spoiled I was until I had to disable it because of the spawner crashes.

Also: A possible alternative to "Flesh to leather" (or whatever the rotten flesh smelting mod was called)

There is an updated version of waila that fixes the crash for 1.7.10

I'm loving this update! The crashes are annoying, but I haven't found one yet that can't be fixed by some quick mcediting, or a toggle to peaceful and back. I especially love the addition of Lycanite's Mobs. It really makes the world more interesting. I've only run into one major issue, and I'm not even quite sure what it is. My girlfriend and I have been playing together for a few days, and just last night, we stopped being able to equip Tinker's Construct gear into the Battlegear dual-wielding slots. The gear already in there stays, but if you take it out, you cannot put it back in. I assumed it was some issue from Enchanting Plus, which I had just added, but removing it did not fix the problem, nor did completely deleting Hexxit, reinstalling, and using a save from before I installed Enchanting Plus. Has anyone else run into this issue?

Was there an update last night? I've completely wiped my technic install, reinstalled hexxit, and created a new world, and I still can't put TC items in the BG slots. I suspect something was updated, and caused an issue between the two mods.

Edit: Just did some testing. Daggers, Longswords, Battleaxes, and Shortbows from TC can be equipped in the BG slots. Nothing else can be. Before the end of last night, they could.

Edited by SaintWacko