Launcher only says checking updates, no matter what

coyshboy

Question

Launcher Version: latest

Operating System: 4 gb ram, 64 bit operating system (OS i believe), windows.

Java Version: kit 7u10 (version 7 update 10, downloaded today)

Antivirus Program: AVG free forever one, that you only have tp agree to

Description of Problem:

I have had this problem from the start. First off, i got a ,god forbid, cracked Technic launcher. I then got a premium mc account after i saw what mc was like. so forth, I downloaded the latest Technic launcher, didn't work, only said checking updates, then nothing. This had worked before once i had a cracked launcher however. somewhere in the middle, i had serious Java screw ups, after i tried to get 64 bit. the download didn't finish, and all my Java files were converted to rar files, because the download has to delete the previous Java version before actually downloading. After some time (3 days) i managed to get all of my Java problems fixed, by going into those rar files and changing the end of the file name from .exe to .jar. this is where i got premium and downloaded the latest Technic launcher. also i heard/saw that there was a 1.4.6 Technic version :DD. went into the newly latest downloaded Technic launcher and... only said checking for updates. the cracked launcher still works, but in the dev version of Technic only does that apple error, the hello Java crash one, the one to do with FML. Also every now and then it comes up with that another program is using its PATH directory, even though nothing else is running. Ive tried countless attempts by deleting the old .technic folder from the cracked launcher, and still nothing. so i had have been forced to play scrubby 1.2.5 Technic, or the recommended version (seriously? recommended?). so then i made a Technic account, and posted this possible bug or my pc screw up forum post.

Error Messages:

Checking for updates.... loading.... then nothing.

Error Log:

the cracked .techniclauncher folder doesnt have these error logs, it runs fine on rec. version on technic

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet