What's worst, "Download Failed" or bug after Mojang screen?

Silentdragun

Question

Title: What's worst, "Download Failed" or bug after Mojang screen?

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: Java 7 64 bit

Description of Problem:

I have recently started to try to get into Tekkit so I could play with some friends, so I downloaded the Technic Pack Launcher and tried to download the Tekkit mod. I say "tried", because every so often through the download of the mod it stops downloading and after a while it says "Download Failed". Being arrogant, I kept trying to download it again.

After several tries of downloading it, the downloading stopped and in a separate window the Mojang logo appeared. After several seconds I lost hope, as the the screen was replaced with a bug report/log.

So that I make this mass of text clear, I was wondering if anyone could come up with a solution to either of these issues. (Sorry for this, but I could not get the bug report/log as it closed and now when I try I again get the "Download Failed" message.)

Error Messages:

Error Log:

8 answers to this question

What AV do you use? 9 times out of 10 here, its your AV making a fuss over the Launcher. Also a little hint, copy and paste error reports like that into a .txt file before you close the crashed Minecraft, so you can post them here. They really help in troubleshooting problems.

What AV do you use? 9 times out of 10 here, its your AV making a fuss over the Launcher. Also a little hint, copy and paste error reports like that into a .txt file before you close the crashed Minecraft, so you can post them here. They really help in troubleshooting problems.

My AV is AVG, but after looking at forum posts I turned it off for the download. It helped but did not solve the issue (By the way, it is not my internet).

Try deleting your .techniclauncher folder and redownloading the Launcher. Yes, its a bit of a crude fix-all, but it usually helps to start fresh. Where exactly does it fail in the Download?

Sorry for seeming like a brick wall but I have tried to delete and redownload the launcher, but it still has the same result. For the question, there is no specific place, it just stops randomly.

Did you Delete the .techniclauncher folder as well? The only other thing I can think of short of switching AVs is to completely disable AVG temporarily while you try to download Tekkit. The other thing would be are you on a Wired or Wireless connection?

Did you Delete the .techniclauncher folder as well? The only other thing I can think of short of switching AVs is to completely disable AVG temporarily while you try to download Tekkit. The other thing would be are you on a Wired or Wireless connection?

As far as I know, yes I have deleted the folder (some guidance on that would be appreciated) and I have attempted to download it with AVG temporarily disabled, but with no luck. I have also tried switching between wired and wireless connections (wired granting further downloads without reaching the Download Failed message).

Okay, I know this is the second reply to this message, but you gave me the idea of going mad with my AV and now it works! Unfortunately I cannot say how I did this (even know it included COMPLETELY disabling AVG), because I messed around a lot. If there is any way of me helping you (Like increasing your karma (or what ever system is used in this forums)), message me back. Thank you again and now this thread is closed.