My Technic Launcher Freezes On Logo

liam1226

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1

Operating System: 32 bit windows vista hope premium

Java Version: 7 (36 bit)

Antivirus Program: talktalk

Description of Problem:

When i open technic launcher it gets stuck on a logo and i cant close it i have tried opening .jar instead and removing + re installing technic launcher and java i have 32 bit java and it is java 7 have tried with firewall turned off still dosent work please help

Error Messages:

Error Log:

[19:06:15] [sEVERE]	------------------------------------------

[19:06:15] [sEVERE]	Launcher is starting....

[19:06:15] [sEVERE]	Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[19:06:15] [sEVERE]	Allocated 989.875 Mb of RAM

[19:06:15] [sEVERE]	Java VM: '1.7.0_05-b06'

[19:06:15] [sEVERE]	OS Version: '6.0'

[19:06:15] [sEVERE]	Is 64-bit: 'false'

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]	java.lang.NullPointerException

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:30)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:76)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MD5Utils.updateMD5Cache(MD5Utils.java:71)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:360)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]	All mirrors failed, reverting to default

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:30)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:76)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:45)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadRelativeYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:24)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.updateModPacksYMLCache(ModPackListYML.java:82)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getConfig(ModPackListYML.java:72)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getModPacks(ModPackListYML.java:108)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.<clinit>(ModPackListYML.java:60)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:361)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]	All mirrors failed, reverting to default

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]	Exception in thread "main" 

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[19:06:16] [sEVERE]		at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

Hey. Guys. Over here. Even the 3.0.4 server is still available, and you can backdate your Tekkit client all the way to at least 2.1.0 if you can find a server that's running it. What's the issue? Oh, right, one bug report and then a chorus of "Me too! Me too! No one's answering!"

News flash: if you can't get this one to work, it's unlikely anything's going to work for you. Make sure you have your Java install straight, a brand new launcher and new install of Tekkit, and you're version-matching the server. Then post your own separate bug reports.

OP: You have a download failure, which is caused by either an antivirus or a firewall, and sometimes by a crappy internet connection. Is your antivirus really "talktalk" and if so, what is that? If not, what is it?

Nope i took down my firewall wile opening it but i havent downloaded it with my anti virus off ill try that now...

Just tried that still same problem

i have also checked my anti virus to see if it is allwoing it to run or denying it is on allow so dont think it has anything to do with my anti virus

Then I'm stumped. You could try uninstalling your AV, as some of them have been known to interfere even when they're not running (AVG in particular), and yours may be similar. Oh, and stop triple-posting - there's an edit button you can use. I have post-merged yours.

this issue is about memory usige the launcher doesn't have enough memory if you allocat it more memory it should work

Huh? It's not downloading - this has nothing to do with memory use. Stop spouting crap.

I've got 333gb free??

That's hard drive space.

So what do you suggest we do Torezu? Just wait? Actually, if possible, Could you give us an Instruction on how to Downgrade?

Downgrading is accomplished by going into Options in the launcher, doing a Clear Cache, and changing the version number. It really is that easy. I'd make a complete folder backup before you do it, of course. For you, I'm having trouble believe you have the exact same system and antivirus...so what's yours? It could be interfering with your download.

I have Microsoft Security essentials.. Because I couldn't be bothered to download a better one, I exited the Anti-Virus with Task manager, and Re-downloaded the Tekkit server and Launcher, and Still no Hope. and I Can't get into the Launcher, because of the Freezing banner, is there another way to do it? Because I've tried running the .jar, De-activating my Anti-virus, and Re-installing Java and the files, So I believe I can't accomplish anything at the moment, due to my lack of knowledge. Thank you for your time.

Indeed I do, But it was never a problem before, with the Anti-virus and Firewall running. /shrug, I think it's a java problem, but I've got the 32-bit version, As stated in my system, Should I try Re-downloading it all without them running?