Mods are unable to be accessed.

Zodel

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.1.3

Operating System: Windows 8

Java Version: Java 7 (build 1.7.0_05-b06)

Antivirus Program: Microsoft Security.

Description of Problem:

After one or two plays of tekkit via the technic launcher, the mods appear to stop registering with the game, the text at the bottom left of the open screen no longer displaying mods, and the mods tab itself not appearing.

As well as this, I have been unable to clear my cache for a time, an error message appearing that says "Failed to clear cache! Ensure modpack files are open. If all else fails, close the launcher, restart it, and try again."

I have reinstalled the game well over a dozen times in the past two days, as well as re-downloading the launcher twice to reinstall it.

Error Messages:

N/A

Error Log:

Is longer than 50,000 characters, apparently.

6 answers to this question

Being unable to clear your cache means something is memory-resident. Reboot your computer, then double-check to make sure Java's not loading at startup for some reason. Back up your .techniclauncher\tekkit folder, then just delete it. Follow that up with a reinstall, then copy over from the backup whatever you wanted to save (waypoints, etc.). See if that works.

Doing all that, nothing new has happened. I'll be able to play the game a single time after re-installing it, but then it wont load the mods again and i'll need to re-install to play again. Java isn't loading at start up.

Doing all that, nothing new has happened. I'll be able to play the game a single time after re-installing it, but then it wont load the mods again and i'll need to re-install to play again. Java isn't loading at start up.

Are you changing any configuration files in-game after you install? Your problem is not normal or common.