Launcher moves folders in root directory on HDD

Zigerus

Question

Launcher Version: Current Launcher Build: 201

Operating System: Windows 7 x64 ulti

Java Version: Current Launcher Build: 201

Antivirus Program: Microsoft security essentials

Description of Problem:

After starting the .exe I choose to install it in my H: drive w/out chooseing a folder. It started up fine then I logged in and tried to launch tekkitlite it started updating so I went into the settings to start configuring.

While in there I noticed you were able to move the directory, so I made a folder, changed the directory and clicked save. It then decided to move all of the folders/games I had in my drive into a folder labeled Tekkit. Now every time I go to boot tekkit it moves most of my folders from my root into that Tekkit folder. It also does not fully boot it shows up in my task manager and just keeps moving files into that folder. Even after I moved them out. I can force close java and it will stop moving files.

I have tried Deleting the Tekkit folder and going fresh but I assume there are reg keys that I haven't been able to locate yet that might be causing this issue.

If you need SS's or I can try to take vid of it let me know.

Error Messages:

None

Error Log:

I do not have a techniclauncher/logs folder.

2 answers to this question

Same problem here with all of the same specs except for Windows 7 x64 Pro. I wasn't sure if the launcher was going to create it's own folder or not (as many programs will do), so I directed it just to my secondary drive's Programs folder. When after pressing OK I realized that it hadn't created it's own folder, I went to Settings to direct it to one, and then experienced the same thing as Zigerus.

In my case it is creating infinite (as far as I can tell) "Technic" folders underneath the one I created and then repeatedly moving all of my program folders to the new one, creating a new one, and then moving them again.

So I ended up with "D:\Programs\Technic\Technic\Technic\Technic\Technic\Technic\" by the time I realized what was happening the first time and killed Java and all of my program folders were under that last folder.

Update:

I was able to fix the problem/reinstall by deleting the "C:\Users\_______\AppData\Roaming\.technic" folder, re-running the launcher, and directing it to the proper folder during the installation (or if you'd rather, just leave it on the default settings to avoid any problems).