Lost my machines/stuff after updating.

Rippo

Question

Launcher Version: Latest (1.0.1.3)

Operating System: Windows 7

Java Version: Version 7 update 5 (64 bit)

Antivirus Program: -

Description of Problem:

When I started up the Technic Launcher this morning it updated itself. No problem at all. But when I loaded my single player world (Technic SSP) it asked if I wanted to update, which I did. When my world was done loading I saw that all my machines and stuff were gone! Even the walls of my house. And all my the finished quarry's were filled up. This is a single player world, so nobody else could have done it. It all worked fine before I updated. Please help, I don't want to start all over after all the time I put in.

Error Messages:

-

Error Log:

-

12 answers to this question

Update:

It seems that Technic SSP is not working properly. Because when I put my Technic SSP save between the Tekkit saves and play it, all my machines/stuff are still there. Problem now is that Tekkit is for multi player only and so my game crashes after a minute. So help is still needed to solve this problem.

BTW: Is there anybody having the same problems I do?

BTW: Is there anybody having the same problems I do?

There are a few people with this problem. It would seem all of them failed to read that the 7.2 Technic versions are not backwards compatible. Your world is gone unless you have a backup, and backdate your client.

And which build should I choose? I don't know which one I had.

If it was the old Recommended Build, with Thaumcraft 1, it was 6.0.7. If it was the newest dev build before 7.2, it was probably 7.1.0 - if neither of those work, you may be out of luck.

This happend to me too! all my stuff is gone!! How do I get it back? I am really mad.

Backdate your copy of Technic to whatever you were using, and load your world backup? You're mad? Mod packs for Minecraft are not like other computer games. Updates usually break worlds.

Torezu whoa, slow down a little. This mod launcher automatically updates with NO warning, then game silently corrupt saves (no auto-backup btw) and you say that this is OK?

I'm a software developer, and all i can say: this is the most shitlord coding ever.

UPD: there IS an auto-backup. This helps me: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/missing-blocks-after-update.17612/#post-130682

Torezu whoa, slow down a little. This mod launcher automatically updates with NO warning, then game silently corrupt saves (no auto-backup btw) and you say that this is OK?

I'm a software developer, and all i can say: this is the most shitlord coding ever.

Negative. I have never had the launcher update without asking. Also, it does do an auto-backup. I'm not sure what all the crap is about. I misspoke up above...everyone has a backup - it just may be old if you updated some time ago and, say, started a new world to try some things out, enough so that you'd rather start a new one.

I have tried to use the old versions but ran into some problems:

With 6.0.7 it tried to launch but said at 90%: Update failed! So I couldn't even launch.

With 7.1.0 it fired up nicely but when I tried to load the world it gave me a message like this:

IC2 detected an ID conflict between your IC2.cfg and the map you are trying to load

Map: New World

Config section: block

Config entry: blockNuke

Config value: 237

Map value: 2391

Adjust your config to match the IDs used by the map or convert your map to use the IDs specified in the config.

Any Idea how to fix these problems?

Okee, I've got some good news and more bad news:

The good news is that when I turn my Technic SSP world (backup version) into an Tekkit world all my stuff and machines are there and it all seems to work fine.

Bad news is that I can only play for like 10 - 30 seconds before the game crashes whith the famous White Screen Crash. Sometimes it gives the error meggage: Java Platform SE Binery Not Responding.

Any solution for this problem?