Unable to authenticate account with minecraft.net

Rubentje96

Question

Launcher Version: 1.0.2.0

Operating System: Mac OSX 10.8.2

Java Version: Tried java 6 and 7

Antivirus Program: None

Description of Problem:

Every time I try to log into tekkit, i get the error message: "Unable to authenticat account with minecraft .net". The minecraft servers aren't the problem, because I am getting this error message for about 2 months now and everytime I get this error I can still login to normal Minecraft.

Please help me.

Error Messages:

Unable to authenticate account with minecraft.net

Error Log:

6 answers to this question

@Rubentje96 go to %appdata%/roaming you will see the /.techniclauncher /tekkit /saves go in there go to all you r saves and copy them in a map (not in the /.techniclauncher file) go back to %appdata%/roaming and delete the /.techniclauncher then delete you launcher it self. Go Download the technic launcher again (http://www.technicpack.net/download/) Problem fixed.

I just got minecraft on December 28 and tried getting the technic launcher later that night but I get the same message whenever I log in and yes I am 100% positive it is the correct login information. the error message: "unable to authenticate this account with minecraft.net". I have tried deleting and redownloading, no results. I've tried disabling my firewall and no results there either. I've tried turning my Wi-Fi off and on again, no results. I have no idea what's going on and am very frustrated because I was looking forward to playing all the incredible modpacks featured in the launcher.

Nope. I'm using my 100% legit, premium account Minecraft username and have made sure the password is correct many times. I've tried deleting the .techniclauncher folder and then running the launcher so it redownloads but nothing. It's been a few weeks now and every time I try logging in I still get that freaking message. Kind of making me mad now.

Jaimeecorn thank you so much. I apologize, I misread your post but reread it again and saw what you were saying. I tried it and praise the lord it worked. The yogscast tekkit series made me super excited to play technic so I'm like a unicorn on crack now that its working. Thanks again