Need help getting technic to run properly.

You have a laptop. That means it probably doesn't see Minecraft as something that needs accelerated with the actual graphics card, and it's running on integrated graphics. The NVIDIA Control Panel will let you fix that, if you have an nVidia card. Oh, and next time post in the right section.

You have a laptop. That means it probably doesn't see Minecraft as something that needs accelerated with the actual graphics card, and it's running on integrated graphics. The NVIDIA Control Panel will let you fix that, if you have an nVidia card. Oh, and next time post in the right section.

Torezu is right. My wifes laptop had the same issue. I looked at the graphics card monitor and noticed it was not using the nvidia card. I went in to the settings and changed it, and voila! Problem solved.

Also, make sure if you have a 64 bit OS that you have both 64 and 32 bit versions of Java 7 installed.

Oh, and yeah, I noticed the technic bit in the title but I am new and not a mod so am not authorised to tell you to post in the right section :)

I am...not a mod so am not authorised to tell you to post in the right section :)

You are, in fact, authorized. What you can't do is threaten or punish him for not doing so. Which, conveniently, I can. :)

OP: Consider yourself threatened. :twisted:

• 3 weeks later...

I have a friend who is having the same issues as we speak, how did you guys solve this problem so I can relay instructions to her?

Errr, the problem was solved in the second post, you just zombified a 3-week-old thread, and you didn't post a bug report. How do you think this is going to go?

Errr, the problem was solved in the second post, you just zombified a 3-week-old thread, and you didn't post a bug report. How do you think this is going to go?

Its not a bug, its a new laptop which she isn't familiar with. I was looking for detailed info as to tweak the nvidia control panel (which I should have further clarified).

Its not a bug, its a new laptop which she isn't familiar with. I was looking for detailed info as to tweak the nvidia control panel (which I should have further clarified).

Ah, yes, that would have been good to say. Still, this was the wrong place for that...I'd have started a new thread. Anyway: NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3d Settings > Global Settings tab > Pick NVIDIA as preferred processor, Program Settings tab > add Java, Minecraft, and the launcher, and select the NVIDIA processor for those as well.

• 3 months later...

MAJOR EDIT---------------------------------------

[sOLVED]

Updated my graphics and physx drivers. apparently my physX install was broken. weird that it didn't affect any other games. Now i'm running extreme draw distance with 35 fps.

:P

Thanks for Rubber duck programming with me Tekkit forums! XD

Okay. My privileges dont allow me to make a new thread. so I'm responding to this one. apologies in advance for necroing this thing, but I don't know where else to go.

I have an alien ware laptop too, and have the same problem, integrated graphics not working amazingly. BUT!! when I run tekkit with my nvidia card or set java.exe or javaw.exe to Nvidia graphics card in the control panel Every 10 to 15 seconds my game drops to ZERO fps for a second. I have no idea what to do and there are no posts that I've been able to find with hours of googling to help me.

I'm playing on SMP by the way. I want to get it running on my nvidia card since with integrated I can only get above 20 fps if I set the render distance to short.... which takes alot of the spectacle-induced joy out of this game

Edit: running latest java 7 with both 64 and 32 bit installed. Yes I had this problem before I updated from java 6. And I uninstalled java 6, so that's not the problem.

Edit 2: I don't have anything resembling this problem with other games.

Edit 3: Just let the menu idle for a while, it even drops to 0 FPS in the menu. No it's not my computer freezing. I'm typing this in one window while seeing my tekkit freeze and unfreeeze repeatedly in the other