Launcher is replacing my main folders contents

MobileEggplant

Question

Launcher Version: Newest

Operating System: Does not have anything to do with this problem

Java Version: Newest

Antivirus Program: Has nothing to do with this problem

Description of Problem:

3 weeks ago I purchesed minecraft and installed Tekkit through the newest Technic launcher as instructed, I then installed Sphax texture pack and played the game without any issue at all.

I backed up the game with all my settings and maps by making a copy of the intire Technic folder were this is all saved. 2 days ago I had to delete the Main Technic folder because of a mod I installed wrong, after I deleted it I then replaced it with my backup I had made of the main Technic folder with all my saves and settings.

NOW when I click the Technic launcher to just run the game like befor off the backup, the Launcher just forces a clean install over my backup!!!, why is it not using the backup folder!!! why does it keep installing over it!!! please help!

I hope someone knows whats wrong and can help me out, I dont even feel like playing the game anymore after this its depressing...

Error Messages:

no errors

Error Log:

no error log

1 answer to this question

Ok I figured out what causes this problem I dont know why this happend but apprently the Technic Launcher made a duplicate of the main folder within the folder twice so when it went to read my backup it was reading nothing so problem solved works great now :D so for anyone with this issue look within your tekkit directory within your new overwrite to see if there is another duplicate of the same files after re-installing from launcher then delete them and leave your backups were they belong normally