Help with Bukkit Plugin in Tekkit

Hello, I'm the Developer of the TreeAssist plugin. I've been getting many requests to make TreeAssist work with Tekkit, and I can't figure out what my issue is for the life of me.

The server throws this error whenever a player cuts down a tree, and kicks the player. When they rejoin, the plugin has run (seemingly) fine and the tree is cut down.

If anyone has any idea what could be causing this, common things to look for when making something tekkit compatible, or any other help, it would be much appreciated. Here is the whole class if anyone cares to see it.

• Forum Administrators

Going to move this to the modding section where you will probably get quicker assistance with this. I have no idea what's causing that sadly. I am sure someone else here will be able to help you though!

I did a little googling... someone reported this to you on a non-tekkit server and you determined the problem to be with ModLoaderMP? Or something to that effect?

Edit: And whatever it is, it apparently happens to people running timber too.

I did a little googling... someone reported this to you on a non-tekkit server and you determined the problem to be with ModLoaderMP? Or something to that effect?

Edit: And whatever it is, it apparently happens to people running timber too.

Could I get a link to that? I never remember saying that. Because that wouldn't cause a problem that I know of.

Ok, so this isn't just tekkit then. Best suggestion I have is to load up a bukkit server with one of the more base mods tekkit uses(and only that mod), forge perhaps, and see if it crashes. Try to narrow down the problem and all that.

I fixed it!

For those wondering how:

I noticed that the error didn't happen when I was in creative mode. So, "What's the difference between creative mode and survival?"...It doesn't drop the block! And the error message had to do with items. In normal bukkit, when the BreakBlock event ends and the block ID is now zero, there is no error. However, tekkit/external mods did not like this. So I added an event.setCancelled(true) onto the end of my blockBreak upon success and viola! Success!

• 4 weeks later...

Started playing around with this, getting it to work with mcmmo (had an older version of mcmmo, screwing up block break event passing).

Mein gott this is nice. Leaf destruction alone makes it well worth it.

One problem though, if you turn off tools required so mod axes work it'll eat a ruby axe in a single tree (latest version of course). Turn off damage for the whole tree amount as well and it works most of the time but still eats an axe occasionally. Haven't tried using a chainsaw yet, the fact the IC2 tools use the damage values as a visual charge display instead of actual use tallying might make things a wee bit weird.

This a tree assist bug, mcmmo bug, combination, or just me being an idiot?

• 2 months later...