Has anyone built a working Star Wars AT-AT yet?

It occurred to me that Redpower2 Frames/Control and IC2's Mining Laser (in a deployer) might make it possible to construct a quadrupedal battle walker with laser armanent - that is, an AT-AT.

Battlehothesb.JPG

This is contingent on mining lasers working from inside deployers (possibly not), and being able to design a self-propelling four-legged walker chassis (certainly doable with RP2 frames.)

I'm away on a work trip and only have the work laptop (with Intel integrated graphics; alas, it does not run Minecraft.) But does anyone want to give this a try? ;)

Frames are seriously cool, but not versatile enough for proper legs yet.

I have made a walking structure, It consisted of two leg sections with motors splitting it down the middle, allowing one leg to walk in front of the other.

I may experiment with conquering slopes, however. But there's no feasible way of automating that.

Nor is there a way of turning it around, yet.

{snip....}

I may experiment with conquering slopes, however. But there's no feasible way of automating that.

Nor is there a way of turning it around, yet.

It doesn't need to be fully automated. Requiring a driver to operate the controls is fine (the Star Wars AT-AT has two drivers, after all.)

It also needs a driver to fire the cannon, which is the entire idea, right? To rain destruction upon your enemies, to drive them before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women and children?