Tekkit wants me to open it with another file

Owenmo

Question

Launcher Version: 10.1.3

Operating System: Win 7

Java Version: Java 7 update 5

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

I just downloaded the Technic launcher from the website, but when i went to open it it prompted me to open it with another program, the icon is also a white page, sorry if I submitted this wrong, first post

Error Messages:

Error Log:

9 answers to this question

OK, I went to the Technic pack website, downloaded the file, and the icon was a black page, i thought that that was weird but opened it anyway, but when i opened it, it gave me the unknown file and asked me if i wanted to open it using a program on my computer, or use a web service. I thought that it was my java so i updated it and got the same message, then i updated my java RE and i still got the same thing, I don't think i'm missing a program or anything, but like you said it could be the download, so i got a copy of a friends working Technic launcher, but i still got a blank icon with the same prompt (I will post pics, but what of?)

I used Firefox to download it, and i downloaded the .exe launcher

In that case, try the .jar instead. There are reasons to be concerned if an executable is showing up with a blank icon, though, the most harmless of which is a bad download. It could be graphical, a virus, or a few other reasons.