Jungle Tree Bug?

CyberShinyNinja

Hello,

I've been having a problem where I can't plant large (4-sapling) jungle trees in the same place twice. Probably not a major bug, but it's getting to be quite bothersome to have to travel just to harvest wood... I suspect this might have something to do with Thaumcraft aura levels, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated!

-CSN

Yes. How I normally do tree farms is I make a large 20x20-ish open space of dirt, surround it with glass walls to keep the mobs out, place torches around the perimeter, and leave the top open for room to grow. The trouble is, now bonemeal won't work on the 2x2 jungle trees and they won't grow normally either. I can still plant normal, single-sapling trees, but that's obviously a lot less efficient than full jungle trees. It's something I can work around, but it's getting to be a major annoyance.

How much room are you leaving around the top, and at what height? Jungle trees can have branches as low as maybe 6-8 blocks up, and they won't grow, with or without bone meal, if there's something in the way when they check for space. They'll wait until the next growth cycle, which...may be a while.

I know what I'm doing trying to grow trees. The glass walls are three blocks high, and I took them down to test all this before I posted.

Then I have no idea whether this is a bug, glitch, or normal behavior. To the best of my knowledge, TC2 does not interfere with plant growth at all, nor should any of the other mods in Technic.