Need help on mods to disable

I was wondering if someone could give me a list of all the mods that tekkit/technic has that are unnecessary, I would like it to run faster but I just cant do it.

On a side not why is it that when I look up in the sky is it SUPER FAST!

Usually in vanilla minecraft I get 60fps no lower but in technic and tekkit I have super slow fps unless I look up in the sky

Get bettar comp lol

Nah, best solution is to turn all of the settings within Optifine right down, including the animations.

The only things that will primarily cause lag in Tekkit are the core mods.

That's why I asked what mods to disable....

I do not know what the core mods are and asked for all the mods that are unnecessary.

Unneccessary for what?

Do you want to build nukes? IC2 is required.

Do you want to refine oil? BC2 is required.

Do you want to make complex redstone circuits? RP2 is required?

Do you want to produce diamonds from other stuff? EE is required.

Do you want to create a full service minecart network? RailCraft is required.

Unneccessary for what?

Do you want to build nukes? IC2 is required.

Do you want to refine oil? BC2 is required.

Do you want to make complex redstone circuits? RP2 is required?

Do you want to produce diamonds from other stuff? EE is required.

Do you want to create a full service minecart network? RailCraft is required.

I already tried to disable IC2 but then it stopped working.

I guess I have a related question - is there a canonical dependency graph for all of the mods? What might break if I remove buildcraft?

Furthermore, can I just start deleting archives from my mods folder - i.e. if I didn't want to include buildcraft. Not sure what is meant in this thread by "disable mod"

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Rules of politeness have little to do with common sense.

If a thread's been dormant for a good three months, one may assume it's dead. As in, there's little to add to it, unless the post you're adding suddenly cures cancer, or something.

If this is the second time you've had to clarify you're new and don't know the rules, then maybe it's time to learn how to restrain yourself from clicking the "reply" button and go and read the rules first.

But what do I know? I'm fairly new too.

Rules of politeness have little to do with common sense.

If a thread's been dormant for a good three months, one may assume it's dead. As in, there's little to add to it, unless the post you're adding suddenly cures cancer, or something.

If this is the second time you've had to clarify you're new and don't know the rules, then maybe it's time to learn how to restrain yourself from clicking the "reply" button and go and read the rules first.

But what do I know? I'm fairly new too.

To be fair I just scolded him twice within minutes for something he did twice within minutes - before he could have possibly responded to the first one.

Anyways,

thx i didnt even know there was a page with the rules... is me posting this considered braking the rules?

Oh good Guthix, read this. It's under MANDATORY READING, and it's the only thread in there. And in the future, make a point to read anything at the top of any forum with a little push-pin symbol next to it.

And now to let the thread die forever. :) RIP little zombie thread.