Heavy fps lag every 10 - 15 seconds

Zapfinger

Question

Title: Heavy fps lag every 10 - 15 seconds

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: Version 7 Update 3

Description of Problem:

I am getting heavy fps lag every 10 - 15 seconds and it lasts for about 5 seconds every time. I usually have 200 - 300 fps so it definetely should run smoothly.. it doesn't matter if i'm in sp or smp on my own server. The lag is even worse in sp for some reason. there the fps during the lags go down to unplayable 5 - 10 fps and in smp they go down to 15 - 30... i already tried the following:

reinstalling java

clearing the cache

reinstalling technic/tekkit

changing the settings in-game(tiny, fast etc)

adding more ram to tekkit(4gb)

using gamebooster 3

quiting any programs running in the background

all of the above didn't help in any way.. minecraft runs perfectly with a 256x256 hd texture pack and tekkit lags with the standard one! i'm kinda running out of ideas here! help would be much appreciated!

Error Messages:

Error Log:

7 answers to this question

Check your video settings and look for the Autosave frequency its default is set at 3 minutes and its the cause of the infamous lagspike of death

no i don't have the lagspike of death i have a fluent decimation of fps ^^ when i look at the lagometer it looks like i have about 50 lagspikes of death every half second : /

make sure that you are using 64 bit java for your machine as i assume since you can extend your view distance so far your comp should be 64 bit

I'm using 64 Bit and i even set the heap size to 3Gb and that didn't do much. Now I even put the Server onto antoher PC so that this one has less work to do when playing tekkit but that did not help aswell so now i'm totally frustrated :( PLEASE HELP ME!!! D: