[SOLUTION] Fix to Launcher hanging at the Splash Screen

LucidLynx

Question

Launcher Version: Latest

Operating System: Ubuntu 12 LTS

Java Version: Java 1.7.0_4

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

Earlier today, I ran into a problem were my launcher wouldn't start, it just hung at the technic splash screen.

Heres how I fixed it:

`1: Navigate to .techniclauncher/logs

2: Delete the latest log.

The problem is because the launcher cannot read/write to the latest log because it was corrupted.

I tried to read the log myself to see what the problem was, I was going to post a bug report about it, but it was corrupted and my text edittor couldn't read it. But it could read the other logs. So I deleted that log and started the launcher again.

Fixed. ;)

Error Messages:

Error Log:

2 answers to this question

I think you were having a separate issue then. Deleting a log shouldn't matter at all, and even if it did, my friend deleted logs to rerun the launcher to see if the exact same log would generate when it froze on the splash screen. It did, multiple times.

I think you were having a separate issue then. Deleting a log shouldn't matter at all, and even if it did, my friend deleted logs to rerun the launcher to see if the exact same log would generate when it froze on the splash screen. It did, multiple times.

Remember. I said I was on Linux. Linux can sometimes have permission problems on specific files. If the file has no permissions to be written on, then it wont work.