Launcher wont start

Ir0nF1st

Question

Launcher Version: 3.1.2 I believe if thats the one on the homepage

Operating System: Windows XP SP3

Java Version: Java Runtime Environment 7 Update 5

Antivirus Program: I have Microsoft Security Essentials running as well as Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Description of Problem:

I download the launcher from the homepage and try to run it, but when i click run im greeted with this "TechnicLauncher[1].exe - Application Error" "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application).

Also sorry for not browsing the threads very hard for this problem thats probably already on here.

Error Messages:

(0xc0000135)

Error Log:

9 answers to this question

downloaded .net framework 4 and let automatic updates do its thing but now i get "TechnicLauncher[1].exe - .NET Framework Initialization Error" "Unable to find a version of the runtime to run this application"

Did i miss something?

i did Save Target As on the direct link and put it on my desktop, and ran it from their and something happened, there was a loading bar, nothings really happening after though, its just saying "Checking Launcher Version" and then closes.

You're going to have to be more descriptive. There are so many things that can go wrong when installing new and different software that I can't run through every one of them with every person. Are you trying to use the executable launcher? It doesn't really like 32-bit systems sometimes.

yes i used the .exe that is on the home page it seems to crash when i try to direct download it, but i did Save Target As on the direct link and placed the executable on my desktop and it got a bit further on, it started up and did something i didnt really get a chance to read all of it, nothing happened after that so i ran it again and now it just says "checking launcher version" and closes.