[CUSTOM MODPACK][1.4.7] The Mining Dead [PvP] [30 slots] [OPEN] [Towny]

Update 9/19: BE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

MAJOR changes. The Outlands is now experiencing a drought; as you play, your /thirst level decreases, and must be replenished with water bottles, water buckets, or water cells. If you're sufficiently desperate you can try to squeeze some moisture out of a cactus...

The affects of dehydration can be pretty severe, including dropping equipped items when attacking, collapsing from exhaustion, etc.

I've also added a few truly NASTY surprises to keep low-light players on their toes; I'd recommend keeping your home and mining areas as bright as you can afford...

Medieval world spawn has been moved to a rather nice town one hundred blocks north of the old quick-and-dirty spawn.

This should be the last major update prior to the Halloween events, which are already in progress...

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New radiation system added in debug state; no damage being applied yet. Use /rads to see debug output on current radiation levels and chance for damage.

I also added a little treat, /jukebox, which lets you play the in-game records. The command is pretty self-explanatory.

The thing I most like about this server is that it isn't static. New challenges in outlands, events, a new world for people that like the classic minecraft world for doing tekkit stuff, and now radioactive zombies! I can fight like hell to scatch a living out of the nuclear wasteland, and then go chill in the normal world and build a castle with my kids.

That,and skuli hates lag with a passion. I like servers with no lag.

This looks really rad, a bunch of us have been itching for a server like this. Cheap's checking it out now and I'll get on later.

Are there any rules about building? With such a finely crafted world with ruins and stuff I hope there's some basic aesthetic rules/guidelines. I love the idea that the world is actually hostile/dangerous. Zombies present one danger, but radiation and acid rain and stuff present another. Looking forward to a hardcore survival experience!

PS what's it take to start a town?

This looks really rad, a bunch of us have been itching for a server like this. Cheap's checking it out now and I'll get on later.

Are there any rules about building? With such a finely crafted world with ruins and stuff I hope there's some basic aesthetic rules/guidelines. I love the idea that the world is actually hostile/dangerous. Zombies present one danger, but radiation and acid rain and stuff present another. Looking forward to a hardcore survival experience!

PS what's it take to start a town?

Hiya,

Glad to see you like the difficulty, that's my favorite part of the server, having to work to achieve anything.

The server uses Towney for it's town system. While you can start a town in Medieval or Frontier worlds just by paying a small fee, in Outlands you need to achieve the rank of Sargeant to start your own town. Typing /zkills will give you your score, and what it takes for the next level. Zombies in Outlands count for 4, but only 1 in the other worlds. Sargeant is a score of 5k, or 1250 zombies dead at your hands.

I'm like you a bit that I like the Aesthetics of the theme. The zombies seem to help with that, forcing a sort of fortress/madmax mentality on people. I started a city after being on the server for a bit, and decided to go with a bit of a techno look for an enclosed enclave. The city is in a cross shape with a central tower heading to level 200 and the large arrays of windpower. All the roofs are glass domes, to lend a sealed' look to things. Feel free to stare greedily through the windows at the greenery. I recently added a walled village where some new arrivals can live, after we've hosed them off and decontaminated them. After it fills, it will get sealed off with a dome, and we'll open another village. But it goes so slow, many of the poor wretches we take in are infected and have to be 'cleansed'. For the greater good of humanity.

For a treat, head out past 2500 to the NW, the outer-outlands become vastly more chaotic, due to some horrible bomb that was dropped, or maybe the effects of the nether. The nether in outlands is also....different. Not what you are going to expect at all.

Looks like the problem happened again? Similar to what happened before I suppose, last message I received, was for a player logging off, then, connection lost.

I hope this won't be a regular issue :/

It's a MossyCobble provider issue. I can't get into the control panel either.

Server should be back up.

If z.theminingdead.com doesn't work you can try 216.144.240.247.

Skuli i didnt know how to type seomthing so i hit reply on this but

i have a issue i would like to state a case cola/sl009 were band for greifing in outlands they were buying lots and robbign them clean basicly according to the rules on the webiste

if a greifer is member of your town or is freinded to your plot it will be considerd a INTERNAL TOWN ISSUE any admins will not interfere those are your exact words but

if someone has bought a plot and they greif it isnt tht allowed according to the rules its technicly a internal town issue or the person who had the plot befores issue.Dont u agree

as well cola5357 and sl009 didnt get a warning and got straight perm band tthey shouldve got a temp ban i would expect because it was on THERE LAND which they OWNED so i would think thats allowed accodign to the RULES. But as well the rules say basicly it says almost anythig wrong will reult in imediate temp ban or warning as well ive heard u say yourself on the server temp ban first perm ban second please take this matter to considertation.

Sling, Mik and I have discussed it, and came to a decision.

Going to ignore the fact that the pair of banned players, used alt accounts to return, and those accounts have been identified, and nullified.

cola5357: Is now on a temp ban, with 2 days remaining. He's been known to have been looking for ways to loot Solitude, and surely had some hint that what he was doing was frowned upon.

sl009: Still perma'd. Bypassing LWC chest protections is the main reason. Having recently returned, and having been told the new rules for Outlands, he chose to bypass and break them.

To all players: Keep in mind, the rules we list, are guidelines for you to obey and follow. Not all situations permit us to grant extra chances to those that claim ignorance.

Sling, Mik and I have discussed it, and came to a decision.

Going to ignore the fact that the pair of banned players, used alt accounts to return, and those accounts have been identified, and nullified.

cola5357: Is now on a temp ban, with 2 days remaining. He's been known to have been looking for ways to loot Solitude, and surely had some hint that what he was doing was frowned upon.

sl009: Still perma'd. Bypassing LWC chest protections is the main reason. Having recently returned, and having been told the new rules for Outlands, he chose to bypass and break them.

To all players: Keep in mind, the rules we list, are guidelines for you to obey and follow. Not all situations permit us to grant extra chances to those that claim ignorance.

Well honestly i didnt think id get in trouble for bypassing the LWC for Other peoples chests in My own lots. i hate the idea that i cant come back to the server.

Well, they weren't your lots originally. They were only up for sale, due to an unforseen side effect from deleting inactive player info from towny. It'd be one thing, if someone randomly put a locked chest onto a plot you had owned previously. But, that didn't happen.

That still does not justify a ban, The lots were up for grabs and i took advantage of this and bought them. when i asked if the chests could be removed i was told that mods do not have the permissions to remove them, so i assumed that i would not get in trouble if i drained the items out of them. as far as i was concerned i had access to the chests and lots so the land and the items on them were considered mine. if after a period of inactivity the lot is up for grabs then it is assumed they forfeit their claim on the lot which includes the chests.

i want an explanation why my 2 brothers and my friend were banned they did nothing but ask why others were banned and if anything i shall take there punishment and get perm banned allowing edd_dude and jpl521 to be unbanned

another thing is whoever said i had a fucking hack client is dumbass

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons