It cant find Java?

RoxyConan

Question

Launcher Version: I guess 7.2.7

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate

Java Version: Newest *apparently*

Antivirus Program:

Description of Problem:

When i try to upload *download?* the launcher, from the download button on your homepage, it starts to ''Checking Launcher Version" but all I get is a small pop up window saying ''Can't find java directory". I have no idea what that is. I've downloaded the Java version thing you guys suggested in the link, downloaded the newest version of Java, let my computer go through a bunch of boring downloads, rechecked to see if my Java's were still intact and tried multipul times, NOTHING WORKS! It works on my moms laptop and see has a monumental amount of Java things on there, like, 15 of them. I just dont get it. Normal Minecraft works smooth as silk too. Im at a complete loss, help?

Error Messages:

Can't find java directory

Error Log:

5 answers to this question

Remove all versions of Java. Install Java 7u5 or 7u6 (I just noticed that a new one was out). Reboot. Voila!

I TRIED THAT! Just now! But its still not working. I have Java (32 bit) and its connected to my Control Panel so I didnt delete that, checked for updates for that specifically and its still not working. Please, more help?

Here use this video. It worked for me. I know there is another way to do this because I did it on my other computer but I can't remember what I did. The only problem with it is that when you make a shortcut to it the image is wrong. I am currently looking in to fixing this. I know it can be fixed. I just can't find a downloadable version of the icon.

http://www.minecraft-free-download.com/20066_how-to-install-the-technic-pack-for-125-quotcant-find-java-directoryquot-fixOu

Fixed Icon problem. Right click on shortcut. Then click on properties. Then select change icon. Last, select this image/icon-

http://www.convertico.com/images/1345399928.96/Technic Launcher icon.ico

Make sure you first saved this image/icon.

I TRIED THAT! Just now! But its still not working. I have Java (32 bit) and its connected to my Control Panel so I didnt delete that, checked for updates for that specifically and its still not working. Please, more help?

This might be the issue. Do you have the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7? 32-bit Java doesn't agree with 64-bit Windows. As for the "can't find Java directory" thing, you should add Java to your system path variable. There's a good tutorial on how to do that if you Google "Java system path variable".

This might be the issue. Do you have the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows 7? 32-bit Java doesn't agree with 64-bit Windows. As for the "can't find Java directory" thing, you should add Java to your system path variable. There's a good tutorial on how to do that if you Google "Java system path variable".

I got it! Thanks :3