Tekkit Server Crash on 3.1.3

PacovonPig

Question

Title: Tekkit Server Crash on 3.1.3

Version: 3.1.2

Java Version: 6 and 7

Description of Problem:

i know some may think the problem maybe linux, but i had already been running a 3.1.2 server just fine with no issues. i wanted to try out the new version

again, this is for a new server on 3.1.3

the problem i came across was when i attempted to automate my macerating and smelting of ores by use of redstone engine and wooden pipe, and my server crashed. will not start up at anymore. i had placed my pipes all nice, and placed the engine, but the moment i tried to turn it on, the server crashed. seems like theres an error in the files that specify the power output of the engines

Error Messages:

Error Log:

2012-11-18 21:46:34 [sEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.receiveEnergy(I)V

2012-11-18 21:46:34 [sEVERE] at buildcraft.energy.TileEngine.q_(TileEngine.java:126)

2012-11-18 21:46:34 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1189)

2012-11-18 21:46:34 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:559)

2012-11-18 21:46:34 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457)

2012-11-18 21:46:34 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

2012-11-18 21:46:34 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.receiveEnergy(I)V

at buildcraft.energy.TileEngine.q_(TileEngine.java:126)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1189)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:559)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

16 answers to this question

I've got a feeling this is only a BuildCraft bug, as when I tried to pump creosote oil from my coke oven with a steam engine, it also caused a crash :(

This is what appeared in the console after I logged in:

19.11 10:07:30 [server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

19.11 10:07:30 [server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467)

19.11 10:07:30 [server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:569)

19.11 10:07:30 [server] INFO at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1190)

19.11 10:07:30 [server] INFO at buildcraft.energy.TileEngine.q_(TileEngine.java:126)

19.11 10:07:30 [server] INFO java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.receiveEnergy(I)V

19.11 10:07:30 [server] SEVERE Unexpected exception

19.11 10:07:30 [server] SEVERE at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

19.11 10:07:30 [server] SEVERE at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467)

19.11 10:07:30 [server] SEVERE at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:569)

19.11 10:07:30 [server] SEVERE at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1190)

19.11 10:07:30 [server] SEVERE at buildcraft.energy.TileEngine.q_(TileEngine.java:126)

19.11 10:07:30 [server] SEVERE java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.receiveEnergy(I)V

:) Only just realised we have exactly the same problem, except mine is in the opposite order XD

Also I'm using TekkitHost so I have a MultiCraft panel if that helps!

UPDATE:

DarthDavis has found a successful temporary solution!

"Replace the buildcraft/api in the railcraft zip with the buildcraft/api in the buildcraft core zip for both the client and server."

Same here after only placing a Pump

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:569)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1190)

at buildcraft.factory.TilePump.q_(TilePump.java:84)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.useEnergy(IIZ)I

>

22:29:06 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

>

22:29:06 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

>

22:29:06 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:467)

>

22:29:06 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:569)

>

22:29:06 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1190)

>

22:29:06 [sEVERE] at buildcraft.factory.TilePump.q_(TilePump.java:84)

>

22:29:06 [sEVERE] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: buildcraft.api.PowerProvider.useEnergy(IIZ)I

2 things: This should be updated to a MAJOR BUG (obviously), and the other thing is more important. By the looks of things a file for BuildCraft is missing (an energy file for engines and energy transport (conductive pipes)). If you wish to let your server or SSP world work again, then I believe all you will have to do for now is use MCEdit to remove the engine(s) and/or the machine. This is the only possible solution I can suggest (I'm not going to do it though because I would rage at how hard I find it to use MCEdit), but apart from that, this needs to be fixed immediately please! Good luck to you all, and let us hope help will be with us soon :)

yes it is a serious error I can't run my server an my players are getting very angry I've had the server down for 2 days trying to figure this out but I have no idea how to code.

So I really need some help.

the server was running fine untill someone placed a Buildcraft pump in the world then it crashed the server I've tried removing buildcraft mod but that just made more errors an server won't even boot up.

I'm really getting annoyed with this I'm paying for a server no one can use :(

It would be more useful to have an answer better than "Simply remove railcraft". No offence. It's just some of us prefer to have all the mods, and without all the mods the server wouldn't be able to register certain blocks and would make the problem of restarting a world as well. Please do correct me if I am wrong (As in removing it somehow mystically still will allow RailCraft to work).

Thank you anyway though.

I think I'm running into the same bug, but it appears that Creosote Oil just is not in Railcraft. Because when an admin tries to Creative Mode make a bottle.. they get an error that Item does not exist. Any chance we have some sort of resolution, that does not involve disabling Railcraft? Its sad that the only way to make the wood rails or normal rails is to use the oil which is broken.