How to get working directory of technic pack folder within a mod?

jakj

Question

I'm trying to make a mod, and I'm trying to create a text file as a log file to help me develop it, but if I set the .techniclauncher/technicssp folder to be not read-only, the launcher just makes it read-only again, so I'm not able to create the file.

How can I disable this behaviour?

EDIT: Seems the problem is actually that the working directory is set not to the technicssp folder but to the directory the launcher is in. I need to find a way to get the path to the minecraft folder so I can read multiple mods' config files there.

EDIT AGAIN: For the edification of future generations, here's some code that works. I don't like that this is rather a hack, but it may actually be the most portable and reliable way to do it cross-OS. (Thank you, StackExchange.)

import java.net.URLDecoder ;

public class mod_Whatever extends BaseMod

{

public static String BaseWorkingPath ;

@Override

public void load ( )

{

try

{

BaseWorkingPath = net.minecraft.client.Minecraft . class . getProtectionDomain ( ) . getCodeSource ( ) . getLocation ( ) . getPath ( ) ;

BaseWorkingPath = URLDecoder . decode ( BaseWorkingPath , "UTF-8" ) ;

BaseWorkingPath = BaseWorkingPath . substring ( 0 , BaseWorkingPath . lastIndexOf ( '/' ) ) ;

BaseWorkingPath = BaseWorkingPath . substring ( 0 , BaseWorkingPath . lastIndexOf ( '/' ) + 1 ) ;

}

catch ( UnsupportedEncodingException e )

{

e . printStackTrace ( ) ;

}

}

}

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet