[64x] Soartex Fanver [WIP]

Shoeboxama

titleeq.png

Soartex Fanver is the fan continuation of Soartex, a smooth 64x texture pack made by Soar49.

Ready to go:

Screenshots courtesy of cpsgames!

You can help by posting any bugs or by contributing textures on the Soartex forum.

--------------------------------------------

Here is the original thread from Soar49.

Here is the continuation thread from Soartex Fanver.

Also, atleast link to the soartex original thread, Cant tell if mod pack or texturepack. Or even a soundpack.

Considering it's located in the texture pack forum, I figured that would be a given. :P Anyways, screenshots are coming soon, maybe that will help make it more clear.

Updated to include link to OP.

What do you guys think of it?

I've got an update coming tomorrow morning that backdates this to be compatible with 6.x, I didn't realize 7.0.1 was merely a dev build.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got another update here, RedPower logic has been made in its entirety and included. This makes soartex one of the easiest packs to work with (in my humble opinion) when RedPower redstoning due to the simplicity and straightforwardness of the textures. Textures for Buildcraft have also been completely remade and are near completion. In vanilla, five new mob skins have been added, wool color brightened and too many other small fixes I've made over the last few weeks to imagine. Let me know if you have any problems!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've experienced an issue which may be related to Soartex Modded today. I changed to the texture pack and logged onto my map. I then started placing a few teleport pipes. After moving I realized they had disappeared (were invisible but afaik physically still there because I could break the invisible block). Switching back to vanilla textures fixed the issue (but I had to replace the tubes to fix the textures). Is this a known issue or an anomaly?

Version Used: Technic 3.1.2/1.2.5

Mar1k: That doesn't sound like a problem with Soartex, but there have been some pipe based texture bugs that would affect how the held item looked (now fixed).

Smurfkiller, I don't bother making alpha versions. I just create textures and help other people create textures for a month or so, then the update comes once we've got a huge collection of new stuff. So... I'm probably too relaxed about it.

If you want to see what is going into the next version of the pack, just take a look around on soartex.net.

There is a version of Soartex Modded compatible with 1.3.2, by the way. If anyone is interested, let me know!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a great Texture pack. It brightens up just about everything, and is a fantastic change from sphax. If you were too lazy to merge the patch for tekkit, this pack contains the themed textures for just about everything. It's also an easy installation, just download and throw it in the textures folder, select it and you're good to go. This is one of the best texture packs out there, and a great alternative to sphax in tekkit.

Even if you want to stick with tekkit, just give it a try, it really mixes things up.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately, Technic/Tekkit isn't on the top of their list, so don't expect every mod to be supported. However, FTB will be the first to be fully supported, so at least if you want a fully supported (texture-wise) pack, then that's your best option for now. In fact, it should be available eventually within the FTB launcher.

• 1 month later...

Krosis123 and racing pro: Not really a necro post, I just broke the link today. I moved all files to a new soartex server, and since I usually use adfly everything gets redirected at once to the fixed link. I just forgot to fix this one until now. :/

I completely dedicated about two months to mod support, so an awful lot more will be textured now. Unfortunately, I'm not going to port it back to 1.2.5, so this will sit until Techkit catches up to everything else.

Thanks for keeping an eye on things racingpro.

EDIT: And dear lord is that header trashy. Lex vs. FC? I don't want to know...