Launcher - Flashes then disappears/ JAR - Command box flashes then disappears

nrm123

Question

Launcher Version: Latest

Operating System: WIndows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Java Version: 7u5 64bit

Antivirus Program: Norton 2011/2012 (tried it with no AV still didnt work)

Description of Problem:

Ive tried all of the fixes seen in other threads, ive checked the fixes in the official page and none work. Before anyone says its my AV its not. i tried it with no AV installed and it didnt work, ive tried it on my dads laptop with exact same AV and it worked. Ive tried the launcher it flashes and disappears, Ive tried running the JAR file i get a flash of a command box and then nothing. Ive tried many different times and i was getting banner freezes but now i dont even get that. I have tried the BAT fix doesnt work. In .technicpack all that is there is the JAR file no logs nothing.

Seriously need sorting this!

Error Messages:

Error Log:

No folders there

11 answers to this question

We'll need the exact contents of the batch file, and where it's located then, please.

its on my desktop

"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1G -jar C:\Users\Packard Bell\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher

pause

just manged to get a screen print of the command box when i try to run the JAR file in the folder...

'Error: Could not find or load main class C:\Users\Packard Bell\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\technic-launcher.jar

Try putting the batch file in the same directory as your launcher .jar and changing the whole c:\Users\Packard Bell... path to just the name of the .jar, like so:

"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1G -jar technic-launcher.jar

pause

Try putting the batch file in the same directory as your launcher .jar and changing the whole c:\Users\Packard Bell... path to just the name of the .jar, like so:

"C:\program files\java\jre7\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1G -jar technic-launcher.jar

pause

ok that got the jar to start got banner freeze now...this is logs

[11:55:18] [sEVERE]    ------------------------------------------

[12:02:45] [sEVERE]------------------------------------------

[12:02:45] [sEVERE]Launcher is starting....

[12:02:45] [sEVERE]Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[12:02:45] [sEVERE]Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[12:02:45] [sEVERE]Java VM: '1.7.0_05-b06'

[12:02:45] [sEVERE]OS Version: '6.1'

[12:02:45] [sEVERE]Is 64-bit: 'true'

[12:02:46] [sEVERE][info] Downloading 'mirrors.yml' from 'https://raw.github.com/TechnicPack/Technic/master/mirrors.yml'.

[12:02:46] [sEVERE]Exception in thread "main"

[12:02:46] [sEVERE]java.lang.NullPointerException

[12:02:46] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186) 

[12:02:46] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

[12:02:46] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[12:02:46] [sEVERE]at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

it doesnt work, i will try on weekend when i remove AV again but i dont think it will work. Ive allowed it through Windows Firewall and Norton...

just edited the logs because they have changed...looks like the logs are loading the launcher form? but it is not showing.

It is at this point that would make sure you have the newest launcher by completely removing it and downloading a new copy. I have had numerous problems myself when I tried to change launcher versions (even non-version-number-change versions) without deleting old files.