middle mouse button crashes minecraft while in the main menu

xerogabe106

Question

Title: middle mouse button crashes minecraft while in the main menu

Version: 3.0.3/3.0.4

Java Version: Java 7 64bit (build 1.7.0-b147)

Description of Problem:

At the title screen (MINECRAFT: Singleplayer, multiplayer, texture packs, etc) if I press the middle mouse button it will crash. It goes to a brown dirt screen and then goes to a white screen.

The crash will happen when the middle mouse button is pressed in the submenus. So it will crash in options, texture packs and in server selection screen, anywhere. Once a world is loaded and ESC is pressed the game will not crash anymore. So if im on a server and go into options I can press the middle mouse button and it wont crash.

I tried to unbind the middle mouse button (which is block selection by default) but that didn't help or change anything. Still crashes regardless.

MMB is my push to talk button for ventrilo, so I thought maybe ventrilo was causing a conflict, but it still happened when vent was shut off.

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

http://pastebin.com/RCNHq67a

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]     java.lang.NullPointerException

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]             at InvTweaksObfuscation.getPlayerContainer(InvTweaksObfuscation.java:78)

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]             at InvTweaksContainerManager.<init>(InvTweaksContainerManager.java:50)

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]             at InvTweaks.handleMiddleClick(InvTweaks.java:461)

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]             at InvTweaks.onTickInGUI(InvTweaks.java:126)

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]             at mod_InvTweaks.onTickInGUI(mod_InvTweaks.java:68)

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]             at ModLoader.onTick(ModLoader.java:1112)

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]             at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:22)

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]             at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(Minecraft.java:869)

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]             at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:747)

[04:03:58] [sEVERE]             at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

5 answers to this question

Well easy fix there. Do not use your middle mouse buttons in the menu. Just do not say anything whilst your starting minecraft. Have you tried it with vanilla Minecraft? If it bugs out there it is a vanilla bug.

Thats not a fix. Thats like pulling out the dashboard fuse so the "check engine" light goes away. Whether or not I ignore it does not make the bug any less of a bug.

The bug does not exist in vanilla, only tekkit.

Ahh okay, seeing this line : [04:03:58] [sEVERE] at InvTweaksObfuscation.getPlayerContainer(InvTweaksObfuscation.java:78) I think it is Inventory tweaks responding to it.

It is already submitted at the mod makers github. https://github.com/mkalam-alami/inventory-tweaks/issues/234

It will be fixed in the next milestone probably around 1.3

Thanks