I can't help but feel like we need one more modpack.

roothorick

Something more adventure-focused with a greater focus on exploration and more attention paid to balance, for those in the mood to explore and to modify, not so much to build. Not as a replacement for Technic/Tekkit, but as a separate, complimentary pack offering a different experience entirely.

The Yogbox used to fill this gap somewhat, although that wasn't its focus and it was SSP-only; however, it's now been all-but-officially discontinued, and I think we have an opportunity to assemble something a bit more focused and try to make it multiplayer-friendly.

I did some googling and couldn't find any coordinated efforts of the like, so heck with it, let's make a new one. Is there some kind of etiquette or expected process, or should I just start making a list and contacting authors?

Something more adventure-focused with a greater focus on exploration and more attention paid to balance, for those in the mood to explore and to modify, not so much to build. Not as a replacement for Technic/Tekkit, but as a separate, complimentary pack offering a different experience entirely.

The Yogbox used to fill this gap somewhat, although that wasn't its focus and it was SSP-only; however, it's now been all-but-officially discontinued, and I think we have an opportunity to assemble something a bit more focused and try to make it multiplayer-friendly.

I did some googling and couldn't find any coordinated efforts of the like, so heck with it, let's make a new one. Is there some kind of etiquette or expected process, or should I just start making a list and contacting authors?

What were you thinking about, one mod, Like hack slash mine? an entire pack? It might be cool to make a modpack with a total conversion mod in it (e.g. TerraFirmaCraft)

What were you thinking about, one mod? Like hack slash mine, an entire pack? It might be cool to make a modpack with a total conversion mod in it (e.g. TerraFirmaCraft)

Hack/Mine is actually just one mod, it's just incompatible with pretty much everything due to it being essentially a total conversion. (Which is why you generally don't see TCs in modpacks -- they break SO many other mods.)

TFCraft is the same story -- it's so big and changes so much, I just can't see it NOT breaking something major once you start piling in other mods.

Hack/Mine is actually just one mod, it's just incompatible with pretty much everything due to it being essentially a total conversion. (Which is why you generally don't see TCs in modpacks -- they break SO many other mods.)

TFCraft is the same story -- it's so big and changes so much, I just can't see it NOT breaking something major once you start piling in other mods.

I actually ment one mod like hack slash mine, wasn't that clear, changed it :P, hack slash mine is a single mod, why not make another pack with a single mod? (A TCM to be exact), that's what I ment

For the post under me:

I'm not planning on making a pack myself, but what exactly did you mean? I'm interested :P,

I don't think more modpacks would hurt the launcher though, it's a nice idea, might even attract more people. It's quite a smart move if done right.