Launcher clones tekkit folder

i_am_AcTive

Question

Launcher Version: 195

Operating System: Windows 7 64bit

Java Version: version 7 update17 (build 1.7.0_17-b02)

Antivirus Program: avast

Description of Problem:

I created a "tekkit" folder on my desktop to put the technic launcher components in. However, there seems to be a component folder also named tekkit. It will clone the tekkit folder into the tekkit folder forever. So if I actually ran the launcher exe for awhile I would have a 100+ tekkit folder directory, with no other components than the tekkit folder.

A solution I have came up with is just to change the directory where the launcher components install, but I can't change them without the launcher.... Now, when you FIRST use the TechnicLauncher.exe it will ask you for a directory, but only the first time will it ask you that. When I use the launcher.exe now it will just make the infinite tekkit folders. How can I make it so it will ask me where to install like the first time. I can not use the actual launcher application to change it, because it never makes that application.

Error Messages:

Error Log:

1 answer to this question

I have fixed this problem. I made it so when I use the TechnicLauncher.exe it will ask me if I want to change the default directory.

I have no definite answer, but what I did do is:

-I went to my AppDataRoaming.technic folder and deleted the setting.yml file.

-I deleted a problem associated with the TechnicLauncher.exe in my registry. (Only do this if you know what you're doing in regedit)

Hope this helps as this is a very weird bug.

Also if you encountered this bug and can not delete the massive tekkit folder directory due to the source file path being too long, you will have to download Delinvfile (google it) and use it to delete the whole directory. Use it with caution.

If you do not want to download any programs, because you are worried it will contain a virus (Delinvfile is virus free). There is another way without any downloading, but it is not 100% and it CAN take you a very very very long time. What you have to do is rename every tekkit folder to 1 (if there are subfolders in the tekkit folders you must name them to 2,3,4,5,etc). You are basically shortening the character length of the directory. If it is short enough, it will delete. If it doesn't delete then it is just too long. Try booting in safe mode, but I have no other answers other than that.