Custom Mod Pack not downloading.

Virusbomb

After lots of hard work making a custom mod pack for a private server I uploaded it to my dropbox, directed technicpack.net where to get it, tried to install it, and it doesn't work. It shows that it's download the .zip file and when it finishes, it launches minecraft but it's only vanilla MC. When I look in the folder for the modpack the coremod and config folders are empty, the mods folder doesn't exist, and there is no modpack.jar inside the bin folder.

The .zip file has the 4 folders (bin,config,coremods,mods) and in the bin is the modpack.jar with forge inside.

Also If I copy and paste in the 4 folders from the zip into the custom pack folder, it still runs as normal vanilla MC. It only works correctly with forge and all the mods running if I copy in everything from the modpack.jar into minecraft.jar inside the .bin folder and then run the pack.

In short: the launchers isn't downloading and installing the custom zip file and modpack.jar isn't installing into minecraft.jar.

After lots of hard work making a custom mod pack for a private server I uploaded it to my dropbox, directed technicpack.net where to get it, tried to install it, and it doesn't work. It shows that it's download the .zip file and when it finishes, it launches minecraft but it's only vanilla MC. When I look in the folder for the modpack the coremod and config folders are empty, the mods folder doesn't exist, and there is no modpack.jar inside the bin folder.

The .zip file has the 4 folders (bin,config,coremods,mods) and in the bin is the modpack.jar with forge inside.

Also If I copy and paste in the 4 folders from the zip into the custom pack folder, it still runs as normal vanilla MC. It only works correctly with forge and all the mods running if I copy in everything from the modpack.jar into minecraft.jar inside the .bin folder and then run the pack.

In short: the launchers isn't downloading and installing the custom zip file and modpack.jar isn't installing into minecraft.jar.

Have you put all the files in another main file before zipping it? Because you shouldn't, also, try a new forge version. I use 524: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?action=files

Have you put all the files in another main file before zipping it? Because you shouldn't, also, try a new forge version. I use 524: http://www.minecraftforge.net/forum/index.php?action=files

The 4 folders are not in another folder they are simply in the .zip.

It looks like this:

custom.zip

bin (folder)

config (folder)

coremods (folder)

mods (folder)

And NOT like this.

custom.zip

custom (folder)

bin (folder)

config (folder)

coremods (folder)

mods (folder)

Edit: After trying with forge 534 it now downloads all the files and has them in the custom mod pack folder (coremods now has the core mods, bin has modpack.jar)

But modpack.jar still isn't installing into minecraft.jar automatically so it still starts up as vanilla MC until I do that.

The 4 folders are not in another folder they are simply in the .zip.

It looks like this:

custom.zip

bin (folder)

config (folder)

coremods (folder)

mods (folder)

And NOT like this.

custom.zip

custom (folder)

bin (folder)

config (folder)

coremods (folder)

mods (folder)

Edit: After trying with forge 534 it now downloads all the files and has them in the custom mod pack folder (coremods now has the core mods, bin has modpack.jar)

But modpack.jar still isn't installing into minecraft.jar automatically so it still starts up as vanilla MC until I do that.

Modpack.jar shouldn't be installed into minecraft.jar, but should be sitting next to it. So you have two .jar files in the bin.

Modpack.jar shouldn't be installed into minecraft.jar, but should be sitting next to it. So you have two .jar files in the bin.

That's how it is but forge is not installed then. And since forge doesn't install nothing installs and it stays vanilla MC. I was just testing and when I added the modpack.jar files to minecraft.jar it does work, but I know that's not how it's suppose to work.

That's how it is but forge is not installed then. And since forge doesn't install nothing installs and it stays vanilla MC. I was just testing and when I added the modpack.jar files to minecraft.jar it does work, but I know that's not how it's suppose to work.

For me changing the forge version a few times worked, I came out at 524.

hello, have you found the answer yet?, im having the same problem, the only thing i think it might be is the host of the custom.zip file, such as drop box & media fire. ***im using media fire*** we might be putting the wrong thing in?

i also read that you need to put "/api/" at the end of the link? i found this on the "configure solder API"

im disliking how the platform gives no information on how to set up this stuff, when i make a mod pack that works, i will post a vid on youtube on how to do it.

signed

• 1 month later...

I had this same problem, I have found a fix. When you link drop box to the technic platform make sure ou replace www. with dl.

Like this: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/fg7pcbttorb9m6a/Teh Grover Modpack.rar

Not like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fg7pcbttorb9m6a/Teh Grover Modpack.rar

Could it be a problem with the launcher? I even tried what you said and it didn't change...

You guys can not user .rar. The launcher only reads .zips. Use WinRAR and select the 4 folders, right-click and just add to archive. Just make sure you select .zip. Also when using dropbox, you need to grab the actual download link by right-clicking on download and selecting copy link address.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem and I've tried everything! I have changed the forge version 3 times, redone the modpack atleest 15 times, the problem is that modpack.jar (IT IS in the "bin" folder) doesn't get regognized (forge doesn't get installed in the minecraft.jar, auto-maticly)

And I have tried the http//dl. thingy!!!