FaNT1m

Question

Launcher Version: 7.2

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Java Version: Java 7 (64bit)

Antivirus Program: Avast!

Description of Problem:

Ok,

When I launch the techniclauncher.exe, it simply displays the Techniclauncher banner and proceeds no further. To understand my problem, some background is needed:

I am a University student, living in an on campus Dorm. Our internet is connected to the University's main net , which is behind an authenticated proxy. Online gaming is allowed, if you are able to get it working (for those thinking I'm being sneaky, or something). So most of the students use the program Proxifier to get the games running.

So far, I have been able to get vanilla Minecraft working and have been able to connect to servers. However, when I try to get the techniclauncher to run It simply displays the banner, which stays there untill I end the java process. (also yes it does run the correct 64bit java)

It may be that I have not installed the launcher correctly, as the first time I ran the launcher, when it downloads the launcher, it seems to refuse the connection at first, then it proceeds, to downloading the launcher to 100%

I could add the full proxifier errors here if anyone willing to help needs them, but basically it says" Proxy server cannot establish a connection with the target, status code 400"

Usually offline installers solve all my problems...

I'm quite sure no one will be able to help me with this, but here's to hoping?

EDIT

--------

Ok, so reading up more on similar issues, I downloaded the launcher on another PC, with open access to the internet. The .exe still doesn't work, but when I double click the .jar, it goes to the launcher and I get " Oh Noes! Our Tumblr Feed is Down!" and am unable to get online though, so the offer to play offline displays but his doesn't work either, it just says "update failed"

Error Messages:

Error Log:

[21:10:54] [sEVERE] ------------------------------------------

[21:10:54] [sEVERE] Launcher is starting....

[21:10:54] [sEVERE] Launcher Build: '1.0.1.3'

[21:10:54] [sEVERE] Allocated 910.25 Mb of RAM

[21:10:54] [sEVERE] Java VM: '1.7.0_06-b24'

[21:10:54] [sEVERE] OS Version: '6.1'

[21:10:54] [sEVERE] Is 64-bit: 'true'

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:30)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:76)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MD5Utils.updateMD5Cache(MD5Utils.java:71)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:360)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:194)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] All mirrors failed, reverting to default

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:30)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.MirrorUtils.getMirrorUrl(MirrorUtils.java:76)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:45)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.YmlUtils.downloadRelativeYmlFile(YmlUtils.java:24)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.updateModPacksYMLCache(ModPackListYML.java:82)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getConfig(ModPackListYML.java:72)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getModPacks(ModPackListYML.java:108)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.<clinit>(ModPackListYML.java:60)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:361)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.<init>(LoginForm.java:133)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] All mirrors failed, reverting to default

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] Exception in thread "main"

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.modpacks.ModPackListYML.getAllModPackResources(ModPackListYML.java:186)

[21:10:56] [sEVERE] at org.spoutcraft.launcher.gui.LoginForm.loadLauncherData(LoginForm.java:363)

I have the Log for after the update aswell, bit I don't know how to put it in the log window, so it makes the post too long.

1 answer to this question

Ok, so It seems either no one knows what the problem might be, or no one wants to help... Though probably, I'm a little too hasty and aren't giving this enough time.

Anyway, so I've used my phone as a temporary internet connection and have downloaded the Tekkit mod as well as Logging on to minecraft once (though the data charges were insane). So now at least, when running the .jar, it immediately Tells me it can't connect to minecraft.net and allows me to play offline. While this is an improvement, I still don't understand, why it is that the normal minecraft launcher can connect, but the technic-launcher can't? After all, both programs run off the same java and have the same exeptions everywhere.If someone could maybe tell me what the differences between the two are (in regards to connecting to the web) I would appreciate it. I'm not a Super computer master or anything, but I'm usually capable of fixing some things.