Launcher wont open/download

Cloudsjudgment

Question

Launcher Version: most recent windows 7 version

Operating System: windows 7

Java Version: 6.0.170.4

Antivirus Program: avg

Description of Problem:

When i click on the technic launcher icon on my desktop it starts to check launcher version and an error message appears saying: "Unable to download launcher. Please check your internet connection by opening www.technicluncher.net in your web browser" my internet works fine, and the address sends me to a monster.com promotion, this problem has persisted almost 24 hours now

Error Messages:

unable to download launcher. Please check your internet connection by opening www.technicluncher.net in your web browser

Error Log:

2 answers to this question

I've done it! go to your files, and at the top in the search bar type this exactly %appdata% (withought the spaces) scroll down to the bottom there should be two files(technic-launcher, and technic-launcher.jar.bak) move Only technic-launcher.jar.bak to the .techniclauncher folder and try to run technic again it should work

Thanks! now when i opened %appdata% i found the .techniclauncher folder but i found a technic-launcher executable jar file and a technic-launcher.jar BAK file outside that folder in the Appdata/roaming folder, and both files were also inside the .techniclauncher folder, and upon deleting the extra BAK file the launcher resumed working again