Pack Operator Requesting General Opinion.

SethAten

You may have not heard of my little modpack community, it is intentionally rather small. A few months ago I forked technic and re-purposed it to release my own modpacks. However, I've also recently been given access to the beta modpacks system.......

I face a tough decision, and I hope the wise persons on this forum can help me with their hopefully unbiased opinion. Please, if you have time, in your answer weigh the pros and cons fairly.

I can continue to maintain my re-purposed launcher(aptly named "SA90 Launcher"), which requires me to hand-write loads of metadata, and requires me to generate patches from each released minecraft version to those I wish to support. But don't let the glum tone affect you, I've no problem doing it just as the technic team has yet no problem.

Or, I can use the new beta system. I am told it will allow me to have a semblance of version control, to force patches and fixes...almost like my launcher. All I have to do is feed it a zip and tell it what version. Even the minecraft versioning is handled, I'm told. And the technic team will make the downpatches.

So what should I do? And it's not even an answer of what launcher pre-exists. I would still have to introduce players to either my launcher or help them find the beta..