[CUSTOM MODPACK][1.4.7] The Mining Dead [PvP] [30 slots] [OPEN] [Towny]

THE SERVER:

Web host: miningdead.enjin.com

Minecraft server address: z.theminingdead.com beta, z.theminingdead.com:25566 vanilla

30 slots

NOTE: THE SERVER ADDRESS HAS CHANGED. THE NEW 1.4.7 BETA SERVER IS NOW UP AND RUNNING AT Z.THEMININGDEAD.COM.

FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE 1.4.7 BETA, SEE: http://goo.gl/h1BMU

THE STORY:

The Outlands have been scorched and savaged by some unknown catastrophe; some say it was a nuclear war, or global warming; some blame a solar flare. Others simply accept the devastation as the just and rightful punishment of a God grown tired of humanity's hubris.

Regardless of the cause, the results are plain.

It's a barren, windswept, poisonous landscape; the city streets are choked with sand, the ruined buildings loom dark and forbidding, with no trace of life. The land is ravaged by merciless electrical storms and radioactive rainfall, which render the highest levels of technology useless, destroying the complicated circuits and wiring almost as soon as they're crafted.

No creatures can be found wandering the radioactive wastes, with the exception of the ghoulish, mutated beings known locally as the Mining Dead.

Despite these obstacles, some still cling to what could almost be called a "life" in the Outlands. These unfortunate individuals stubbornly defy the undead, Nature, and possibly even God himself for reasons known only to themselves. Some may be there searching for family, for friends lost to the wastes. Some are fools, and traveled to this desert for treasure and riches.

A few even dream of using technology to bring the Outlands back to life. They imagine a world where children can once again play under the shade of a green tree, and run barefoot through green grass.

They dream of a world where the screams of the dying and the moaning of the mining dead are replaced with the singing of a bird and the sound of fresh, flowing water.

THE PICTURES:

The Frontier town of Avarice:

The Outlands town of Survivor's Sanctuary:

The Nether:

THE PLUGINS:

mcmmo, Shopkeepers, lockette, worldguard, Towny, custom build of Cityworld world gen.

THE MODS:

Cogs of the Machine

Buildcraft

Applied Energistics

Computercraft

CustomNPCs

THE RULES:

No cursing.

No advertising other servers publicly or via any other server-based messaging system; I'll know, trust me. I read EVERYTHING.

No structures, art, factory layouts, player skins, or etc. which form, are composed of, or spell generally offensive symbols, pictures, or words. This includes you, Mr. "Giant P***s Sign Near Spawn" and you too, Mr. "My solar flowers just co-incidentally spell "F*CK", and this especially applies to you, Mr. "Adolf Hitler Minecraft Skin."

THE NEW PLAYER TWENTY SECOND GUIDE:

• You make money by killing zombies. You rank up by killing zombies. Use /zkills for information on your current kill count, and kills necessary for advancement.
  • /home, /sethome, /spawn, /town spawn, /help, /motd, /rules, and /money should be self explanatory. If not, read the web page.
  • In the Outlands you can claim a survival kit via "/kit"
  • THERE ARE A LOT OF ZOMBIES AT NIGHT. IF IT'S GETTING DARK, FIND SHELTER.
  • If you see a flash in the sky, FIND SHELTER IMMEDIATELY.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty awesome server. Once you learn how to handle the swarms of zombies, this place polishes into a nice little gem of a server. It's quickly become my favorite place to be.

It's got a unique ore generation system that changes up what you know about mining.

Plus, hunt for buried treasure, with loot ranging from precious gems to IC2 machine parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Was a lot of fun, but wish I'd have known it was one death and you're gone. I got mobbed by about 12 zombies, died, and suddenly I'm slowed, can't use tools, and in a room with a door I can't open. Great, I'm a zombie, I get it. But it sure limits how many people will ever be playing here.

Fun concepts, loved the limitations and the hunt for chests. Was very frustrated finding out that was the end of my playtime. Please get rid of that 'feature'.

• 2 weeks later...

Was a lot of fun, but wish I'd have known it was one death and you're gone. I got mobbed by about 12 zombies, died, and suddenly I'm slowed, can't use tools, and in a room with a door I can't open. Great, I'm a zombie, I get it. But it sure limits how many people will ever be playing here.

Fun concepts, loved the limitations and the hunt for chests. Was very frustrated finding out that was the end of my playtime. Please get rid of that 'feature'.

Sorry you had an issue. That feature was inadvertantly enabled and reverted soon afterwards.

I've got some pretty major announcements regarding "The Mining Dead" as of August 5th, and will be updating the server post shortly.

We've moved to new hardware which should significantly improve user experience and server performance.

The new server address is "z.theminingdead.com"

I've deployed two new Towny-enabled worlds, Frontier and Outlands.

If you've played any of the Fallout games, you'll be right at home in the Outlands (although the average life expectancy is very, very short), and Frontier is THE place to be for a simple mining and crafting life...

Protection Stones is being phased out in favor of Towny.

Special zombie attacks have been added!

Also, watch this thread for an announcement regarding The Mining Dead: Apocalypse, a hardcore/griefing post-apocalyptic nightmare world...

hmmm when will the server update to 3.1.2?? im getting tired of switching between versions of tekkit and replacing all mod textures over and over (i dont like the default textures of the mod so i use Sphax)

hope my boats and stuff will be safe if the server ever gets rid of precious stone and get towny instead

3.0.4 can be selected under "Options" in the launcher.

The server will upgrade to 3.1.2 once it's the recommended version in the launcher.

Also, towny and Protectionstones are working perfectly well side-by-side, I don't anticipate removing existing protectionstones any time soon, although the ability to remove or place stones is disabled.

Can't seem to login on ANY of the tekkit versions, says im missing mods.

It's really frustrating and i want to know what i'm doing wrong.

This is the error i get on my newly updated tekkit.

EDIT: Fast reply's? lol

It's just standard tekkit server 3.0.4 currently. Feel free to try again once maintenance is completed!

It's just standard tekkit server 3.0.4 currently. Feel free to try again once maintenance is completed!

3.0.4 does NOT exist on the tekkit list, and as another dude said earlier on, use 3.0.3? i just get a really long list of mods i miss. I've tryed to join for almost 3 hours straight...

3.0.4 does NOT exist on the tekkit list, and as another dude said earlier on, use 3.0.3? i just get a really long list of mods i miss. I've tryed to join for almost 3 hours straight...

Tekkit server 3.0.4 is what it's running. Client 3.0.3 should work. I had 20 people on most of the day yesterday, so I can't think the problem is server-side.

In any event it'll be 3.1.2 today.

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons