Update Failed?!

Moogle_Maker

Question

Launcher Version: EXE 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 7 64Bit processor

Java Version: Whats On the front page of the site (64Bit)

Antivirus Program: I load up the launcher and i press login and it syas update failed. I have MSE AV and have taken lots of advice from other forums, but cant get it to work. I checked the launcher folder and the tekkit folders (like the bin) are all empty! Plz Help

Description of Problem:

I load up the launcher and i press login and it syas update failed. I have MSE AV and have taken lots of advice from other forums, but cant get it to work. I checked the launcher folder and the tekkit folders (like the bin) are all empty! Plz Help

Error Messages:

Update failed

Error Log:

[17:40:59] [sEVERE]	Starting download of 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/hackslashmine/resources/logo.png', with 3 trie(s) remaining

[17:40:59] [sEVERE]	Starting download of 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/hackslashmine/resources/icon.png', with 3 trie(s) remaining

[17:40:59] [sEVERE]	Copying: \temp\file2822267937601093431.tmp to: \launcher\hackslashmine\resources\favicon.png

[17:40:59] [sEVERE]	File Downloaded: \launcher\hackslashmine\resources\favicon.png

[17:41:03] [sEVERE]	Copying: \temp\file1544399163085420501.tmp to: \launcher\hackslashmine\resources\icon.png

[17:41:03] [sEVERE]	File Downloaded: \launcher\hackslashmine\resources\icon.png

[17:41:04] [sEVERE]	Copying: \temp\file8503695688017690411.tmp to: \launcher\hackslashmine\resources\logo.png

[17:41:04] [sEVERE]	File Downloaded: \launcher\hackslashmine\resources\logo.png

[17:41:04] [sEVERE]	[MD5 Mismatch] File '\launcher\tekkit\modpack.yml' has md5 of '988cd750cad0c58e77bf2437b6f1f3b9' instead of '1b40ec4a42ec16ecf5407bb6e418c9ba'

[17:41:04] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'modpack.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/tekkit/modpack.yml'.

[17:41:06] [sEVERE]	[info] Downloading 'minecraft.yml' from 'http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/minecraft.yml'.

[17:41:24] [sEVERE]	Starting download of minecraft, with 3 trie(s) remaining

[17:41:24] [sEVERE]	java.lang.Exception: Unable to download file

[17:41:24] [sEVERE]		at 

This is only a chunk

19 answers to this question

Well sorry to be an idiot but im not very tech savy and dont know how to do that. A little help would be appreciated.

Sure thing mate.

Basically you open your firewall options and add the Program to the exceptions.^

So this is how you do it,

Since you are using Microsoft AV you are using the Windows default firewall.

here is a simple guide that explains the hole process

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/542-windows-firewall-add-remove-exception.htmlThe link is there because Im to lazy to write it a guide right now

I hope it helps

Sorry for the late answer

I know this doesn't help much, but a similar problem happened on an earlier change to the launcher. I can't remember when, I think it was around March I believe. Some people were having Update Failed issues. As of now my friend is having a similar problem, but I am not, so it's selective. Fortumately, the Technic team had solved the issue last time. Not sure if the mirror performance adjustment has anything to do with it, but it might be related.

i have the same problem and tried the firewall thing but it didnt work because it a jar file.

Its works for every file/software that requires use of the internet, if you tell me It didn't work I believe, but because of a jar file no its impossible not working, its goes against everything you learn can learn about networks.

The firewall is a gate away to your computer, it control's everything that goes out and inn In order to prevent attacks and such meaning it works for everything. Literally

I know this doesn't help much, but a similar problem happened on an earlier change to the launcher. I can't remember when, I think it was around March I believe. Some people were having Update Failed issues. As of now my friend is having a similar problem, but I am not, so it's selective. Fortumately, the Technic team had solved the issue last time. Not sure if the mirror performance adjustment has anything to do with it, but it might be related.

Probs is thanks to some error in the launchers code I guess

The Mirror theory also can work

i got a problem too if i try to download any of them the download starts and suddely stops at a random % then after a while it ses next to the number and % Download failed this happend after i installed java 7 Please Help!