Technic Launcher and Java Control Panel won't start

Bene1807

Question

So here's the problem:

Wanted to play Tekkit again after ages (half a year or so), started Technic Launcher through a steam shortcut and it opened but crashed constantly without error messages.

Tried starting not through steam, won't even open (only the little java icon in the tray and then gone).

Found out the problem has to be Java x64, because the Control Panel can't be opened (blank panel, then closes)((I am administrator obviously, tried that))(((also compatibility modes ))).

It worked with Java x86 somehow, both builds on JRE 1.8.0_241 (latest 8 build), also tried the 231 update and does not matter, so seems to be x64.

Uninstalling and reinstalling any graphics or audio drivers will also not work, I am currently working on this for hours.

I still can open the launcher via steam, which is very very strange, but it will only remain open until I hover over some icons/text/buttons? And I could adjust the RAM and it even saved, I could even change the used Java-Version to the 32-Bit u241 I just installed but that does not change anything. I can even start a pack but it will crash during the content-grabbing.

Log: https://pastebin.com/SgzxM4uW (didn't bother the discord bot, there is no failure seen in my eyes, it just gives up I guess)

It is not about just playing anymore, this problem is driving me nuts just for how unreasonable it is, since everything was fine the last time I played.

Please help.

Edit: It was RivaTuner Statistics Server, thanks to AetherPirate on the discord for finding out!

Edited by Bene1807

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet