Let's Test Hexxit for Minecraft 1.7.10!

Skuli

Literally started playing Hexxit yesterday - and then saw this.. ! Would love to be on 1.7.10 with all these newer features and Carpenters blocks! :D

As I have just started in 1.0.10, and only actually built a house so far, will I be able to easily upgrade do you think? - Or will I be missing out on new world generation structures?

Really looking forward to the next beta.. sounds like it'll make it playable for me :) Good work <3

EDIT - got any time frame for a possible next update.. trying to work out whether I should hold off on working with Hexxit 1.0.10!

Edited by Sprocket_Audio

Was there an update last night? I've completely wiped my technic install, reinstalled hexxit, and created a new world, and I still can't put TC items in the BG slots. I suspect something was updated, and caused an issue between the two mods.

Edit: Just did some testing. Daggers, Longswords, Battleaxes, and Shortbows from TC can be equipped in the BG slots. Nothing else can be. Before the end of last night, they could.

No updates last night.

No updates last night.

That is so weird. I managed to sort of fix it last night, for a tiny bit. I completely deleted the .technic file, and relaunched it from scratch, and created a brand new world, so there was no connection at all to anything I had done, and it still didn't work. I then gave up and copied back in the world we had been playing on, and it worked! I was able to equip TC gear in the BG slots! Then I accidentally crashed the server by attacking a special mob, and it stopped working :( Is there anything I can do to help debug/diagnose this?

Edited by SaintWacko

That is so weird. I managed to sort of fix it last night, for a tiny bit. I completely deleted the .technic file, and relaunched it from scratch, and created a brand new world, so there was no connection at all to anything I had done, and it still didn't work. I then gave up and copied back in the world we had been playing on, and it worked! I was able to equip TC gear in the BG slots! Then I accidentally crashed the server by attacking a special mob, and it stopped working :( Is there anything I can do to help debug/diagnose this?

Yeah, the infernal mob bug is fixed in an update, working on a new beta as we speak.

Also, look at the "weaponwield" command, it seems to have been added specifically to address this issue; I was able to equip a broadsword by highlighting it in my hotbar and then typing "/weaponwield right".

*edit*

Ah, MB2 seems to not allow weapons with a special right-click ability to dual-wield, which seems to be the issue here.

*/edit*

Also, look at the "weaponwield" command, it seems to have been added specifically to address this issue; I was able to equip a broadsword by highlighting it in my hotbar and then typing "/weaponwield right".

*edit*

Ah, MB2 seems to not allow weapons with a special right-click ability to dual-wield, which seems to be the issue here.

*/edit*

That would make sense, except that for a long time it *was* letting me, and it still lets me dual-wield longswords, which have the "Charge" right click ability. Something I did notice is that the 4 weapons that it will allow are similar to weapon types that exist in vanilla/BG. Longsword:Sword::Battleaxe:Waraxe::Dagger:Dagger::Shortbow:Bow.

Edited by SaintWacko

New update! I like the additions! And the subtractions!Still having issues with equipping TC stuff, although fiddling with that command you gave me works eventually.

Now: New bugs:

I've chosen the Miner class from LevelUp, and when I dig anything, it digs ridiculously fast and degrades my shovel quicker than it should.

New update! I like the additions! And the subtractions!Still having issues with equipping TC stuff, although fiddling with that command you gave me works eventually.

Now: New bugs:

I've chosen the Miner class from LevelUp, and when I dig anything, it digs ridiculously fast and degrades my shovel quicker than it should.

yeah, I already saw that reported in GotoLink's post, hopefully that'll have a fix soon.

yeah, I already saw that reported in GotoLink's post, hopefully that'll have a fix soon.

GotoLink's post? Is there another thread I should be keeping an eye on?

Also, hooray for Legend Gear! My beautiful falling stars are back! I heard the sound of one falling, and it was almost an instinctive reaction to start scanning the skies.

So has anyone tinkered with Ancient Warfare yet?

Are there too many butterflies?

There are a lot of butterflies, but I like them. They, along with the birds, really make the world feel more alive. Standing in my mountain fortress and looking down on the plains and forests and seeing butterflies and birds flitting about does more to make it feel like a living world than anything else.

Hey guys,

the download is freezing up the moment it reachest ...scala-actor-migration...

I put in the console text from Technik launcher in there, maybe it's usefull?

I wanted to put it in a Spoiler, but can't find the tool for it, i'm Sorry!

Edit:

Done, Problem with Antivirus software!

Edited by Medusalem

• Moderators

Hey guys,

the download is freezing up the moment it reachest ...scala-actor-migration...

I put in the console text from Technik launcher in there, maybe it's usefull?

I wanted to put it in a Spoiler, but can't find the tool for it, i'm Sorry!

console logs are useless. Post the actual technic log instead. Click the cog-wheel button on the top-right corner on your launcher window

And use a pastebin site!

pastebin.com or paste.ubuntu.com

it's easier to read posts when they aren't taking up a whole thread page

To Version C,

Runs smother than before, with some lags here and there.
But,

- Still got crashes while looking on spawners.
- Sometimes Freezes for around ten to 30 Seconds randomly while world Generation

But i Love it, never died that much in the first Days :D

- Sometimes Freezes for around ten to 30 Seconds randomly while world Generation

Pssssst: here's your solution for the 0FPS terrain generating problem in 1.7.10. Take note that when you add this your Hexxit becomes a custom pack without support.

I can assure you that this works 100% and it probably would be included in all 1.7.10 packs if the license was different (Redistribution is strictly prohibited, no exceptions.).

Edit: Those freezes are not mods. This is Mojang at fault here.

Backstory: Mojang ditched Vec3Pool in 1.7.10: that was the biggest error they could make.

Edited by bochen415

To Version C,

Runs smother than before, with some lags here and there.

But,

- Still got crashes while looking on spawners.

But i Love it, never died that much in the first Days :D

The freezing is due to objects generating in-game, like better dungeons and roguelike dungeons.  I can't really do anything about that.